***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Armrest 12v accessory wiring harness

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Armrest 12v accessory wiring harness

Postby Mooman » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:13 pm

I'm trying to install a 12v accessory socket in the armrest like on higher spec models. I've ordered and installed the box and socket for the console but where I'm stuck is running power to it.

I tried to order the wiring harness (8548A008) but it doesn't seem available easily, online was no luck (Mitsubishi parts warehouse) and local dealer doesn't have a stock code (see item 10 in picture below).

I've searched online for pictures of the harness or at least which plug it fits into under the cup holders but so far no luck either. I'm currently awaiting a wreckers response if it is obtainable.

If I had to self wire what would be the best option? Run it in parallel off the front socket or build up my own harness?

If building my own harness are the plugs easily obtainable (trying to avoid splicing wires) ie. could I get one at Supercheap auto or even cut one off from another part of a wrecked car?

If anyone has a photo of that wire harness it would help.

Thanks for any replies.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:57 pm

The easiest and best way is to splice it in near the hand brake where the wiring loom is. It's not hard to do. It will only take someone who knows what they are doing about 10 minutes

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Just run a cable back to the socket in the dash and splice the wires into that.
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:04 pm

That's what I ended up doing, splicing into the front socket with a wire sourced from the socket in a wrecked car.

After looking at circuit diagrams etc. It seems the harness is part of the seat heater circuit and my car was missing the 12v wire at the plug under the armrest anyway.

Works well and clears up the front from splitters and wires getting in the way of gear selector and handbrake.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:37 pm

I'll need to do something like this as I'm adding some US ports to the center, using the spot behind the gear change, hoping the wires are out of the way when traveling.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Electrical”