***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*UPDATE* Stuff flashing up on the dash and confused about it

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:51 am

The LED tail lights 99% of the time u can fit them ur self as they are just plug and play and have them fitted any more as i have my stock ones in which dont look to bad as my car is red so are my stock tail lights

The warranty group that mits go through here are called the Sliver service Assit group 1 (0-12yrs)

also i only have 285 to come up with to get it fixed as it is going to cost 100 to fit it

so my LED tail lights are for sale if any one wants them
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

Loki
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Loki » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:25 pm

kay christensen wrote:The warranty group that mits go through here are called the Sliver service Assit group 1 (0-12yrs)

I can find nothing about that warranty online. To save me searching, didn't you say that when you put the rear lights in they required resistors or something to be fitted also? If yes, who did that work?

If those wires were cut/rejoined and have not properly been taped/insulated there is a chance that might be causing the issues with your ETAC. The ETAC controls so much it is odd that it is only makes your boot pop and the hazard lights come on.

I ask this because if it is the wires that are causing the problems ... a new ETAC isn't going to fix the issue at all.
You know that you have really got to someone when they invest personal time into tracking you down all over the internet.

You know who you are :)

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:47 pm

mits went and looked at the wires when i took it in wednesday and the wires were fine and the restiors were not on there if it was the LED tail lights wouldnt it have happened after i put the stock ones back which was back in july? from july onwards i had issues with the car with the stock ones back in until after a hot day i think the 3rd of November is when it started playing up

baby gurl played up for them and her doors were trying to lock and unlock and her door lights were on wen car was shut and they traced it back to the ETACS and i asked them if this going to fix it if i pay this money for it which i am pretty close to getting
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker

(cj-red)

Loki
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Loki » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Ok, that is a clearer picture of what is going on.

Goodluck.
You know that you have really got to someone when they invest personal time into tracking you down all over the internet.

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:00 pm

^^
He makes a valid point, remove your taillights and have a look and see if you can find anything dodgy or not like it should be.

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:43 pm

i checked all wiring behind the lights look and feel fine

(cj-red)

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:22 pm

well picker her and so far no issues wit anything on the dash etc :D real test now is over night :D

(cj-red)

Loki
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Loki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:26 am

WELL?!

IS IT FIXED?! :shock:

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:52 am

@Loki YES IT IS NO MORE PROBLEMS

went and started her normally she would play up when i did

well at least people know the signs now for if there ETACS is about tot go

and know roughly how much it costs to fix

as it was getting really bad to the point that she turn her head lights on when they were in the full off postion as i have auto ones etc

(cj-red)

Loki
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Loki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:16 am

Did they give any indication as to what may have caused your ETAC to behave like this?

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:17 am

great news! :)
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:11 pm

@loki no it could have been anything

(cj-red)

Return to “Maintenance”