***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Evo X 130000kms

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

simmic
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Evo X 130000kms

Postby simmic » Wed May 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Hey guys,

Just want to get your opinion on this Evo:

Car has had one mature owner (63) and no accidents. Servicing has been regular including all fluid changes.

It is a wonderful road car with 18x9.5 silver AME Tracer wheels and barely worn 265/35 Hankook RS4 tyres. It develops about 250awkw on 98 fuel, has fantastic mid range driving response and with the original rear muffler fitted is quiet, for an evo! Nearly everyone who has driven it or been in it remarks how well it goes!

It is also equally at home on the track. Its modifications, all done by TMR Melbourne, were designed to enable both road and track use and include turbo, mild cams, injectors, fuel pump, custom dump pipe, 3 inch exhaust, intercooler spray, ohlins coilovers, adjustable suspension tops, Ralliart steering bushes, transmission clutches, transmission cooler, transmission temperature gauge, tune, front diff, Pagid brake pads and brake cooling guides. It’s fast and responsive with terrific ability and driver feedback, yet still highly liveable day to day.

It’s done 130k with most of that since I moved 500km north of Sydney and needed to travel back and forth on the motorway. Car has been completely and utterly reliable for years - still has the original battery!

The SST 6 speed transmission in this car is a real bonus with Dodson aftermarket clutches, a transmission cooler and temperature gauge. It has performed faultlessly on road and track and has never overheated. It has three gearbox modes, lightning fast changes and manual control as needed with the steering wheel paddles, plus its six gears make for closer ratio changes and better freeway cruising.

Price of these things isn’t easy to determine but $32k is a good enough starting point and of course I’m willing to negotiate. Whoever buys it will be very pleased. It’s a thrilling and fabulous car, been really well built, looked after properly and is in excellent condition. I’ve also bought another vehicle so I’m motivated to sell.

It's a 2012 CJ evolution MR... And asking price is 32k

I'm not going to be taking it to track or anything but just for work commute and random drives here and there.. I have next to no idea about mods so I don't understand half of that but always wanted an Evo... I currently drive a 2017 black edition lancer but just want an Evo.

Could I get some advice and opinions on this car

Thanks!
To do:
Change HU
Wrap bumper
Change headlight bulb
Change tail light
Sound deadening
Side skirt
Change rear bumper
Change logo colour
Get dual exhaust

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: Evo X 130000kms

Postby bumblebee » Wed May 06, 2020 5:19 pm

Sounds like a damn nice car
Still running the original battery is almost unheard of.
However when it does die replace it with an "optima" battery
Hunt around you can get them for about $300 and worth every penny.
Sounds like it has been well looked after and some decent $ spent on decent upgrade for it.
I would pop the rear seat when the fuel tank is close to empty and replace the fuel filter.
Sadly lots of mechanic don't do it as part of regular servicing and it makes a heck of a difference once replacement is done.
I am in the habit now of doing it yearly.
Pretty inexpensive and easy to do
However
If your not confident as you do get into the exposed fuel tank and accident can happen, get your mechanic to do it for you

simmic
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby simmic » Wed May 06, 2020 5:43 pm

Thanks for your reply, in regards to the pricing and KMs - I was hoping to find something under 100k KMs but with my budget being around 30k I'm guessing this would be a good deal?
To do:
Change HU
Wrap bumper
Change headlight bulb
Change tail light
Sound deadening
Side skirt
Change rear bumper
Change logo colour
Get dual exhaust

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed May 06, 2020 7:56 pm

Anything is worth what ever your willing to.pay for it

It has 130,000 Kay's on it which in reality isn't all that much

Has the logbook been filled out religiously at every service?

If your keen on it get RACQ or similar to do a full Mechanical check over it, about $100 or so for piece of mind

Have a look thru Redbook (google it) and see what $ similar cars sell for
This being a 2012 vehicle with 130,000 Kay's on it I expect it to be in very good Nick

See if they are negotiable on $

Find a few things around the house you don't need and sell it and use that $ to put towards the car

If you don't get this car, it's cool, it won't be the last one for sale for sure, there will be others

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby adamhumphrey » Fri May 08, 2020 4:48 pm

bumblebee wrote:Sounds like a damn nice car

I got almost 8 years out my stock Panasonic battery in my Evo. The only reason it died is cause it doesn't get driven much.
MY11 Evo X MR (2011-Current)
MY20 Asx GSR (2023-Current)

MY11 Peugoet 207 XT HDi (2020-Mar 2023)
MY09 Lancer Sportback VRX (2015-2019) - Sold Nov 2019
Owner Operator: - Adam's Attention to Detail. Mobile Detailing and Automotive Installations.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamsAttentionToDetail/

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Fri May 08, 2020 5:19 pm

Optima battery for me thanks

https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us/p ... &find=find

I can still remember some years ago in my Prado I got 8 years out if the battery in it
It was the bigger diesel battery not the smaller one for petrol motor in my petrol Prado

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:44 pm

What about the special holders you can buy, ben trying to work out which one is needed. I'm considering the D35 yellow top.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

adamhumphrey
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby adamhumphrey » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:57 am

bumblebee wrote:Sounds like a damn nice car
However when it does die replace it with an "optima" battery

I got over 8 years out of standard battery, the only reason it died was because I hardly was driving the car. The main reason I think it didn't die earlier was because of it being in the garage out of the extreme hot and extreme cold. Definitely sounds like a very nice car and great power. I would love to know how they added the intercooler waterspray on an mr.
MY11 Evo X MR (2011-Current)
MY20 Asx GSR (2023-Current)

MY11 Peugoet 207 XT HDi (2020-Mar 2023)
MY09 Lancer Sportback VRX (2015-2019) - Sold Nov 2019
Owner Operator: - Adam's Attention to Detail. Mobile Detailing and Automotive Installations.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamsAttentionToDetail/

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:45 am

I asked above but where is the best place to get the right carrier for the Optima D35?

Also which is the best Optima battery for the CJ, I only want the D35 because of the colour LOL

And while SCA supplies them and they the best place to save some money when getting this relatively expensive battery?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:34 am

Just because you post a question doesn't automatically mean you will get an answer or even a fast answer or a correct one either

Cheapest place in brushed is these guys for optima batteries

https://www.batterycentralbrisbane.com. ... batteries/

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:24 pm

I have the yellow top
You also can get the red top
From memory the red top has higher CCA output but you can't deep cycle the battery
However
The yellow top you can deep cycle the battery but it has lower CCA output.
I took the yellow top as it works well with a stereo that puts out more power then your motor

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”