New member here, need help?

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

luke_1993
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

New member here, need help?

Postby luke_1993 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Hey everyone, I need some help on which cj lancer to get.
Im tossing up between the es and vr...the vrx is a bit out of my price range. Now my question is...which one should i get?? Im leaning more towards the vr because of the fog lights and volume controls on the steering wheel etc..!

Any help would be appreciated guys and gals :)

Berek
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Berek » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Welcome.
Get the most you can afford in the beginning. Save you always wanting to spend. Or wait a while longer for that bargain VRX to appear :-)
EOI. 2008 MY09 VRX Front bumper complete. Foggies, pods, grille, badge.

RokEvoX
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby RokEvoX » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 am

Welcome :)

As Berek mentioned work with your budget, or if you're really set on wanting a VRX just hold off a little bit longer (save some more) or wait for a good deal to come up that fits your budget

trangoEiger
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby trangoEiger » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:50 am

Welcome!

What year model do you have in mind? The 2015 ES Sport has all the control on the steering wheel already. Volume, Mode selection, Bluetooth voice activation, call answering/rejection buttons, Cruise control, etc.
The fog lights, you can get one from the dealer and ask them to install it. Or install it yourself (if you know how) then ask the dealer to set the computer for the fog light.

Unless you want the VRX, a waiting time for your budget then is in order. :)
cheers.

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:00 pm

Not sure if you read the entire thing... But he's talking about an older lancer not brand new
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:18 pm

I would go the VR as it has some nicer features like side skirts, climate control, lip apoiler etc. Although you can buy an ES and fit alot of things yourself as everything with the CJ Lancer is plug and play!

Really depends on the price difference between the ES and VR and what features you want I guess! :)

trangoEiger
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby trangoEiger » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Mystique wrote:Not sure if you read the entire thing... But he's talking about an older lancer not brand new

Hi tiff, sorry, below is the one i read from Luke's thread and no other pages that's why I asked what year model. no worries, though. cheers.

luke_1993 wrote:Hey everyone, I need some help on which cj lancer to get. Im tossing up between the es and vr...the vrx is a bit out of my price range. Now my question is...which one should i get?? Im leaning more towards the vr because of the fog lights and volume controls on the steering wheel etc..! Any help would be appreciated guys and gals :)

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:09 pm

If you can find a VRX cheap enough I would definitely consider that, otherwise I would highly recommend the VR :) the ES is pure stock, hubcaps etc, not even sure if that has cruise control :/

But goodluck!
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

stratman04
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby stratman04 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Mystique wrote:If you can find a VRX cheap enough I would definitely consider that, otherwise I would highly recommend the VR :) the ES is pure stock, hubcaps etc, not even sure if that has cruise control :/ But goodluck!

I believe it depends on the year maybe (the earlier ones might not have had CC), but i bought an ES new (MY14) and it has cruise control. Also has steering wheel buttons. Even though the base ES doesn't come with skirts/spoiler, the dealerships will try and add to their sale, so alot of the ESs will still have skirts/spoiler on them - i had them both put on before delivery. Mine also came with alloys. the dealers also put accessories and things on when they are trying to run out old stock to make them more appealing :) good way to get the extras a bit cheaper

Really just depends on the person that bought it.

stratman04
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby stratman04 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:20 pm

I know that feel! Wish i waited a little longer and got the vrx instead... But still love my es

stratman04
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby stratman04 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:20 pm

I know that feel! Wish i waited a little longer and got the vrx instead... But still love my es

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Right from the start when I decided to upgrade from my CC Lancer I knew I wanted the VRX. More up to date with more toys than the other models for a 09' model without going to a RA or EVO.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”