***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

2015 Mitsubishi Lancers

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:46 am

I think that its boring to have all come out with ralliart bars now. I really like the look of the front pods on the VRX etc. Now its harder to tell them apart
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:47 am

belle_tb_ES wrote:I think that its boring to have all come out with ralliart bars now. I really like the look of the front pods on the VRX etc. Now its harder to tell them apart

Agreed. It makes the RA a little less special and stand out less. :(
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

pneill
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby pneill » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Good for sleeper effect though.. and less attention from po-lice.
MY15 Ralliart Lancer - Titanium

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:37 pm

I think Mitsubishi are just using up the leftover bits...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

pneill
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby pneill » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Unfortunately though - agreed, for the same body style for new year model and only difference is some white stitching and door panels its a bit sad :cry: :cry: :cry:

But I'm still keen on the RA!!!

Not long now to October...

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Zaphod wrote:I think Mitsubishi are just using up the leftover bits...

^ GENIUS
He's spot on there... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:01 am

i have seen a pic of the front end on a group on facebook hope in a way they dont do the front end it looks like a kia cerato front not to keen on the front end tho
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:13 am

ofey wrote:[quote:0d5324500b=Zaphod]I think Mitsubishi are just using up the leftover bits...[/quote:0d5324500b] ^ GENIUS Hes spot on there... .

If that's the case, they should use up all the Projector headlights that didn't sell from the evos :D
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:32 am

I just wandered over to the new car section while waiting for Myra to get serviced and had a poke around in the new XLS Lancer... Very nice!

Quite impressed with the MY2015 ASX too - the 'base' model is the LS spec, and is very nicely done, but the XLS is a cracker! - proper push-button start, MMCS, dead-cow interior, flappy-paddle CVT, and a glass roof with dimmable concealed LED strip-lighting... Trés posh!

Also, and probably more importantly, the sales guy told me that MMAL are only bringing in 100 MY2015 Ralliarts, so if you're thinking about it...

[/end of report]
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Yeah, seems they put more effort in the ASX / SUVs etc than on the base lancers... which I find f'ed up. Especially on the higher spectrum lancers.

Well, guess I'll be one of the lucky ones with the 2015 RA, as mine's been on order since June. hehehe

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Surely they will be updating soon. They can't just stop producing the only decent sized sedan/sportback of the range...can't just go from mirage to asx.
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947

I

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:19 pm

el3ment wrote:Yeah, seems they put more effort in the ASX / SUVs etc than on the base lancers...

The sales guy said that Mitsubishi Corporate were going to 'focus' on the passenger segment and drop their performance vehicles altogether - so for the short-medium term at least it looks like the Mirage or ASX will be your only choice...

He also said the Shiberu WRX-STI was outselling the Evo hugely, and as the RA has been hard to get in decent quantities, it's about six or eight to one.

The Mirage sedan is comparable in size, but it's never going to replace the Lancer...

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Mirage similar in size.. hahahahaha.. have you seen them? I get claustrophobic in them. :D

Just got my ETA on the car also... 3rd Oct. :)

pneill
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby pneill » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:05 pm

I can't understand how wrx is outselling evo, new Rex is bleh... And a CVT option in a performance car... Where's the dsg scoobydoo? Fair enough its base model is $40k+ compared to evo at $50k+ but come on mitsu why seriously focusing on family 4wd and micro cars?

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:53 pm

Just catching up.

I also like thank my 09 VRX is still the same shape as the 'new' Lancer, I do hope it continues, couldn't stand the thought of owning a current shape Mirage. I do wonder if the lack of Lancer change has kept the resale value higher than it normally would have been?

Maybe in a few years I can find a good used RA if they stop making them.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”