Rotor upgrade/replacement

All Brake Modifications.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: Rotor upgrade/replacement

Postby Mooman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:34 pm

For what it's worth I've got those rotors but with QFM HPX pads front and Remsa rear (supply issue with QFM for rear) so can't say about Bendix titanium.

The slots are about 2mm deep and 2mm wide so will take alot to grind away or bridge.

The constant cutting of the pads keeps them flat to the rotor so it wears down both evenly. I've had them in for 1 1/2 years and about 20,000 km and they are still flat, compared to the stock ones that had some fairly deep groves from trapped grit etc.

Only point of interest is sometimes there is a grinding noise and you can feel the slots modulating the brake pedal (supposedly normal and not an install issue).

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Haha that’s all good! I shall! Hopefully it shall be hassle free, the handling on my CJ is getting a big bump up! My braking is horrible right now, no bite what so ever until I really depress my brakes D: got too use to showing people how brand new it was until it just wore out to crap hahaha, so hoping the slotted and HD pads should give a nice bump up from stock!
We are all in it for the fun!

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:52 pm

MY09 VRX one of these: (cj-sb-red)

Return to “Brakes”