Another new Adelaide member!

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Heya! Welcome to the club.
Our next cruise is a south one at the end of this month.
A few of our SA members have earthing kits, I have no idea about them so no help, but there's plenty of people on here to help out :)
Enjoy!
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

xCeazy
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby xCeazy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Welcome! :D
Fraser Coast, Queensland.

Haza92
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Haza92 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:53 pm

welcome from para hills :)

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:49 pm

hey welcome man .... :D
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:58 pm

I'm surprised nobody commented on my exhaust question! Yes, it is a basic question :).

I'm thinking of leaving the stock resonators and maybe going 2.5 inch just for the muffler and attached pipe. I don't believe changing the resonators over will gain power, just change noise. I want a nicer sound without being loud or droney hence the Berklee PEX which I've found have been great before. They're probably too quiet for most people on here, but you still get the gain.

I was thinking 2.5 inches for the muffler to reduce back pressure a bit further. This shouldn't affect the power curve too much since it retains the stock cat, piping and resonators. I guess if I were feeling gain I could go 3, but that would require some fancier pipework by the exhaust shop. If doing a full system I'd keep it at 2 inches on the 2.0 litre. I believe the added advantage of the 2.5 inch muffler (if the exhaust place is willing to make up the piping for it) is that I'd probably get a bit deeper, cleaner sound. I've heard several Lancers with different exhaust systems on them, some brand name, some custom, and whilst they're loud it's all they are. Some sound like someone flatulating loudly into a tin can, some a bit metallic, and a custom one I have heard that actually sounded nice and deep tended to drone a bit on the highway or going up anything more than a slight slope.

I was contemplating doing a full cat back in 2 or 2.25, deleting one resonator and putting on a decent second one, but I doubt whether that would give any worthwhile gains.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:19 pm

burfadel wrote:Im surprised nobody commented on my exhaust question! Yes, it is a basic question :). Im thinking of leaving the stock resonators and maybe going 2.5 inch just for the muffler and attached pipe. I dont believe changing the resonators over will gain power, just change noise. I want a nicer sound without being loud or droney hence the Berklee PEX which Ive found have been great before. Theyre probably too quiet for most people on here, but you still get the gain. I was thinking 2.5 inches for the muffler to reduce back pressure a bit further. This shouldnt affect the power curve too much since it retains the stock cat, piping and resonators. I guess if I were feeling gain I could go 3, but that would require some fancier pipework by the exhaust shop. If doing a full system Id keep it at 2 inches on the 2.0 litre. I believe the added advantage of the 2.5 inch muffler (if the exhaust place is willing to make up the piping for it) is that Id probably get a bit deeper, cleaner sound. Ive heard several Lancers with different exhaust systems on them, some brand name, some custom, and whilst theyre loud its all they are. Some sound like someone flatulating loudly into a tin can, some a bit metallic, and a custom one I have heard that actually sounded nice and deep tended to drone a bit on the highway or going up anything more than a slight slope. I was contemplating doing a full cat back in 2 or 2.25, deleting one resonator and putting on a decent second one, but I doubt whether that would give any worthwhile gains.

u can only go 2.25 on the CJ ... and honestly you don't need to go any bigger ... remove the resonators and place one muffler and u will have a really sweet noise thats not unbearable :)
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup

2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Haza92
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Haza92 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:36 pm

I've got a hi flow cat and a single ressy. Sounds mint

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:40 pm

Nice :). I realise about the back pressure issue, however I was thinking just having the muffler and the short bit of pipe between the muffler and the last resonator at 2.5 inches. The exhaust layout is the new one, so the exhaust runs pretty straight along the length of the car and the muffler is in the normal sport for any typical car (it doesn't have the older horizontal type muffler).

Would there be any difficulty in doing the 2.5 inch? Or is it just because of the reduced back pressure? I was thinking with the rest of the system stock it shouldn't create too low of a back pressure, and maybe produce a deeper note. I realise in a typical scenario where people replace the stock with a catback or even replacing the cat where 2.25 inches would be max, I just thought I'd be different and that basically just for the muffler it wouldn't create the power curve issues :).

I hope that makes sense!
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:51 am

The muffler place should know best.

With my old CC Lancer everyone was telling me to get a 2.5" catback but the muffler place said no more than 2" would be better and they were right. Sounded great and had no lack of low down power/torque. Plus it just felt like it wanted to rev harder.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”