Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Patch
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

[WA] MY08 Lancer VRX Sedan

Postby Patch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Hey everyone,

Just picked up a 2008 Lancer VRX Sedan in Perth, WA as a daily driver and thought I'd say hello.

It's a 5 speed manual, only modification was the previous owner had a base model spoilerless boot installed, and removed the rear badges. Spoiler is sitting in the shed but I'm planning on leaving it off. Has the Rockford Fosgate audio system, sunroof, cloth interior, etc. etc.

Signed up a couple years ago to get some info for a CE Lancer MR demo derby car I was putting together with some friends - don't worry though, the CJ is safe! :P

Have a couple plans for the Lancer, mostly cosmetic. I'm from a Subaru Background and have a 1998 Impreza that I've WRX STI converted and then some for my performance kicks, so I know how quickly things get out of hand when you're modifying a car with a factory turbo version available... but anyway, those plans are;

- Factory lip spoiler
- Rear window visor
- Black background tail-lights (Tossing up between OEM or the LED OEM style, not a lot else out there that isn't smoked...)
- Some sort of rear lip or the Ralliart rear bumper
- New head unit (mine is non-MMCS type so no USB input and not being able to change songs with Aux isn't good enough)
- Sort out passenger side speaker crackle
- New OEM floor mats
- New gearshifter knob (current is worn)
- Black out the chrome rings around the headlights and paint the side reflector (Did this on another Lancer and it worked out pretty well!)
- Replace the missing bonnet rod clip
- Eventually go a CF bumper with DRL's and fogs, and paint the chrome bits black

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: [WA] MY08 Lancer VRX Sedan

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:02 am

Welcome to the club! Looks like you picked yourself up a mint car! Interesting to see the first person to wanna convert their front bar to a CF! Can’t blame you though, the DRLs are gorgeous XD!
We are all in it for the fun!

Patch
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Patch » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:32 am

Thanks! Very happy with the car so far, especially coming from older 90s and 00s cars.

DRLs on the CF bumper are quite nice. What got me thinking about one is this car, I really like the blacked out chrome, the lights, and the lip together (tow cover would remain body coloured though). Might not work as well in red but if I ever needed to fix/change the bumper I'd look for one.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:50 am

Hahah hey that’s my car XD! Glad you like it! This is what it looks like witj the mid section dipped black
It’s not the most even but it’s something I gotta fix soon ! I really like the CF build in red it was actually my second choice, honestly blacking out the chrome makes the worlds difference, makes it more from economy to sport xD

Patch
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Patch » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:10 am

Haha well there you go, I should have looked at your profile pic... But yes, yours will definitely be inspiring some of the things I do to mine, it looks awesome! The blackout centre turned out great, looks a fair bit trickier to get the lines on the CF bar than the CJ bars.

And yeah, blacking out the chrome definitely adds some aggression, reminds me of the VF HSV GTS bumper.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Haha aww cheers mate! Yeah it can be a bit mind boggling since the CJ already has the lines already made up, with the right calculations you get it close to even hahaha! I actually just noticed that now, the HSV bumper sticks out really closely to the CF bumper

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:26 pm

I got DRLs on eBay that fit my 09 VRX.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Welcome to club cj

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Another Manual Red VRX with a sunroof =D. Welcome to the club. I like my wing, but the rear does look a lot cleaner without badges. Does yours have the MMCS? be interesting to know what your VIN ends in, mine ends in 2178. I parked next to another VRX in my local supermarket exactly the same as mine apart from the racing stripes on theirs. That VIN ended in 3819, ran his rego they weren't around to ask if they were in the club.

I can be OTT like this, but I'm not always this crazy... :lolhit:
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

Patch
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Patch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:59 am

Thanks! No MMCS on mine, tossing up whether to go down that road or an aftermarket head unit. I've got 3458

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Quismiff » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 am

Patch wrote:Thanks! No MMCS on mine, tossing up whether to go down that road or an aftermarket head unit. I've got 3458

I'm starting to think the MMCS wasn't an option in the Lancer till built in 09, or MY10. they come up on ebay every now and then, I'm watching one in Sydney, but unless someone donates me $350 I don't think I'll be getting it, it came from an 09 Lancer, so should plug and play, but untill you get in and check cables you don't know...

how many clicks on the clock?
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:40 am

Quismiff wrote:
Patch wrote:Thanks! No MMCS on mine, tossing up whether to go down that road or an aftermarket head unit. I've got 3458

I'm starting to think the MMCS wasn't an option in the Lancer till built in 09, or MY10. they come up on ebay every now and then, I'm watching one in Sydney, but unless someone donates me $350 I don't think I'll be getting it, it came from an 09 Lancer, so should plug and play, but untill you get in and check cables you don't know...

how many clicks on the clock?

The mmcs were an option in MY08 as well

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:16 am

IMO go aftermarket, I got a dmx7017bts 7” from kenwood and I honestly freaaakkin love it, especially Apple CarPlay

Patch
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Patch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:03 pm

ReeceCozaa wrote:IMO go aftermarket, I got a dmx7017bts 7” from kenwood and I honestly freaaakkin love it, especially Apple CarPlay

What dash fascia did you go with, and what's quality like? That's my major concern, I do really like the look of the MMCS fascia, and it's factory quality, but would be fine with an aftermarket head unit itself. Shouldn't be too much hassle getting the steering controls and Rockford Fosgate audio hooked up until I replace that later down the line.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:06 pm

I haven’t really done a stress test on the fascia but I’d say it’s fixed pretty well; I got it done by some body else, it costed roughly 550 for the head unit and 150 for installation plus necessary parts from memory! Didn’t end up needing a steering wheel harness thankfully since kenwood included a part which fit onto the lancers steering controller which was good! I’m honestly in love with it, I believe it would have a lot more stuff packed into it then what Mitsu has in the stocky

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”