***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

QLD Road Rules

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

QLD Road Rules

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:27 am

So yesterday I was driving and went to turn at a corner I've used many times before when another driver cut me off. We didn't hit or anything, probably a good 10m separation.

Did this quick map of the intersection.

It's a main road so I feel I had right of way as he was at a stop sign crossing a busy 2 lane road, I got the the intersection just as he was about to cross the road so was stopped. I know it's a pain to cross there as I almost never use it, just easier to got the the near by roundabout and use it to get the the servers station. Which BTW he pulled into after cutting me off.

After what happened 2 months ago and the scary stuff on YouTube I've learnt to be more tolerant of stupid drivers.

So who has the right of way?
Am I the stupid driver this time?

FYI I do have video of the incident I can post later.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

ChrisRalliart09
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ChrisRalliart09 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:51 am

I'm not in Queensland but I'd say you were in the right as generally if their is no Island or marking for you to stop at the corner you have right of way.
BC Racing Coilovers, 3in Turbo back Exhaust, Merlin Tune.

Once you go black, your endlessly cleaning that.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:13 am

The ute is in the wrong! By the looks from the picture there is no island (cememt or painted) which means he has to give way! That is the case in Adelaide anyways! :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:55 am

The only island is down the middle of the road, there is no 'turn left when clear' sign or island at the corner.

And here is the video, unfortunately it doesn't show the drivers reaction. It was like WTF are you doing?

Right after I did a perfect parallel park between the 2 cars on the left.

yatza
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby yatza » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:13 pm

you had right of way for sure. likely if you hadnt slowed down and stopped he would have just followed you straight through. if its a hard road to cross (for whatever reason/heavy traffic) id probably do the same.
its not like either of you were going particularly fast.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:37 pm

Hard to cross largely depends on the time of day and what you're driving as a steady stream of traffic comes off the roundabout most of the day.

I was being cautious as I know how the street narrows, truck come out of there all the time and a lot of people leaving the servo don't look right for cars rounding the corner. Like I said I use the corner a lot so better to slow down for the idiots.

BTW I was only there to move the small truck you can see into it's over night parking spot, long story... basically had to leave the OP shop at lunch to do some stuff as they had no jobs but could not park the truck as the bay was busy in the middle of the day.

It pays to have a dash cam with so many idiots on the roads and people trying to rip you off with false insurance claims.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:54 pm

He was for sure in the wrong after watching your video, there is no island on the slip lane so he must give way!

Like Daniel said maybe he got sick of waiting, was the traffic heavy at that time or is just one of those roads that are hard to cross due to the traffic!

For sure you were in the right, if there was a cement or painted island on that corner between the turning lane and the straight on lane(s) then it would be a different story!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Not really heavy for 3:22pm and if you look at the vid, the first bit he is only just pulling up to the stop sign, so he hadn't been waiting more than a few seconds.

I agree if I had to cross a give way line then I would go 2nd.

Sometimes you just need to air on the side of caution and let them go, with a 6000plus km trip in May I'll probably see a lot of this crap.

Just hope I don't see this idiot in Adelaide.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYy2F0eLIWY[/youtube]

If you look the cars dash appears to be a CJ.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:Not really heavy for 3:22pm and if you look at the vid, the first bit he is only just pulling up to the stop sign, so he hadnt been waiting more than a few seconds. I agree if I had to cross a give way line then I would go 2nd. Sometimes you just need to air on the side of caution and let them go, with a 6000plus km trip in May Ill probably see a lot of this crap. Just hope I dont see this idiot in Adelaide. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYy2F0eLIWY[/youtube] If you look the cars dash appears to be a CJ.

Saw that the other day, when your check the rego of the car it actually does come back as Mitsubishi sedan so could be a CJ Lancer!

The cops are already in the process of looking for him especially since the video has gone viral, on the TV news too!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Yes can't have thugs on the loose betting up CJs in Adelaide!

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:40 am

Craig I had to remove your video due to the language however if you want to repost with no sound please do.
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Sorry about that, didn't realize the audio was that bad, I've edited it.
Let me know if you can spot the difference :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xj06Y8scQ[/youtube]

BTW I deleted the other one off YouTube.

Return to “General Talk”