***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Work Boot Advice

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Work Boot Advice

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:05 pm

So got some new work boots yesterday and being size 13 it doesn't leave much room in the CJ.

I got them at Lowes on a clearance price (less than $50) but I might need to get something else. Before I had (still got) some ones from Kmart, Jackaroo work boot which looks more like a hightop sneaker but they are wearing out and Kmart doesn't have anything similar. Check all the usual stores like Rivers, BigW, Target, Totally Workwear, Hip Pocket and even Bunnings but they either want the Earth for them or they have nothing I like or nothing in my size (Kmart).

Can anyone recommend a store (online or local) on the Sunshine coast I might have missed.

Looking at spending about $100.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Sam101
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Re: Work Boot Advice

Postby Sam101 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:So got some new work boots yesterday and being size 13 it doesn't leave much room in the CJ.

I got them at Lowes on a clearance price (less than $50) but I might need to get something else. Before I had (still got) some ones from Kmart, Jackaroo work boot which looks more like a hightop sneaker but they are wearing out and Kmart doesn't have anything similar. Check all the usual stores like Rivers, BigW, Target, Totally Workwear, Hip Pocket and even Bunnings but they either want the Earth for them or they have nothing I like or nothing in my size (Kmart).

Can anyone recommend a store (online or local) on the Sunshine coast I might have missed.

Looking at spending about $100.

Take off the work boot when driving? When I attend weddings and go in my car, I take off those long sleek wedding dress shoes for the foot pedals and put it on the other side passenger foot well.

Edit: my friends who are women also do this with high heels etc.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:07 am

Absolutely remove the work boots when driving. Change in to some runners instead.
In Queensland it is perfectly legal to drive bare foot as well. Infact I prefer to drive bare foot.
As for boot suggestions have a look for "blue Steel" I found them to be extremely comfortable and reasonable priced
If they are a work boot , keep the receipt and claim it back on next year tax return.

Zephos
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Zephos » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:10 am

I know you already checked Bunnings but I bought some Hard Yakkas (incredibly comfy from day one) on sale for $130, and my employer reimbursed me for $100. You might me in the same boat?
I can vouch for Steel Blues as well - lasted me years, super comfortable and great value for money.
MY09 Aspire - Sold
MY10 Ralliart - 183kw :twisted:

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Steel blue
That's the ones
Great value
Super comfortable

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Yeah I'll probably slip on my sneakers next time, you just have no feel with them on. No issue driving the small truck which is the whole point of wearing them. But these new ones need breaking in as my feet were hurting today, might have to use my old ones tomorrow.

I don't mind paying for good shoes, its like buying good parts for your car, some things you can do on the cheap but not when it comes to your feet.

I'll check out the Hard Yakka ones and Steel Blue. Thanks.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Wear the near shoes/boots at home to help break them in.

Before you bought them did you get your foot measurements checked ?
Did you buy the right sized shoe?
Or did you buy the same size shoe you have been buying for years "cos I'm always that size?"

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:07 pm

I tried them on and they fit but they were on clearance so there wasn't much choice in sizes.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:10 pm

Dont wear work boots would be my advice. I always leave my work boots at work or in the boot and wear clean sneakers that are more comfortable and easier to drive with

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:18 pm

I've got some old sneakers which have smooth soles they are that worn, still enough grip on the peddles and you get that feel you want when driving, just some cheap old Dunlops I got from BigW years ago. Only reason I don't wear them much is they have started to split, so got some newer ones. Again Dunlops with a thin sole.

Was actually considering some 'racing' boots I saw online, not sue about the mocking when you stop for fuel on a road trip LOL

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Just buy more Dunlop volleys or something simple with Velcro to put on and off quickly

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:11 pm

Get someone else to drive while.yoy kick back and relax and enjoy the air conditioning

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Went to a work wear shop today and tried on some King Gee's, very nice but 3 times the cost of the others I got.
Still think they could be the ones to get...
https://www.totallyworkwear.com.au/work ... wheat.html

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:47 pm

I've got the steel blue high tops like the king gees for work (needed the penetration resistance tick) but also a pair of Oliver slip ons, the steel blue comfier to wear all day, both are comfy to drive in, but I'm only a size 10 and my commute is a whole 10 minutes, on weekends I'm barefoot tuck the jandals up under the seat :D
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:45 pm

Got some of the King Gee's Friday, wore them for a bit and they are better, big test is tomorrow when I'll have them on for some 8 hours!

Return to “General Talk”