***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Fuse Box

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Fuse Box

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:24 pm

So the other day I went to remove the stereo fuse under the bonnet with the little tool and it broke.

Had to resort to some small plies to get it out, it wasn't rusty as far as I could see and when put back in it still works.

My question is short of a wrecker where can I get a replacement and how do I check to see why the fuse was hard to get out?
I've removed plenty of them in other cars in the past.

Will I need to see the dealer?
Is there a part number?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: Fuse Box

Postby Mooman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Fuse puller part number 8582A004 (may need to do a Google image search to confirm). Shouldn't be too expensive from a dealer, probably easier than a wrecker who may want you to buy the whole fuse box.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:01 am

Put some "dielectric " grease on the fuse blades when you insert them.
Get it from jaycar . depending how bad the rust isyou can clean it up with plain "white vinegar " it does a great job of cleaning off rust

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:30 am

So just called a Mitsy dealer and amazingly he said there are NONE in the country, this would be a part fitted to loads of Mitsubishi's over the years and NONE in Australia. The couldn't even give me a price, WFT! So checked AutoBarn, SCA and Jaycar, all 3 have them for less than $5, might now exactly fit the holder in the fuse box but it should work!

Also I don't think there is any rust or corrosion but I'll check that out, better dealing with it now than needing to replace a fuse and it won't come out! Will have to do this on the weekend between action at the Sandown 500... not going just watching.

But today I have to get the Pathfinder ready for sale, got the road worthy and didn't realize we have just 2 months to sell it. Anyone after a 99 Pathfinder?

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 am

Gumtree for the sale of your vehicle. Hope it goes well getting it sorted

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:43 am

Like the guys on Mighty Car Mods been doing some car archaeology and finding some long forgotten items and the Nissan tool bag is missing :( with out old Land Cruiser one in its place.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:22 am

try another one and seeif its the same!!??!

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:06 am

Makes sense Mitsubishi having none in the country. There's a part number as it comes with the car, but they're super generic. It would be like ordering H1 or H4 headlight bulbs using the part number from Mitsubishi, although they probably do have those in stock since you go through more of them. Keep in mind with dielectric grease it's an insulator so you don't want it on contact points.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:39 am

The stock the little plastic screws and plugs to attach plastic parts so I don't see why they wouldn't have the fuse tool, which is kinda important when you need to work on the car and replace a dead fuse. I'll check out the SCA ones, maybe today if I have time!

Re the Pathfinder, found a suitable generic tool bag to go under the back seat, will put in some basic tools along with the jack stuff... not to self test the jack. Don't remember the last time it was used LOL

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/little- ... 1159533340

Return to “Electrical”