***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

90k Service Question

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

User avatar
Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:39 pm
Location: Wolli Creek

90k Service Question

Postby Quixand » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi Guys

I'm just about due for my 90k service, I got quoted over $1k by Suttons Arncliffe.

Was hoping to pick the brains of the club as I am not that well oriented with servicing and just take my car in and let the dealership do their thing.

Is this quote reasonable for what the service entails? Does this fall in the average price range for this service based on the experiences of others here? If it is not and this quote is unreasonably restrictive do you have a recommendation for a dealership in Sydney that does good work and are open to negotiate a good price?

I've submitted a request to NRMA Motoserve as I am a member via my roadside assist but I am still waiting for a response from them.

Online
User avatar
Lancer1993
Genius
Genius
Posts: 4436
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:46 pm
Location: Caloundra
Contact:

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:02 pm

If you have the CVT then yes the 90k is an expensive one.

I'd get a few quotes though.

Weirdly I found out recently the Manual have the GB done later.
Image
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

User avatar
Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:39 pm
Location: Wolli Creek

Postby Quixand » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Yes I have a CVT. I actually already sent an email to the dealer in Granville, Liverpool and Kirrawee and to Mitsubishi themselves as they can quote and arrange it for you apparently.

Just hoping yo get a general idea of the price, if it is really that expensive then I will bite the bullet, but it also doesn't piggybacking off the experiences of others :)

User avatar
VRX_08
Genius
Genius
Posts: 8011
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 9:35 pm
Location: Northern Adelaide, South Australia

Postby VRX_08 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Sounds about right from what I have heard for the 90k service for a CVT Lancer! It is a major and the transmission oil aint cheap! Even for a manual i got quoted over $700 for a manual, although ended up costing about $525 when i picked it up!

Mitsubishi do slug a fortune for servicing compared to others unless you have capped price servicing! :)

burfadel
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:22 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Postby burfadel » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:53 pm

Go to this website:
https://www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au/

Select Mitsubishi, then Lancer (don't worry about the wide year range just yet), and your postcode. On the next page you then select the year, fuel type, transmission. A list will show of the engine options. Click Logbook service, select 90,000 km/72 months, enter an obvious dodgy name, contact number and email just for this look, and then click to show quotes.

Obviously not all service places will show, you will have to look through the list at the ones that look good and look up independent reviews etc. In any case, there are plenty of options for you. I did a quick look with your car and location. In the 'premium' list, not sure what that actually means, but you have a few places there. The minimum is $600, and the NRMA Motorserve is $667. On the normal list, it varies from $505 to $782. The $782 is a bit of an outlier though.

There should be some good options for you in that list. I would recommend you look up those places independently of the website though. Also it is just a guide, there are many more places obviously, some may even be better options than on that 'guide' list.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

User avatar
Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:39 pm
Location: Wolli Creek

Postby Quixand » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:07 am

Thanks Guys!

These are all very useful for me, I will definitely try this out and do a lot more researching about these service centers.

User avatar
dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution
Posts: 818
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:53 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: 90k Service Question

Postby dannyboi » Tue May 24, 2016 7:54 pm

How did you go with the servicing?

I'm due for the 90,000km service and also require an RMS Safety Check for the first time. Also located in Sydney.
I wasn't sure if NRMA Motorserve was the best for the logbook service but I'm open to options.

EDIT: Opted to go with NRMA Motorserve. Booked in for next Friday. Will see how it goes.

User avatar
CityCruiser
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Re:

Postby CityCruiser » Tue May 24, 2016 9:52 pm

burfadel wrote:Go to this website:
https://www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au/

Select Mitsubishi, then Lancer (don't worry about the wide year range just yet), and your postcode. On the next page you then select the year, fuel type, transmission. A list will show of the engine options. Click Logbook service, select 90,000 km/72 months, enter an obvious dodgy name, contact number and email just for this look, and then click to show quotes.

Obviously not all service places will show, you will have to look through the list at the ones that look good and look up independent reviews etc. In any case, there are plenty of options for you. I did a quick look with your car and location. In the 'premium' list, not sure what that actually means, but you have a few places there. The minimum is $600, and the NRMA Motorserve is $667. On the normal list, it varies from $505 to $782. The $782 is a bit of an outlier though.

