***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Selling CJ's, Stock or not?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Selling CJ's, Stock or not?

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Hey guys, starting to rake in a bit more money with my full time job and am REALLY getting into the "what mods" lists lol

the stuff im thinking of include drilling and such, like rear diffuser and the VRX lip
also other stuff like headers.

What would be better in the long run:
a) do what i want, and revert to bone stock (this includes getting a new rear bar, selling the one with the diffuser)
B) do what i want, and sell it modified for a potentially lower price than a stock version would
C) wait it out, be a fair bit bored to be honest but i can spend all that money on my next car, Silvia or EVOOOOOO

please keep in mind, first car, not entirely mine to do what i want as of yet (have to double check its all ok insurance and permission wise with parentals) but im real keen on actually saying i "built" or randomly screwed on pieces of plastic onto my own car
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Selling CJ's, Stock or not?

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:00 am

Honestly if you’re not making much money and money is something you need to make priority and you feel like you might sell the car in the up coming years, I wouldn’t mod if, thousands of bucks towards a faster, stronger or better car which you want, if you got that cash flow then sure why not, but I could imagine the revert back to stock and so would be a pain, IMO I would only lightly mod it if you plan to sell it on the near future!
We are all in it for the fun!

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:46 pm

ReeceCozaa wrote:Honestly if you’re not making much money and money is something you need to make priority and you feel like you might sell the car in the up coming years, I wouldn’t mod if, thousands of bucks towards a faster, stronger or better car which you want, if you got that cash flow then sure why not, but I could imagine the revert back to stock and so would be a pain, IMO I would only lightly mod it if you plan to sell it on the near future!

yeah thats the path i think i will take, probs get diffuser and stop there.

when i hit 4th yea/ qualified Sparky i get given a company van (provided im with my current employer) so the CJ would just be sitting there, only really used on weekends. i would have my blacks by then so like you said buy a more powerful and better car that i can put in the wrench time

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:56 pm

I would get the car you want and can afford and put money into that, so maybe a late model stock Ralliart low kays. Instead of an ES and spend $1000s trying to make it like a RA.

Maybe get a RA now or just bide your time and save up, do cheap and tasteful mods on your current ride until you can afford the car you want to work on.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Lancer1993 wrote:I would get the car you want and can afford and put money into that, so maybe a late model stock Ralliart low kays. Instead of an ES and spend $1000s trying to make it like a RA.

Maybe get a RA now or just bide your time and save up, do cheap and tasteful mods on your current ride until you can afford the car you want to work on.

im tempted by a RA, but i kinda get bored driving anything but manual (clutch and physically changing gears makes me pay more attention)

its a year and 6 months until my blacks, might just hold out, thinking either S15, Legnum/Galant or an Evo 8/9

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:24 pm

That’s the way to go! I wouldn’t even bother with an RA, just fair offf until you get your fulls and go right to the evo when you can afford it. If you want the best then just gotta work and wait for it I guess hahaha

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:56 pm

The RA would be just about the only car I'd buy with an auto (Well SST) but the problem is many new cars now you have no choice, some have a manual in the base model with the crap engine but choose the top model and its CVT in most cases.

Yes autos are much better now and sporty cars usually have some kind of flappy pedal shifters but with electric cars beginning to take over the end is nigh for the humble manual with a proper clutch.

If I had the money a nice manual EVO final edition, one thats been locked in a garage most of its life and only taken out on dry weekend runs!
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Oh man if only the final editions were any cheaper! I expect those things to reach the price of gold in the future! I saw one reach 74k

Return to “General Talk”