***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

**CLOSED** The X-Factordesign.com Design Comp - final 5

ClubCJ Prize Cupboard! Enter to Win Free Stuff! for Your Lancer.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:22 am

final submissions close at midnight edst. :-)

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:48 am

im putting mine in when i get home this arvo. so dont close it yet lol i still think 1 week was not enough
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:53 am

oh come on you had plenty of time! i was even away for a few days.

lol, all good. cant wait to see your final design.

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:14 pm

ok mine is done now all hand draw lol.
it has heaps of writing on it so i probably wont really type much about it lol. just need to scan it and post it.
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 pm

(in the rear view, those bars are not in the lights lol. just the way i drew it)

development cost i wouldn't thing would be a great deal i could get probably get one custom built on my own for not alot over $1000 as a once off thing. after initial proper design phase i wouldn't think the cost of making this in bulk/ as a product, wouldn't be much. all parts and mechanics and electrical would be fairly cheap. if using aluminum as the supports it would not add alot of weight to the car. and plastics or fiberglass for the spoiler also reasonably light.

how the first supports design works is the pneumatic pistons, or a pumatic raise and a spring return. so in the tube from the bottom a piston pushes up the tube pushing a bar upwards that has the spoiler attached, its made so that the bar cannot come completely out/pull out from wind. the top of both bars is connected to a rotatable pin connected to the spoiler so the spoiler can tilt freely as the pistons raise and the set height piston also. the tubes that have the pistons enclosed inside are raised by a set of bars that articulate up. then the pistons raise the rest

if piston is attached then a reverse action will be needed to lower the spoiler.

or the use of springs to bring the spoiler back down as the pressure is released from the pistons..

to hook up the electricals would be fairly simple, just having its own small control module to control both pneumatic pumps (small ones) for each side and the motors/motor for the articulating bars. will be controlled by a switch in dash.

hows its set in the boot, the boot would have to be cutout and a fiberglass inset put in to hold everything in. and maybe metal straps welded to the original boot to strengthen the inset.(not necessarily the manufactures job to get done(the cutting) only the inset piece. cutting would be part of installation. would add extra cost on buyer but, that is the same for most major installations.

in my opinion if you made this i would buy it cause it is pretty dam awesome, as would any other person that doesn't have to money to spend a load on a supercar to get a retractable spoiler.

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 pm

****** Competition CLOSED ******
Stand By for an Announcement from SIR-VRX.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Sorry Blakey, you just missed out on the deadline :lol: 7 minutes over!!

Nah,all good. I'll let it past :P

Thread locked.

--

Ozie has given me the reigns for this as he has had to go away for a few days for business. So I will be entering discussion with Ozie, Shadows and the other 5 judges and the outcome will be announced one a decision is made.

Thanks to all for entering, your ideas all came out great!

Return to “Competitions”