Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Numptee86
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

New member from South Brissie :)

Postby Numptee86 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:46 pm

Hey guys,

New member from Loganholme, just south of Brisbane.

Turning 30 at the end of the year, getting married just before that. As my first car I had a Ford Laser TX3....for those that know/knew them, its a 1.8L turbo AWD little box of fun. Loved that car but never had enough money to keep it going how it should have.

Since that car I've owned a few boring cars, but I'm finally in a position to get a fun car again.

Looking at a Ralliart...still a little way off but it will be a daily which I'd like to throw some extra stuff at to get the most out of. Looking forward to getting involved in the community...nice to see there are a fair few others from Brissie on here :)

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Welcome! :D

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:31 pm

(WTTC)
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

ChrisRalliart09
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ChrisRalliart09 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Welcome, Ralliart is far from a bad daily. Do a few mods can gets you to work nice n quick.
BC Racing Coilovers, 3in Turbo back Exhaust, Merlin Tune.

Once you go black, your endlessly cleaning that.

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:38 am

Welcome Andrew!
The RA is a top choice and a lot of fun for a daily (I just about live in mine for work) and other fun too. If your intending to by second hand speak to a few of us and get some ideas on what to look and listen for, the SST is great but can sometimes have issues.

You might see my blue beast down your way Occassionly, hard to miss her with lights, exhaust, carbon wing, wheels done
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Numptee86
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Numptee86 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! :)

I'm 99% sold on the Ralliart....an XR5 or ST are the other options but are a bit....mmm, I love manual, but neither of them get me in the looks department.

And thanks for the offers of advice, I remember when the first Ralliarts came out there were talks of SST issues, but that seems par for the course when new tech comes out and has some teething issues. Will definitely be picking your brains on what to look out for.

IDEALLY, I'm hoping to get a 2012+ with 40,000kms or less...will be as good as a new car to me!

I'm guessing there has been some update on gearboxes at some point since their first release, so going for a newer model should reduce chances of issues (other than previous owner's treatment of it and the chance of just getting a dud).

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Welcome to Clubcj.

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:07 pm

welcome to the club
K+N drop in
RA intake
SS 4-2-1 Headers
Whiteline Strut Brace
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
SuperPro Polyurethane Bushings
Paddle Shifters

Merlinised

Numptee86
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Numptee86 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys :) Looking like I might be getting a ralliart pretty soon... heading to the bank tomorrow to get a loan :) I'm looking at ones that are less than 30k on the clock...

For those that have one, what would you think is a 'better' thing to reach for...the centre console screen, or leather seats?

Theres one pretty close to where i live in dark red (not a preferred colour, but still good) with sat nav but not leather, or theres ones all the way down in south australia (blue) with no sat nav but leather...

...i dont really want to travel interstate to get one, but im planning on having this car for quite a while and doing a bit of work to it, so i want to make sure whichever one i get is as close to new as possible

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:53 pm

welcome :D
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:45 pm

(WTTC)
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

Numptee86
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Numptee86 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Getting fairly close to going to pick up an RA. Going to test drive one tomorrow just to make sure I like how they drive, then flying interstate in the next week or two to buy a super low kms one...pretty excited!

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Have fun on the road trip home, how far are you gonna have to drive?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Numptee86
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Numptee86 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:22 pm

About 2000kms, I don't mind a good road trip and my fiance is coming for the adventure so we can share the drive. Took a 2008 ralliart for a drive this arvo to see what they are generally like...was absolutely loving it til the gearbox lost 2nd, 4th and 6th gears...was a repaired car and it looked like it might have had a hard life...hasn't put me off, the one I'm looking at is a 2012 so hopefully newer than any potential dodgy gearboxes in early gen cars?

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”