***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Tadz0rz Dynamat Video Review (SUBWOOFAAA)

All Lancer Related Videos & Automotive Reviews.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Tadz0rz Dynamat Video Review (SUBWOOFAAA)

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:08 pm

Okay so in the recent weeks theres been alot of hoopla about the gains of dynamat and how much road noise reduction and whatever else. So, i thought id post up a little comparison.. :twisted: :twisted:

Leevin and I split a Dynamat Bulk Pack. And my half went in my boot. I could of applied mine alot better than I did, but, when you see my video, you will see the improvements that Dynamat can give you.

As many know, i have 2 whoping great subs in my boot. And what does that equal? A pants load of vibration. My video will show a comparison between Before Dynamat, and After Dynamat. I could have applied mine better, and if i did, the vibration will have only gone down more. But if you watch the video, the difference is ENORMOUS.

Some people may not have massive stereo's like me, but wish to reduce road noise, or perhaps just improve on the current system they have in their car whether it would be the rockford, or any other sort of aftermarket system.
The road noise is reduced greatly. Only thing is, you start to hear the front more. Kinda obvious but you dont really think of it when your installing it. I sat in the back of my car the other day while my mum took it for a drive, almost dead in the back. If i had one more sheet of dynamat, i could of covered the other side of the wheel wells and that would have gotten rid of the noise.

So for anyone considering Dynamat, or any sound deadening for that matter. This video is a must see.

Tadz0rz Dynamat Comparison Review

Comments? =D
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Nice one Tadz. Those speakers are bloody epic - whats the full system you've got in?

Amp, speakers, subs, tweeters? Brands? Headunit?

spareparts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby spareparts » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:48 pm

wow didnt think it did that much
the voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas :D:D
..... If streets could talk they would Beg For Mercy!!! 151.6kw & 330nm @ all 4 paws .....

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:04 pm

Is that the same song? At the same volume on the same settings?

I'm sounding like a scientist here, but you should emiminate all variables except what you are comparing...

So get your hands on that first song again haha

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:20 pm

haha the video at the start with the figurine falling off made me LOL but i was sad u didn't put gumby (or a substitute) on in the 2nd half!

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:26 pm

@ Jace

Hahaha, i totally should have!!

I totally forgot about this thread so ill answer a few of those questions...

@ Joshy!!

My setup is...

Kicker KS600 rear speakers
Kicker KS602 Front Speakers with Splits
Kicker ZX400.1 Mono block amplifier
Kicker 8ga Wiring Kit
Kicker Comp Subwoofers
Scocshe Dash Kit and Wiring Harness
Pioneer DEH6050UB Headunit

@ Adro!

Dont be anal adrian :P:P, I didnt even think about making the comparison when making the video, I was originally just going to upload the second video in the review then i realised, oh yeah i dynamatted the boot, ill make a video to comapare the 2 lol

Once the car is all back together ill make another video using the same song. That will provide a better understanding of the difference xD

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:47 pm

I can attest to Tadz comparison video.. this is the exact reason I did mine and after initially seeing the video, I was convinced.

It makes all the difference, I don't get hardly any external noise or vibrations with the Dynamat in the car. People open the doors and can go from very low external sounds about 70db and then be blasted with 110db (although I never play it that loud... its just possible).

(I can only check up to 110db with my iPhone.. unsure if it actually goes louder).

Nice work Tadz!

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:55 pm

It really does work wonders

I had to run around without the subs the other day, and just deal with door bass...

Ive had the subs since like the first week i got my car, that entire time ive never listened to my door speakers without the subwoofers for an extended amount of time...

If anyone has looked at my other videos, theres a video on there with my subs shaking the spinner thing that hands off my mirror....My door bass can shake that spinner aswell.

Was quite suprised...but made me realise....I NEED DYNAMAT IN MY DOORS!! ROFL

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:58 pm

Surely shake the mirror off one day!

I did my doors, under rear seat, rear floor.... just need to do under front seats and would be nice to do under the headlining.

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:37 pm

I just finished Dynamating my doors ... My fingers are all cut to shreds from foil edges, but I can't believe the difference it makes ... probably the best $200 you can spend on car stereo stuff. Seriously can't believe how good the rubbish paper 15W speakers sound :)
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

tryg
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby tryg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Well done Draevon! Its seriously good stuff.. and now your car will be unnaturally quiet on the road too... how much of the interior is done now?

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:38 pm

Soon as my excess is paid, and have a little to spare, more money is going on dynamat for my doors and floor.

Realllyyyy need to do it, my road noise (even though its alot less than when i had the 19") is starting to annoy me.

Return to “Videos & Reviews”