***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Not a nice start to the day! - My first CJ crash.

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: Not a nice start to the day!

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:58 pm

I was told a RA rear will cost me $500, money I just don't have right now and quite frankly I'd prefer the EVO style anyway. So for now my rear is staying stock. Might look at an add-on diffuser later. Its only been a day but I want my CJ back :(
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:41 pm

You do realise you were rear ended so you are 100% in the right. The other drivers insurance has no right to tell you what you must do or accept. Know your rights before being pushed around by an insurance company.
If you want a ralliart rear bar then now is the time

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:57 pm

Yes but when a car is repaired under insurance the obligation is to return it to it's previous condition, so if I already had a RA rear and the insurance company knew about it fine. But adding options parts that cost more than the stock then you pay the difference.

As I said the rear camera was still working, just hope it's case or mountings are okay or they will need to chase up a new one. Not sure if the boot lid will need replacing, just depends if there is more damage than the dent, like it's bent and won't line up when they straiten the rear.

Hope to get an email with the details tomorrow.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:30 am

Lancer1993 wrote:Yes but when a car is repaired under insurance the obligation is to return it to it's previous condition, so if I already had a RA rear and the insurance company knew about it fine. But adding options parts that cost more than the stock then you pay the difference.

As I said the rear camera was still working, just hope it's case or mountings are okay or they will need to chase up a new one. Not sure if the boot lid will need replacing, just depends if there is more damage than the dent, like it's bent and won't line up when they straiten the rear.

Hope to get an email with the details tomorrow.

Because the other driver is at fault their insurance is paying for the damage. You do not have an agreement with their insurance company. You can just choose the cash payout and choose to leave it or fix it how you like.

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:35 pm

^
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:46 pm

I'm not 100% sure if its being done through my insurance or theirs, all I know is I'm not paying the excess and my rates are not going up as they were at fault. Still waiting on the details of the damage but the bumper is a small part, the fix of the rear panels you don't see will be the major cost. As I said I took it to someone I know who is a panel shop repairer and his guess is the repairs will be in the order of $2500. Either way I don't have the money for the additional cost of the RA/EVO rear at this point.

Stevie
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Stevie » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:53 pm

You can't fit an evo rear on your model mate. Unless you go aftermarket and they look kinda awful on stock lancers (IMO). Evo fender is much wider at the fenders AFAIK and yours will not line up without some serious body work. RA will fit no issue.

Can't help but say it, a blacked out evo with a yellow trim on the rear diffuser sounds real tasty in my mind lol...

Hope you get your ride back soon bud. I freak out about scratching my wheels, let alone someone hitting my baby. :(

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:34 am

I meant EVO style, I know there are only from 3rd parties. I just think the RA looks kinda boring like they took the stock bumper and added a diffuser. I just think the EVO style looks better with the number plate lower and between the exhausts.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:54 pm

So it will be Nov 8 before I get my baby back :(

Looked sad in the workshop today with the bumper off and they were taking the boot lid off.

Stevie
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Stevie » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:05 pm

If you're considering an aftermarket EVO Rear, the one that I've seen the best results from is a Taiwan make. Apparently direct bolt on with a near/perfect fitment. I think Bodykitskingdom have some from this supplier but you will have to contact them and ask about it if you plan to purchase it in the future. Another one would be mars performance but I don't think they as great as the Taiwan make. You'd best be checking them out in person before anything else if it's possible for you. I'd stay away from carmate.

At least your car will have that 'slightly' new feeling when you get it back!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Should have asked it they could start painting bits yellow start with the rear bad and boot then do other bits as I can afford them LOL

Sticking with the stock rear, parts have been ordered, right now it's been 2 days and I just want it back, 11 days to go :(

Stevie
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Stevie » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Can always modify in the future. :) Hope it all goes smooth for ya.

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:33 pm

Ralliart parts are not cheap, I would hope that if you were going to throw a diffuser on that you would at least debadge.

If you can't afford retail, you can try a wreckers... but there's no point if you don't have the money for more bling.
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:23 pm

So some progress updates,

Got a break down of the repairs and costs, all covered of course.... Almost $3400!

Getting the front bumper resprayed at the same time to fix some minor marks from earlier in the year, will cost be $250 so figured good time to get it sorted.

Should still be ready early next week, Tuesday is the ETA at the moment even with the extra work on the front.

Cool the with the AAMI app you can track the progress :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:19 pm

UPDATE - got some photos posted on my AAMI account page, my CJ looks sad and hurt even worse than when I left it last week.

Return to “General Talk”