New Member MY16 Lancer

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

AaronD95
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

New Member MY16 Lancer

Postby AaronD95 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:30 am

Hey all, new to this but thought id join up and see some fellow lancer projects :)
My names Aaron from VIC just wanted to see what sort of easy mods you guys have managed to do on your cars and to share some ideas on what i could do to mine :)
Attachments
15135568837102.jpg
15135568837102.jpg (159.59 KiB) Viewed 9900 times
15135569905573.jpg
15135569905573.jpg (198.36 KiB) Viewed 9900 times
Last edited by AaronD95 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 CF ES Sport (cj-black)

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: New Member MY16 Lancer

Postby Quismiff » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 am

Welcome to club CJ. where in Melbourne are you based? I'm out in the South East, Sarusa and Mooman are also in Melbournes northern regions, there should be a couple more round here somewhere :lol:
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

AaronD95
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby AaronD95 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Quismiff wrote:Welcome to club CJ. where in Melbourne are you based? I'm out in the South East, Sarusa and Mooman are also in Melbournes northern regions, there should be a couple more round here somewhere :lol:

I'm in the northern region also :D

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Just checked with Mitsubishi. Was told that 5 year warranty or any part of it does not pass to buyer if you sold it. End of warranty.

Thankfully I intend keeping my car for beyond that period but if I knew this I still would not have bought the car.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Welcome to club cj

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:48 pm

Welcome, yes I'm out in Templestowe and Sarusa is St Helena area we meet at Eltham McDonalds sometimes but nothing formal or scheduled.

What car (trim) have you got? The body kit and wheel set suggest CF ES Sport but the engine bay has hydraulic power steering suggesting something else (newer cars are meant to have electronic PS).

Mods can be put into 3 broad groups: Performance, convenience and cosmetic. Basically any of them comes down to how much money you want to spend and what skills or access to skills (mechanics etc.) you have.

As long as Club CJ is around there is plenty of back reading on mods etc. and enough people to ask for suggestions, ideas or technical questions.

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Welcome to the club my fellow CF owner! Mods to start on are an axelback exhaust/catback exhaust to free the flow, a rallirt air duct, gold heat wrapping your air box and air duct, a new drop in air filter (preferably TOG or cosworth) and as many people will praise if possible a tune from Merlin if you happen to ever be Sydney bound, a tune elsewhere would most likely make the car function greater too.
We are all in it for the fun!

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Welcome! :D

AaronD95
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby AaronD95 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:16 pm

Mooman wrote:Welcome, yes I'm out in Templestowe and Sarusa is St Helena area we meet at Eltham McDonalds sometimes but nothing formal or scheduled.

What car (trim) have you got? The body kit and wheel set suggest CF ES Sport but the engine bay has hydraulic power steering suggesting something else (newer cars are meant to have electronic PS).

Mods can be put into 3 broad groups: Performance, convenience and cosmetic. Basically any of them comes down to how much money you want to spend and what skills or access to skills (mechanics etc.) you have.

As long as Club CJ is around there is plenty of back reading on mods etc. and enough people to ask for suggestions, ideas or technical questions.

Awesome! Im from Thomastown so not too far :)
Also its an ES ;D good spot haha. I dont really know much mechanics wise but i'm definstely open to learning and having you guys help me out!

AaronD95
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby AaronD95 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:19 pm

ReeceCozaa wrote:Welcome to the club my fellow CF owner! Mods to start on are an axelback exhaust/catback exhaust to free the flow, a rallirt air duct, gold heat wrapping your air box and air duct, a new drop in air filter (preferably TOG or cosworth) and as many people will praise if possible a tune from Merlin if you happen to ever be Sydney bound, a tune elsewhere would most likely make the car function greater too.

Sweet as, i dont really know what the air filter does and what gold wrapping is or the purpose, it may sound like an amateur question but i'm on my p's, so doing these mods won't be a defect or anhthing will it?
Also with tuning, what actually gets done? Ive never understood it :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:38 pm

Just got a TOG for my VRX, must say I can't really tell the difference so far but its mostly been local streets so no highway country roads. And it didn't cost much more than the stock one that was due at my last service.

I've also for a Ralliart snorkel intake.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Thats all well and good! The air filter from my understanding allows for more airflow to go through your air filter then stock one whilst still giving superb filtration. The gold heat reflective tape is designed to reflect radiant heat that is projected onto the taped object so in taping up the airbox/air duct and such you allow for cooler air temperatures within which thus allows for better power gains! I may not be 100% on the science side of it, any other member can add in more as plenty of then have done this mod! As for legality all mods listed are P plate legal in NSW from what I know. With tuning I’m probably not the best to explain it into depth but basically getting the car tuned/adjusting the tune allows for better power gains of the engine( adjusting fuel/air ratios and much more) when it comes to tuning many things can be altered, which is another thing other members or other posts could broaden your knowledge on, hope I helped!
We are all in it for the fun!

AaronD95
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby AaronD95 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:49 pm

ReeceCozaa wrote:Thats all well and good! The air filter from my understanding allows for more airflow to go through your air filter then stock one whilst still giving superb filtration. The gold heat reflective tape is designed to reflect radiant heat that is projected onto the taped object so in taping up the airbox/air duct and such you allow for cooler air temperatures within which thus allows for better power gains! I may not be 100% on the science side of it, any other member can add in more as plenty of then have done this mod! As for legality all mods listed are P plate legal in NSW from what I know. With tuning I’m probably not the best to explain it into depth but basically getting the car tuned/adjusting the tune allows for better power gains of the engine( adjusting fuel/air ratios and much more) when it comes to tuning many things can be altered, which is another thing other members or other posts could broaden your knowledge on, hope I helped!

Helped a heap man thanks a lot !

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:13 am

sarusa wrote:Just checked with Mitsubishi. Was told that 5 year warranty or any part of it does not pass to buyer if you sold it. End of warranty.

Thankfully I intend keeping my car for beyond that period but if I knew this I still would not have bought the car.

Correct
It states this in owners manual in glove box also

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:16 am

Welcome aboard. If your going to add a RA intake snorkel and upgrade your air cleaner to K&N or similar might as well go nuts under the bonnet with gold reflecting heat wrap and exhaust wrap also. That reminds me. I still need to get those photos done for you guys. Sorry
Have been pretty busy.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”