***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Drive Belt Recall for 2008-2011 Lancers

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Sanlirra
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Sanlirra » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Has anyone else had a similar problem:
I rang my local dealer in early December to ensure my VRX was included in the recall, they asked for the VIN, said yes she needed the belt replacing and what not and said they would call me back when they parts came in.

6 weeks later, no call. So I went in to Mitsu to ask what was going on. Had to go through the VIN process again only to find that apparently the work had been claimed against my VRX's VIN already.... They traced it back and told me that a dealer in SA had 'copied' the details and that apparently the work had already been done on my car o.0 Now all the paper work has to be sorted out, and the other vehicle properly identified before the work can be done -.-

Soooo now we wait for another call.....

HEG51
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby HEG51 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:39 am

Lancer1993 wrote:For argument sake what happens if you have the car booked in and the dealer cant get the parts but in the mean time you suffer engine damage from the faulty parts? I can only assume Mitsubishi would pay for the repairs.

Yes well I did ask that same question when I called mitsu customer service. Their reply was "if you are worried then we suggest you dont drive the car until the recall is completed on your vehicle"

RyanMK wrote:Not too happy with the dealership near my place. Went in for my scheduled booking today only to be told that theyve ran out of the replacement parts needed. Apparently theres a shortage in South Australia till like the end of February? The part that annoyed me the most was that I was only informed about it after I went to the booking with my car. A simple phone call to inform me would help.

I have been booked in 4 times going back and forth and only get excuses when im standing in the service office as to why it hasnt been done.
AK Racing / Daz Division

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:48 pm

"if you are worried then we suggest you dont drive the car until the recall is completed on your vehicle"

rediculous, if u have an accident because they wont honour the safety recall they are to blame, not u.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:34 pm

I explicitly stated that i needed the parts to be reserved for my vehicle prior to arriving.
They did the work (replaced only serpentine belt, pulleys were within limits). It took the tech round 4 hours. Asked for typed up invoice was told that they had not processed it yet and that one will be mailed to me. almost 3 weeks and no mail. apart from that i had a positive experience.

I think its worth noting that all dealerships across the country are getting slammed doing all of this work suddenly however it is the service centers that have sound management and tech practices will shine above the rest.

whats the official club CJ rule for naming and shaming the service centers that are not up to customer standards?
also on positive feedback where applicable.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:33 pm

i`m for it, admin might not be, who knows till u try it?

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:43 pm

I do wonder if just a few weeks ago before Christmas when the recall became public knowledge if it was easier to get the work done, I booked in my VRX and it was done about a week later.

Guess the best part is the more they do the better they get.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Miss Wendy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Miss Wendy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:40 pm

My VIN is JMFSNCY4ACU000510 (Sedan). From what I have seen mine is within the recall numbers. Kloster Mitsubishi says its not. Can someone tell me what they think please.

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:52 pm

Miss Wendy wrote:My VIN is JMFSNCY4ACU000510 (Sedan). From what I have seen mine is within the recall numbers. Kloster Mitsubishi says its not. Can someone tell me what they think please.

If it's within the recall numbers then it has to be done. From the sounds of it they either have an error, or they're trying to dodge it. I'd push for it to be done.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:10 pm

a my12 might not be within the recall numbers, the thread states 08 to 011.

you`ll have to check with mitsu australia. its probably not if klosters say so though, they could be sued big time if u have an accident and they are proven to refuse a safety recall.

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:37 pm

If it is within the range given on the notice, it needs to be done. Try a different Mitsubishi and report Kloster... (double check your VIN is in the range as you don't want to falsely accuse a company)
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:46 pm

I got mine done back in December gave me no papper work at the end but can tell i have had the belt changed and they did do the pully too and have mentioned it to my brother as he drives a 07 MY08 CJ VR but is like oh i cant be bothered getting the VIN and mine wouldnt be on the recall list has i mine is perfect because it is a VR attitude when i mentioned it to him last year etc
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

Miss Wendy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Miss Wendy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Thanks for the information. :) I checked my rego papers and they state the Lancer is a 2011 model.

Miss Wendy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Miss Wendy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:47 am

Buggered if I know! I bought the Lancer in December 2012 and they said it had all the 2013 gear on it.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”