***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

VRX Manual vs CVT

Let Us Help You Decide What To Purchase.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:15 pm

First sorry for waking up this thread after 12 months...

Manual v Auto my old CC is a manual, never had an issue with it over 20 year and 260,000km very good car up to its limits easy gear change and it's happy to chug along in 5th at 60kmh. Yesterday took a short test drive in the CJ (fuel light was on) it was much the same as the CC as in when to change gears, have being happy at low RPMs but I did notice the clutch seems lighter, just something to get used to I guess.

Only autos I've driven recently are a 99 Pathfinder, not bad but slow getting up to speed given it's weight. And a new ST Pulsar sedan with CVT and I hate that one, no paddle shift and it always feels like the clutch is slipping. I know that's the GB doing it's thing but I just prefer the manual, if a cluch is slipping I want to be the one doing it LOL.

With the CJ it pulls nicely from low RPMs like I said but this one has the 2.4lt and an after market exhaust (which sounds fantastic) so could be different with just 2lt? Should be good in traffic trundling along, then drop down a gear or 2 for a quicker getaway.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Thinking of Buying a Lancer?”