***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Which Fuel Brand is Best?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Where do you normally fuel up?

Woolworths/Caltex
30%
Coles/Shell
30%
BP
20%
Matilda/Puma
No votes
Other
20%
United
No votes

Total votes: 10

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Do wonder how hard it would be to slot an Outlander 4J12 into the CJ.

The only upside to the CJ not being significantly updated and no planned replacement is the value of our cars should hold out a bit longer as more people will be holding on to them or looking at buying a newer one but maybe not brand new.

Down side is it is an older design, fantastic back in 2007 when it first hit the street but is now a bit dated when it comes to economy and quality, this all at a time when some rivals are moving towards new engine designs like hybrid and electric.

Even Mitsubishi has a plug-in hybrid Outlander, something we'll never see in the Lancer, such a shame. Not that most here would be interested in a hybrid Lancer but they didn't even bother giving us the diesel option in this country which adds choice to the range and more customers.

But back to fuel brands and economy, around town I'm lucky to see mine drop below 10lt/100km unless I need to go down the hwy.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:34 pm

They don't even sell the Lancer in Japan any more, apart from the last EVO. Also they don't seem to sell it in the UK either. Might be the last hurrah for the Lancer this year.

In Japan they still have Mitsubishi Sedans, but they are more luxury focused. There is the Proudia and the Dignity. The Proudia is the 'cheaper' version. It's a car made in cooperation with Nissan. Not sure who actually builds it though, whether it be Mitsubishi or Nissan. The interesting part is that they started making it in 2012, the same time they updated the 4B11 for the Lancer.

Check out the Proudia (the less expensive version) design:

So a reasonable assumption would be that they simply aren't interested in the Lancer any more, and just keeping it as they have no viable replacement in the market (and they still sell a few in various markets).

Also Mitsubishi are supposedly introducing a new CUV between the ASX and Outlander that is more luxury, so it seems they are starting to target the more luxury market.

In terms of the 4J12 in the Lancer, it should actually fit, although you would probaby fit with some minor adjustments. The Outlander is just a stretched Lancer platform, and the Outlander did use the 4B11 and 4B12 before changing to the 4J11 and 4J12.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:28 pm

I've lost faith that we'll ever see a new Lancer but who knows maybe they will surprise us. The Mirage is too small for many and lost of people don't want a SUV even something like the ASX which in general cost more than the CJ.

BTW I'm not a fan of the Proudia, looks like someone pumped it up too much!

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:27 pm

My Evo X .....I have just driven from Newcastle to Broken Hill. The first half of the trip was on Shell 98 and consumption was around 9.5 per 100k.Second half was on BP 98 and consumption was just over 10 per 100 k. Same speed all the time....around 120 on cruise control.I'll give Caltex a try tomorrow travelling to Swan Hill in Victoria.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Just fueled up at Woolies with ULP, used around 11.5 lt/100km around town, not much hwy driving. Hope it does much better in May going to Adelaide.

Annoyingly given last time I fueled up I paid less than $1 per lt this time I paid 20% more :(

Return to “General Talk”