***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Ralliart Intake and Axle-back Varex X-force exhaust

Want to sell something, Post it up and sell it here. *Conditions Apply- Please read - http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=2085

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Ralliart Intake and Axle-back Varex X-force exhaust

Postby ReidVR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:30 pm

Hey guys,

Trying this again as last post was locked due to no photos

selling a Ralliart Intake which has been barely used, it cost me $150 delivered and i believe i did 60kms before i got rid of the CJ :lol: - $110 plus shipping

X-Force Varex axle-back exhaust, with variable noise levels, which i wired up to the cabin. Brand new these go for around $500, and this one is in awesome condition, just needs a clean. (pics included of where i wired the switch) - $250 (shipping probably wouldn't work but i can drive a while for some $ or beer :D ) located Newcastle.

Cheers guys!
IMG_3746-min.jpg
IMG_3746-min.jpg (913.75 KiB) Viewed 19308 times
IMG_3748-min-min.jpg
IMG_3748-min-min.jpg (579.88 KiB) Viewed 19308 times
IMG_3752-min.jpg
IMG_3752-min.jpg (900.65 KiB) Viewed 19308 times
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Ralliart Intake and Axle-back Varex X-force exhaust

Postby ReidVR » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Bump I desperately need these gone, I need the money ASAP
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

aussietdm
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby aussietdm » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Interested but in Brisbane!

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:30 pm

aussietdm wrote:Interested but in Brisbane!

Hey mate, what are you interested in, I can post?
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

aussietdm
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby aussietdm » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Both items, any chance of getting a shipping quote to see if its worth while.
Cheers Rick

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:40 pm

@ReidVR, You're tempting me with that Varex. Can you tell us a little more? For instance:

1. Do you know whether it is the ES-ML07-RVMK or the XF-ES-ML07-RVMK...?
  2. Do you have the control box which normally has the wireless fob [VK01] - even if you don't have the fob...?
MY09 VRX one of these: (cj-sb-red)

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:13 am

benyamin wrote:@ReidVR, You're tempting me with that Varex. Can you tell us a little more? For instance:

1. Do you know whether it is the ES-ML07-RVMK or the XF-ES-ML07-RVMK...?
  2. Do you have the control box which normally has the wireless fob [VK01] - even if you don't have the fob...?

What’s the difference between the two haha? But pretty sure it’s the first. And I do have the control box somewhere
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:14 am

aussietdm wrote:Both items, any chance of getting a shipping quote to see if its worth while.
Cheers Rick

Hey mate I’m not real sure where to go or what to do with the shipping quote, but I would ship if you could sort that part out
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:57 pm

ReidVR wrote:What’s the difference between the two haha? But pretty sure it’s the first. And I do have the control box somewhere
:lol: I think the "XF" is for eXtra Flow... Just curious is all. btw, I'm not interested in the snorkel. Got that sorted already.

I take it the sale includes the control box...? Did you have the fob too? Do you have the receipt from your original purchase?

Bit hard for us to get shipping quotes without some details. Could you post some measurements: Length, Width, Height & Weight. To get the weight measure yourself standing on bathroom scales or similar, with and without you holding the exhaust. Then subtract the little number from the big one, that will give you the weight of the exhaust. This will give us the volume and weight with which to get quotes. You should get some preliminary measurements to us ASAP.

To use Australia Post, it needs to be under 105cm long on all sides and under 22kgs too. Technically, it's cubic weight needs to be under 22kg. The cubic weight is calculated by multiplying the length, width and height together (which gives you the volume) and then multiplying this by 250, or length x width x height x 250 = cubic weight. More info here. This is the cheapest option, but if your box exceeds these limits then there are other options.

If you want to make it happen quickly, you'll need to prepare a box for it...! I'd go to your local Kmart or similar. They usually have heaps of large boxes and they will likely just give you one for nothing. You can then cut it down to size (but leave a bit on the ends for padding). They might have some bubble wrap or similar too. Otherwise get some butchers paper from a fish and chip shop (or from a butcher). They'll usually give you a heap of sheets for a couple of bucks. Newspaper will work too. Scrunch it into balls to pack ALL THE WAY AROUND the exhaust. Overfill so it's almost bursting when closed. It needs to be packed nice and firm, and then tape it up. Use a decent packing tape though - you don't want it coming apart in transit. You should then post back to update the measurements so final shipping quotes can be made. You should be able to do this for under $10 presuming you don't already have any packing or packing tape.

Lastly, as you're not selling this like on e-bay, I'd need to exchange name, address & phone numbers with you before conducting the sale. Also, can you accept PayPal payments? If not, I'd set that up. I might need a photo of your license or a certified statutory declaration from a pharmacist (usually charge a fee) or the cop shop (usually free) verifying your identity before I'm willing to make other payments. Sorry, but I don't know you from a bar of soap, nor the provenance of the item (it's ownership history). I'm willing to help you organise postage - which you should really do yourself btw - but I'm not willing to get ripped off or handle hot kit.