There should be some good options for you in that list. I would recommend you look up those places independently of the website though. Also it is just a guide, there are many more places obviously, some may even be better options than on that 'guide' list.



I also went to the website and some can go as cheap as $600. Is the price from the web fixed and includes all parts and labor?
2012 Lancer ES CJ MY13
Automatic
81,000KM

User avatar
CityCruiser
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Re: 90k Service Question

Postby CityCruiser » Tue May 24, 2016 9:54 pm

dannyboi wrote:How did you go with the servicing?

I'm due for the 90,000km service and also require an RMS Safety Check for the first time. Also located in Sydney.
I wasn't sure if NRMA Motorserve was the best for the logbook service but I'm open to options.

EDIT: Opted to go with NRMA Motorserve. Booked in for next Friday. Will see how it goes.


Did you book via fixedpricecarservice.com.au or did you go NRMA directly? How much is it and how's the review?

Cheers.
2012 Lancer ES CJ MY13
Automatic
81,000KM

burfadel
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:22 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Re:

Postby burfadel » Wed May 25, 2016 6:18 am

CityCruiser wrote:
burfadel wrote:Go to this website:
https://www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au/

Select Mitsubishi, then Lancer (don't worry about the wide year range just yet), and your postcode. On the next page you then select the year, fuel type, transmission. A list will show of the engine options. Click Logbook service, select 90,000 km/72 months, enter an obvious dodgy name, contact number and email just for this look, and then click to show quotes.

Obviously not all service places will show, you will have to look through the list at the ones that look good and look up independent reviews etc. In any case, there are plenty of options for you. I did a quick look with your car and location. In the 'premium' list, not sure what that actually means, but you have a few places there. The minimum is $600, and the NRMA Motorserve is $667. On the normal list, it varies from $505 to $782. The $782 is a bit of an outlier though.

There should be some good options for you in that list. I would recommend you look up those places independently of the website though. Also it is just a guide, there are many more places obviously, some may even be better options than on that 'guide' list.



I also went to the website and some can go as cheap as $600. Is the price from the web fixed and includes all parts and labor?


I believe it does, yes. It's likely a little easier for you since I believe your car only requires CVTF-J1, but double check that as your car is from near when the changeover occurred. This info can be found in the manual, and at least on my oil dipstick it says CVTF-J4. For me the servicing cost also says as cheap as around $600, but that obviously isn't using the Mitsubishi (Nissan just bought a controlling interest in Mitsubishi within the last week or so) branded fluid.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

User avatar
dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution
Posts: 818
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:53 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: 90k Service Question

Postby dannyboi » Wed May 25, 2016 7:40 am

CityCruiser wrote:
dannyboi wrote:
Did you book via fixedpricecarservice.com.au or did you go NRMA directly? How much is it and how's the review?

Cheers.


I booked through the NRMA website. Not sure yet since it's happening Friday week.

I wasn't impressed at the service at a Mitsubishi dealer last year so figured I'd give NRMA a go.

basename409
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:02 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 90k Service Question

Postby basename409 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Need the 90k service for my MY11 Lancer ES in QLD in the next few months. Three nearest Mitsi dealerships have quote me around $1.1k at the moment.

Obviously it's cheaper from independents on fixedpriceservice.com.au but do they use the correct fluids/parts etc.

Anyone got any recommendations for independents around Brisbane for this service ?

User avatar
Dannn
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 90k Service Question

Postby Dannn » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:37 pm

basename409 wrote:Need the 90k service for my MY11 Lancer ES in QLD in the next few months. Three nearest Mitsi dealerships have quote me around $1.1k at the moment.

Obviously it's cheaper from independents on fixedpriceservice.com.au but do they use the correct fluids/parts etc.

Anyone got any recommendations for independents around Brisbane for this service ?

I know of a few good ones in Brendale.
Merlinised

basename409
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:02 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 90k Service Question

Postby basename409 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:01 am

could you post up their names/websites please

User avatar
Dannn
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 90k Service Question

Postby Dannn » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:15 am

Ak racing for one. They specialize in lancers etc.
Merlinised


Return to “Maintenance”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests