Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

miss_hendo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Hi new member from SA

Postby miss_hendo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Lisa

I don't own a CJ Lancer, but I hope to own one soon. I'm still in early stages of researching and learning about this model, and very much appreciate all the knowledge that I might be able to tap into on this forum.

I currently own a 2006 Ralliart Colt, 1993 imported CC GSR and n/a CG Lancer which I was supposed to sell after I bought the Colt. The Colt has been very fun and super economic, but the regular 5,000k servicing isnt practical as I'm travelling approx. 1300ks a fortnight and servicing then about every 2months #turbolife

CJ Lancer seems to be a nice practical compromise, and the servicing intervals would suit me well. I haven't test driven one yet, and am interested to see/read about the power differences between the 2l vs 2.4l.

Likely if/when I get one I will set it up for hills, and modify to make some minor power gains.

Thanks for having me :)

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:49 pm

(WTTC)
I'm looking at getting a RA colt for a daily, what are you doing with yours ?
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713
4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else
ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Welcome to the club.
The new lancer is even easier than before to service. and there are lots of how-to's and DIY guides on here that can make it even cheaper.

miss_hendo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby miss_hendo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Hey Dion, thanks for the welcome. I'm looking at selling the colt soon.

D
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby D » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:35 pm

miss_hendo wrote:Hey Dion, thanks for the welcome. Im looking at selling the colt soon.

Ok cool, I'll keep an eye out, if it has the recaros I may be very interested
My EVO (X MR) progress: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=328713#328713

4 cylinders, 3 diamonds, 2 litre, 1 turbo, 0 reasons to buy anything else

ROTM WINNER SEPT 2014

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:38 pm

Welcome, nice to see another Adelaide member, where abouts in Adelaide you from? :D

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:41 pm

I have owned both a manual 2 litre and a manual 2.4 both in VRX's! The 2 litre has quite a good amount of guts, the 2.4 litre does get up and go abit more, both are good cars though!

Viking
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Viking » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:29 am

*waves*

Hi there, and welcome to the club.

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Welcome to the club!
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

miss_hendo
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby miss_hendo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

D wrote:[quote:c8681057d7=miss_hendo]Hey Dion, thanks for the welcome. Im looking at selling the colt soon.[/quote:c8681057d7] Ok cool, Ill keep an eye out, if it has the recaros I may be very interested

It does have the recaros :)

VRX_08 wrote:Welcome, nice to see another Adelaide member, where abouts in Adelaide you from? :D

I am from Mt Pleasant area, but travel down Pt Adel way everyday for work.

VRX_08 wrote:I have owned both a manual 2 litre and a manual 2.4 both in VRXs! The 2 litre has quite a good amount of guts, the 2.4 litre does get up and go abit more, both are good cars though!

Excellent! How do you find the fuel economy between the two?

As long as they’re both faster than my auto 2l CG Lancer (65kw atw woo!) I think I’ll be very satisfied. Oh and as long as I can overtake uphill with the air con on lol. Both CJ engine variants would beat it easily haha. I went on a Club CJ cruise a few years ago and I struggled to keep up!
EDIT: Found the N/A Dyno sheet thread :twisted:

I was anticipating doing some reading/research to find this out, but I’m curious to know if both engines respond well to the beginner mods like exhaust / tb / air filter upgrades? Or if you need to flash your ECU to get noticeable power gains?
Hopefully they don't respond similarly to the Rcolt... you couldn’t change the exhaust without it going into limp mode lol
Last edited by miss_hendo on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxibon
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Maxibon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Welcome,

I'm also a recent Adelaide member.

Not sure if it helps but I get about 450Kms to a tank in my CJ Ralliart 2.0L Turbo and I drive it from Balhannah to Port Adelaide for work everyday.
Thanks.

Maxibon.
Build Thread - http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=17811

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:17 pm

I get around 700kms a tank with normal driving. 2.0L CVT

You will need to tune it if you want to see any real benefits as everything is controlled by the ECU.
a good quality panel filter. Ralliart snorkel and adjusting the plastic air intake ramp can yield a little.
A good exhaust can do a bit also you can get quite a bit from the weight reduction and also if you decide to get a smaller cat.

The main gain in tuning is increasing MIVEC on both exhaust and intake throughout the power band.
speak to either Merlin or Beeble for tuning.

Jason-VR
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Jason-VR » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi Lisa welcome to the club. You are definitely better off with the cvt auto as you should get about another 50 kilometres per tank as it's better geared for the highway and less revs for your engine.

What model are you planning to get?
I would add a few extras to a lancer in your position like thicker sway bars to improve handling around the hills and paddle shifts area must to give you that little more control around the hills like chain of ponds.
A few engine mods to open up the exhaust and intake will open the engine up and a suitable tune should see a noticeable difference.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Yeah it's really tempting to take to the red line with a manual, not that you want to do that all day but it will chew through the fuel quicker. Personally I prefer a manual, except for the RA which I'd chose in a heart beat if I had the money.

I do agree if you go for the auto get the paddle shifts for that added flexibility when you want more control. In case it has not been said before you can add them to the CVT if you find one without them.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:45 pm

miss_hendo wrote:Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! [quote:a7495c702c=D][quote:c8681057d7=miss_hendo]Hey Dion, thanks for the welcome. Im looking at selling the colt soon.[/quote:c8681057d7] Ok cool, Ill keep an eye out, if it has the recaros I may be very interested[/quote:a7495c702c] It does have the recaros :) [quote:a7495c702c=VRX_08]Welcome, nice to see another Adelaide member, where abouts in Adelaide you from? :D[/quote:a7495c702c] I am from Mt Pleasant area, but travel down Pt Adel way everyday for work. [quote:a7495c702c=VRX_08]I have owned both a manual 2 litre and a manual 2.4 both in VRXs! The 2 litre has quite a good amount of guts, the 2.4 litre does get up and go abit more, both are good cars though![/quote:a7495c702c] Excellent! How do you find the fuel economy between the two? As long as they’re both faster than my auto 2l CG Lancer (65kw atw woo!) I think I’ll be very satisfied. Oh and as long as I can overtake uphill with the air con on lol. Both CJ engine variants would beat it easily haha. I went on a Club CJ cruise a few years ago and I struggled to keep up! EDIT: Found the N/A Dyno sheet thread :twisted: I was anticipating doing some reading/research to find this out, but I’m curious to know if both engines respond well to the beginner mods like exhaust / tb / air filter upgrades? Or if you need to flash your ECU to get noticeable power gains? Hopefully they dont respond similarly to the Rcolt... you couldn’t change the exhaust without it going into limp mode lol

I don't really notice much difference in fuel economy between the 2 and 2.4 L manuals, my current 2.4L gives me about the same readings as the old 2 litre and get around about the same kilometres per tank! Just a little extra power that's about all I notice!

Mt Pleasant nice, I ain't too far away in the Gawler area! :D

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”