***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Lost!!

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

CoopsCJ
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Lost!!

Postby CoopsCJ » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Hey guys, I’ve looked everywhere and not really sure where to post... need ALOT of help..... someone (won’t point fingers) killed my baby.... so she’s sitting “idle” waiting for a new engine.... well waiting for it to go in.... can anyone point me in the direction of a good video or even just instructions to give us an idea of how to go about this?! Both me and my partner tinker he fixes his bike and stuff dad has done his own car projects but just I guess if there’s anything, we should know before starting this job!

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Re: Lost!!

Postby lancerdarryl » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:32 pm

Big job! It’s not the sort of job you would want to attempt at home unless you have the right gear. Not trying to be critical but you don’t sound as if you have any idea what is involved. You can buy a workshop manual on CD from eBay. Maybe get one and have a read through it.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:29 am

I did an engine swap once, in my old Primera, not as technical as the 4B11 engine (was just a trusty old SR20) and that took nearly 24hrs straight before we had all the gremlins ironed out and the car running again, I dread to think what is involved in a far more electronically managed system.
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:27 pm

I can beat that, did an engine swap in the early 90s in a 76 Celica, childs play compared to anything today. This was at home with vey little help and I was still a teen.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

CoopsCJ
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby CoopsCJ » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:17 am

Nah doing it at the partners work yard, have the use of the hoist and all tools needed, have helped various relatives in the past with stuff like this including a mechanic, just wanted manual for piece of mind that there’s nothing we’re missing that’s all!

Return to “New South Wales”