Exhaust

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Exhaust

Postby ReeceCozaa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:19 am

Damn sounds good ronan! Doesn’t sound obnoxiously loud at all but has a nice throaty sound! I’ll probably be heading towards this system later on when I re do mine, mines just sounding like a DEEP ambient noise
We are all in it for the fun!

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:57 pm

haha thanks bro,

wanting to do headers and go to a cat back, but not sure if it will be too obnoxious at idle, as much as i hate not being able to hear it at lights, i have loved when ive been pulled into RBT's and defect stations, they dont know its there until im leaving lol
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:27 am

Probably would be too loud then. You'd have to get a straight through stainless resonator, one with a large body so it acts like a muffler also.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Have purchased a 2.4lt exhaust manifold, to replace the clam-shell manifold on my 2ltr 2015 ES.
I understand these 2.4ltr type manifolds have actually been used on some earlier 2ltr cars.

So wander! Hmmmm warranty? Might hold off for a year!!!!

Instead of gold exhaust wrap. Considering painting it silver or depending on cost ceramic cote!!

Any suggestions? :?

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:06 pm

Haven't seen gold exhaust wrap before. Black or white .
You could go nuts with spray on fireproof spray paint from autobarn or supercheap then wrap it

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:06 pm

sarusa wrote:Have purchased a 2.4lt exhaust manifold, to replace the clam-shell manifold on my 2ltr 2015 ES.
I understand these 2.4ltr type manifolds have actually been used on some earlier 2ltr cars.

So wander! Hmmmm warranty? Might hold off for a year!!!!

Instead of gold exhaust wrap. Considering painting it silver or depending on cost ceramic cote!!

Any suggestions? :?

Doesn't affect warranty. I had my 4-1 streets on it when I had the EGR issue. It's well worth using it now!

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:43 am

Curiosity! What was your EGR issue? Merlin was looking at the prospects of turfing it altogether.
Haven't heard anything more from him on this. Reason for my interest is, suspect something happened to mine at
2nd service. Swapped ? who knows!!!

All I know is something unwarranted happened. Car went in idling sweetly with 4,856km on the clock and when I picked
it up it wasn't.. Strangely dash instrument panel re: ltrs per 100ks was now registering ridiculous readings
like 37ltrs and 27ltrs per 100ks and speed readings way out of kilter!

Then after about a week or so, I only travel about 2,500ks a year, everything corrected itself.
This I believe would be consistent with the ECU catching up with something that had gone
suddenly amiss, along with whatever else being pulled back into line. All seems well now????!!!!
Had 3rd service done, touch wood all seems well. As services are free stuck with them!

Sorry straying away from heading EXHAUSTS!

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 am

Discussed many times before :). I can't find the original posts about it. In any case, the EGR valve got stuck open, and the car could barely run and constantly stalled. Luckily I could pull into a popular lookout. The road side assistant couldn't find the issue. Got it towed to Ultra Tune as they were open Saturday, hoping it was a simple fix as I had a Merlin Tune on Sunday. No luck. Got it towed to Mitsubishi who took the whole week to find it, I was getting worried as it was a few days before Christmas and I was going away. They couldn't find it either, mainly because the fault codes weren't telling them (apparently it sets a large number off). In the end I talked to the head mechanic on the phone who looked at it with an old school approach and I picked it up a couple of hours later, new EGR fitted.

Luckily Merlin was back a few months later. Probably a good thing it happened before a tune, I believe they probably reflashed it. Pretty much triggered those EGR discussions. If it gets stuck shut which is supposedly more 'common' you probably wouldn't realise. Basically carbon build up does it I believe.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Thanks for your reply! Its a useless bit of furniture we can do without in this country!!

Evoman
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Evoman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:01 am

Using an XForce axel back dual outlet and I'm very please with the noise level and the slight increase in performance, worth the money. :D

Maddy.b
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Maddy.b » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Thanks !! :)
2008 VRX Lancer :D :)

Maddy.b
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Maddy.b » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Thanks I think I’m going x force too :) !! :)

Maddy.b
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Maddy.b » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:51 am

Hey everyone so my sister has a lancer too and she has gone a muffler delete using 2.15inch piping with dual outlet and it sounds really nice but it’s really loud in the cabin, the muffler place suggested to her putting two hotdogs in the pipes before the tips, would that help it or no? Or would sound deadener help?

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:32 am

Hot dogs don't remove much sound as the hot dogs rely on absorption of sound by the packing material. There simply isn't enough there for this effect. Hot dogs are therefore more about cleaning the sound a bit. Larger body resonators may help, they're closer to being straight through mufflers which will reduce volume to some extent.

The exhaust places typically favour volume, so the real question is how much volume is wanted to be reduced at idle and under load?

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:08 am

Unfortunately lancers have crap all sound deadening so unless the exhaust set up is low on volume and ESPECIALLY low frequency volumes you’re gonna get all kind of noises and rattles! Resonators can help reduce loudness but not by a magical amount, pipe size can effect noise, same as flow and the type of muffler you use. The better the design of the muffler the better job it does! Resonators generally eliminate rasp and generate more of a bass like tone to your exhaust!

Edit: just realise you said it was a muffler delete, which is probably the primary issue, the resonators won’t do no where near as a good job as what a muffler will do; so it’s upto you!
We are all in it for the fun!

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”