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:01 pm

Sorry to be a pain but I’d rather not ship. That’s a hell of a lot of effort for someone who might turn around and say “sorry I don’t want to buy it anymore” as many people have done to me in the past. Also, I think it’s a bit overboard on the identification etc as I bought this from someone on gumtree that I didn’t know from a bar of soap. But cheers for the enquiry mate.
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:36 pm

So you do want to ship then you don't want to ship. Your desperate for the cash but cant be stuffed measuring it and weighing it so someone else can do the hard yards of shipping research for you - and all so you can get your money quicker...! And you're only going to pack it if it sells... Yeah OK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We're not on Gumtree and I'm not 10 minutes round the corner. I'm in Melbourne and not travelling 2000kms to Newcastle and back to pick it up and hand over the cash to you in person. If that was the case, I'd care much less. - but freight could be less than $25 instead of 3 or 4 tanks of fuel... Apples and oranges, yeah...?!?

Stand in my shoes and tell me you'd be ok sending me $275 or thereabouts and hoping that it shows up. Oh, and don't forget, I'm desperate for the money and I'm selling my CJ too and *bolt*

I get that you've had past experiences of going to the trouble of preparing something for sale only to have the prospect change their mind. That's life and their choice and also their right. The fact is, I'm not really asking all that much of you and just trying to help you maximise your chances of selling it - hopefully to me...! You could learn something along the way too. If you want to be lazy about it, I'll leave you to it. I got no time for lazy.
*flame*
So do you want to put in some effort in recouping your cash?
Do you want to check if it is longer than 105cm and weighs less than 22kg...?
Do you want to dig that control box out of your _____...?
I'm starting to think that you're not really that desperate or in need of a quick sell...

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:48 pm

P.S. I did say exchange details, as in you'd have mine too. The ID bit was really just if you didn't want to use PayPal...

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Mate I’m a uni student going to uni 5 days a week plus working a part time job. I need time to do that stuff. I’ve got much more on my plate that I need to focus on. If you’re willing to wait a few days then I’ll try my best to get the info for you.

But for one, I posted a 50cm x 15cm x 15cm box and AusPost charged me $20.... I doubt the exhaust will cost anywhere near that.
Two, the exhaust is longer that 1m, so auspost won’t even take it, it’d have to be couriered.
Three, yes it does weigh less than 22kg

If you can give me a company/way to send it to you, I’ll do it.
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

benyamin
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby benyamin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Yeah, we're all busy, Reid (is that your name?), and got competing priorities and only 24 hours in the day. I get it - believe me.

I can wait, it was really whether or not you could. I'd be okay finding a courier for you provided you can:

1. Provide me some rough measurements. Lay the exhaust on the floor and imagine a box around it with 10cm clearance all the way around. Measure the length and the width of this imaginary box. Measure the height of the exhaust from the floor and add 20cm. We'll use these for the measurements.
    I get this could be difficult without a tape measure. If you don't have one, can you borrow one or buy a cheapy at Bunnings...?
  2. Provide me with the weight. I will add some "fat" for the box. With this info I will find a suitable courier for you and get a quote.
  3. Accept that I have a right to cancel the sale if I cannot find a suitable courier
  4. Agree to exchange names, addresses and telephone numbers as a condition of the sale
  5. Accept my payment via PayPal. I don't want your ID or a Stat Dec, I want you to set up on your end to accept my payment via PayPal so I can do a chargeback on my card if I get screwed and PayPal can chase you instead of me.
    Setting it up is easy, and you probably already are sufficiently setup if you have a PayPal account.
    You would just make a request of me to pay a specific amount.
  6. Include the control box, cables, plugs, fob (if you have it), etc.
  7. Agree to box and ship the items within 2 business days of receiving payment (this is generous)
  8. Agree to sign, or have your nominee sign (if you are unavailable), upon request by the courier during pick up
  9. If you engage the courier instead of me, as might be the case, that you include all the protections I might insist upon, e.g. insurance, tracking, signature required upon delivery, and at my cost (which would be included in the payment). This would be you arranging the courier instead of me booking the pick up - which may well be to your advantage.
Would these terms be acceptable to you...?

Regards,
Ben

ReidVR
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby ReidVR » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:11 pm

For sure Ben, those terms are very reasonable. And yep that’s mine haha, I put it on Club CJ for cheaper as this forum has been a HUGE help to me and even though it’s only $40 cheaper, I thought giving it to someone on here cheaper would be good.
MY09 CJ VR Lancer

Return to “For Sale Section”