***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Morons on the road

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Anhevius
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Anhevius » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:17 am

I've had a couple of idiots, but one that truly took the cake.

Driving down Heaslip Rd (90km straight shot), came up on an early 90's/late 80's Barina doing between 55kph and 60kph (couldn't maintain a set speed). Witnessed the vehicle break the line several times, swerving side to side, erratic motions, the works. For a former cop, that's an obvious pullover for potential DUI.

Fiance was in the passenger seat, I had her call it in, on speakerphone so I could give a report. Right as the call was about to end, he slammed his brakes on hard enough that his front end dove and the back end went as high as it can.

Since we had approached close enough to read the plates to the dispatcher, I was too close for anything other than ripping the e-brake and locking it up hard enough to almost guarantee damage to my car. Instead, I snapped to the other lane, and passed him. Informed the dispatcher, and requested they stay on the phone until a patrol was on scene.

Idiot suddenly blew by me at an easy 130kph (which honestly surprised me, I didn't think his rust bucket would do that). As soon as he was in front of me, he once more locked the brakes up, hard enough to produce friction smoke. This time though, he did it while straddling the line, disallowing me the opportunity to pass him on the road...so I took the shoulder, got back on pavement, and gave the VR all she was worth, the entire time we are still on the phone with the dispatcher.

We FINALLY got a patrol officer halfway down Womma Rd, near Andrews Rd. Little snot tried to say I should have just pulled over and waited. Let's go over the facts here. Other driver is erratic, showing signs of either being under the influence of alcohol or another narcotic, obvious signs of road rage and attempts to cause an accident, and I'm supposed to pull over with my fiance and hope he doesn't want to fight? Yeano.

Luckily enough, one of the more senior officers showed up as well, and actually had some common sense.

Sadly, this is not an uncommon thing. Heaslip seems to be the 'moron magnet' road for my area. Long stretch that's mostly straight, high speed limit, and a fair tick away from law enforcement usually.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:51 am

That's a lot like what happened Monday for me but I did admit there was contact at the lights before things went to hell. That's where the 'following too close' fine came from. Even though at one point I did stop to let the other car to drive off I wasn't about to have it out on the side of the busy 100kmh road and end up dead under a truck.

Lesson learn't in how quickly things like this can get out of control, best option is to take a breath, pull over when safe and clear your head.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:20 pm

I've got 10 minutes worth of idiots on dashcam. So i'm not gonna write it all here xD
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

Rowlesy6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Rowlesy6 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:11 pm

i get idiots every single time i drive be it a 5 min trip or a 2 hour trip....the thing that annoys the hell out of me lately is people that cant simply do the speed limit! they always sit 10 - 15 kms under :@
Last edited by Rowlesy6 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue 09 Ralliart
///// /////

(cj-blue) *rockon*
Current Mods
- K&N Filter
- Evo X BOV
- Lenso D1R Wheels
- Evo X Wing/Spoiler
Upcoming Mods
- Coilovers
- Exhaust

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:51 pm

IMO it's a case of be aware and just try and keep out of their way.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

tstorm1986
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby tstorm1986 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:37 pm

I had a nasty incident on the heaslip\womma round-about where some ass hat cut the corner on the inside lane when leaving the round about, forcing me to mount the kurb destroying a genuine ralliart carbon fiber splitter and GOUGING THE $HIT out of my rim. I flashed the ass hat, who slowed down then drove off. After i check the wheel and tyre wasn't destroyed i chased after him, flashed and signaled him to pull over but he kept on going. I took his plate # and the Called the 5 o. Unfortunaley my dash cam sd was full 5 mins before the incident so no evidence Cops couldnt do anything because WE didnt hit. So pissed.

Return to “General Talk”