***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

MMCS version 1 need help

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Ozyvoll
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

MMCS version 1 need help

Postby Ozyvoll » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi everyone. I’m after some help if possible. Recently bought an 08 lancer Olympic edition. My first ever lancer and I love it. Bought private. After a day or so I went to adjust settings for audio on touchscreen but settings icon didn’t respond to touch at very bottom left hand corner of screen. Everywhere else on screen did respond to touch. Called Mitsubishi and they were no help and only suggested $138 per hour investigation fee. A friend sent me a link to your site and I found the MMCS unit had a hidden menu that included touchscreen calibration. I accessed this menu and went into touchscreen area and surprisingly when the crosshairs came on screen I touched them all including the bottom left and they responded. I then hit the reset button on screen and exited the hidden menu. Now when turning system on and the first screen asks to hit the agree button the bottom right corner where the button is does not respond to touch. I can’t get back into hidden menu as I have to hit agree button. Car audio places are telling me it’s $2500 to replace system and Mitsubishi is telling me that the whole unit needs to be sent away for a new screen and calibration costing upwards of $800. I can’t see why it would need a new screen but I’m no expert. Does anyone know a way to bypass agree screen or anything else I can try. Thanks for your help. Ozy

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: MMCS version 1 need help

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:00 pm

You can see where the dealer makes its money.

Now I'm not familiar with the MMCS but does it have an option to hook up a USB mouse and access things to get to reset? Only ask as my after marker HU does and it came in handy when not long after installing it I pressed a wrong button screwing up the touch.

Might be worth a try to get it working?

Also $138 per hour investigation fee, sounds like my dealer, had an issue which may or may not be covered by the extended used car warranty but to find out it would cost me about that for them to 'investigate' the problem, which was a leaking washer pump... long story short I'm in the process of sorting it myself at a fraction of the price.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:08 pm

Look for a second hand unit. Often for sale for on hundreds of dollars

Ozyvoll
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Ozyvoll » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Thanks for the tips so far guys. Not going to go anywhere near dealer and am considering replacing with 2nd hand unit but surely there must be a reset option using the buttons on the unit in some way. Most technology has a few ways to get into software or totally reset it. Hopefully one of our fellow members will have the solution because I thought not being able to get into the audio settings because the bottom left touchscreen didn’t respond until now I’ve seemed to flip the problem and now the screen is not working for touch on the bottom right agree button so I’m locked out of everything :-(

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:06 pm

It sounds like the touch screen is broken

Ozyvoll
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Ozyvoll » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:22 am

Thanks Aspir3,
I did find what seems to be the only company in Australia that repairs MMCS units. They are called Supertech Electronics based in Qld. Explained what has been happening to him and he said even though touchscreen seemed to calibrate whilst I was in the hidden menu that it was more than likely a touchscreen issue and they could replace screen for $440 plus shipping. Guess my next question is does anyone have a link on how to remove the whole MMCS unit from car for shipping? ?? :-(

Ozyvoll
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Ozyvoll » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:22 am

Still after a backdoor into the MMCS version 1 system if anyone knows a way please members. :-)

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:26 am

Easy to remove,have a look on YouTube there are a few how to's on there.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:45 am

One of the big issue with factory fitted units like this is what happens when they go wrong or things as simple as map updates, the dealer charges a fortune to do any work on them and it makes after market head units a bargain, often with much better customer support. When it comes to GPS maps they are hopeless. Why is it so much easier to update the maps on my iPhone, even the ones you pay extra for but its $100 of dollars to do the same with the dealer.

I would hope going forward that the maps are a free update for the life of the new car warranty...

Sorry for the rant.

Yes I'd look at eBay, otherwise get the fix but make sure it has a decent warranty for that price. Or start looking at after market.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”