Carbon Wrap Trims

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Carbon Wrap Trims

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:33 pm

I'm like to add some carbon wrap to some interior parts and have noticed some pre-cut bits on eBay but they are quite expensive for sure a small bit of CFW.

Like this...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281080379787 ... EBIDX%3AIT

Does anyone have printable cutouts we can use to make out own from the CFW of our choice?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

r00tc4u53
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby r00tc4u53 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 pm

Don't see too much of an issue with the price, someone has taken the time to measure, cut and prototype this and then have them computer cut for accuracy etc to save people like us time and having to do all that and just be able to stick it on.

Buy a 5 metre roll of carbon fibre vinyl for $50 and wrap as many trims pieces as you want from scratch yourself. I'm sure there are printable cutouts available, but not for free, most likely belonging to people like the seller of this product that did it themselves also. Not everything in this world can be free or leeched off other people.

cadburyyum
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cadburyyum » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:36 am

like Carl said, buy a 5m roll and then take the interior bits off and wrap them yourself :)
2010 CJ ES. *biggrin1*
It's all between you and the car you build it's a bond, it's a commitment.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:42 am

One other option I was thinking was to get some tracing paper, use that to make a cut out. One of the bits I want to do if around the interior handle, which can't be removed.

Yeah I thought they might be hard to get a hold of.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Masochist
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Masochist » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:03 pm

The precut bits are OK, if you have a steady hand. Personally, I bought 1 bit of CF trim that was precut, (for the steering controls), and have since taken it off and ended up wrapping myself because it wasn't sitting straight.

As with Carl's suggestion, you can buy vinyl cheap, whether it be CF, Pearl, Matte, or whatever and wrap it yourself. Use some smaller bits first, with a few curves for practice, then move onto your bigger parts.

I will be posting a 'How To:' on dismantling the dash/door trims shortly for anyone that cares and is like me wanting to do the mods themselves.

Return to “Interior”