Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: New Member MY16 Lancer

Postby sarusa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:19 am

AaronD95 wrote:
Mooman wrote:Welcome, yes I'm out in Templestowe and Sarusa is St Helena area we meet at Eltham McDonalds sometimes but nothing formal or scheduled.

What car (trim) have you got? The body kit and wheel set suggest CF ES Sport but the engine bay has hydraulic power steering suggesting something else (newer cars are meant to have electronic PS).

Mods can be put into 3 broad groups: Performance, convenience and cosmetic. Basically any of them comes down to how much money you want to spend and what skills or access to skills (mechanics etc.) you have.

As long as Club CJ is around there is plenty of back reading on mods etc. and enough people to ask for suggestions, ideas or technical questions.

Awesome! Im from Thomastown so not too far :)
Also its an ES ;D good spot haha. I dont really know much mechanics wise but i'm definstely open to learning and having you guys help me out!

Bit close to festive season but lets look at organizing a meeting at Maccas in the new year along with other members that wish to come.
Just food, general chat, viewing of our rides and mods, exchange of ideas and mods we have done and intend doing all first hand making it possible to get an immediate response of pros and cons. Perhaps chuck anything you don't need, that could be of interest to someone, at a price??!! in your boot.

Compliments of the season! To you all!!

AaronD95
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby AaronD95 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:00 am

bumblebee wrote:Welcome aboard. If your going to add a RA intake snorkel and upgrade your air cleaner to K&N or similar might as well go nuts under the bonnet with gold reflecting heat wrap and exhaust wrap also. That reminds me. I still need to get those photos done for you guys. Sorry
Have been pretty busy.

Thanks! Will RA snorkel fit?
2015 CF ES Sport (cj-black)

AaronD95
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby AaronD95 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:01 am

sarusa wrote:
AaronD95 wrote:
Mooman wrote:Welcome, yes I'm out in Templestowe and Sarusa is St Helena area we meet at Eltham McDonalds sometimes but nothing formal or scheduled.

What car (trim) have you got? The body kit and wheel set suggest CF ES Sport but the engine bay has hydraulic power steering suggesting something else (newer cars are meant to have electronic PS).

Mods can be put into 3 broad groups: Performance, convenience and cosmetic. Basically any of them comes down to how much money you want to spend and what skills or access to skills (mechanics etc.) you have.

As long as Club CJ is around there is plenty of back reading on mods etc. and enough people to ask for suggestions, ideas or technical questions.

Awesome! Im from Thomastown so not too far :)
Also its an ES ;D good spot haha. I dont really know much mechanics wise but i'm definstely open to learning and having you guys help me out!

Bit close to festive season but lets look at organizing a meeting at Maccas in the new year along with other members that wish to come.
Just food, general chat, viewing of our rides and mods, exchange of ideas and mods we have done and intend doing all first hand making it possible to get an immediate response of pros and cons. Perhaps chuck anything you don't need, that could be of interest to someone, at a price??!! in your boot.

Compliments of the season! To you all!!

Yeah id definately be down for a meetup in the new year :)

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:24 pm

AaronD95 wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Welcome aboard. If your going to add a RA intake snorkel and upgrade your air cleaner to K&N or similar might as well go nuts under the bonnet with gold reflecting heat wrap and exhaust wrap also. That reminds me. I still need to get those photos done for you guys. Sorry
Have been pretty busy.

Thanks! Will RA snorkel fit?

Should do

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Itl fit as much as it needs, the left side screw will only fit in as the right won’t reach but itl be fitted very snug even without the screw so no need to worry if that happens!
We are all in it for the fun!

AaronD95
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby AaronD95 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:08 pm

ReeceCozaa wrote:Itl fit as much as it needs, the left side screw will only fit in as the right won’t reach but itl be fitted very snug even without the screw so no need to worry if that happens!

Sweet as :) just purchased a K&N 33-2392 filter. Going to pop that in tonight then ill grab the ra snorkel and see how it goes

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:30 pm

The K&N filter might not fit your airbox. As your box has the short clips it is the newer design with a different filter. You would need K&N 33-3015 instead.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Don't need either screw, the bonnet does a great job of holding it down when on the move.

When I changed my air filter I noticed the one screw I use was not there, had hoped off and was inside the airbox again. no chance of it going inside the engine because of the filter. Also took a few photos and pleased to see the inside past the filter is like new, spotless and so clean. You can clearly see the difference between the side before and after the filter.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

AaronD95
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby AaronD95 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:34 pm

Mooman wrote:The K&N filter might not fit your airbox. As your box has the short clips it is the newer design with a different filter. You would need K&N 33-3015 instead.

Thanks for that, found out the hard way but ordered the 3015 online :)

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:13 am

Have taken warranty start date and transfer issues up with ACCC, They are looking into 9t.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”