***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

ClubCJ's Future and Potential

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: ClubCJ's Future and Potential

Postby sarusa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:06 am

aspir3 wrote:I have contacted admin and moderators to check out this thread. Most are vrry keen to have new blood on board as they don't have time.
So this a great opportunity for everyone to show they are interested in having an input in running the club and moving it forward

lol All I get is the word image which I cant use! I don't belong to face book or anything and don't wish to. :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:26 pm

I used to post over on the AusLancer site before getting my CJ. The main reason for the move was at the time that site was more geared towards older Lancer, the CC and CE were very popular. I don't know if that's changed in the last 2 years.

Maybe ClubCJ needs sister sites for the CF and future models?
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:53 pm

The CF is the same as the CJ with different bumper. Why not leave this as the CJ forum and add to it a CF section of you wish

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:28 pm

owning a cf honestly they're identical as the CJ, the only posts and comments people would be asking is about the front bumper, other then that, they're the same car
We are all in it for the fun!

Mystique
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Mystique » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:47 am

ReeceCozaa wrote:owning a cf honestly they're identical as the CJ, the only posts and comments people would be asking is about the front bumper, other then that, they're the same car

^
Daily: My14 Lancer LX
Weekender: 2009 MY09 Ralliart Hatch

My Mod Thread: viewtopic.php?p=324612#324612
Instagram: http://instagram.com/mitsii_lx

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:35 pm

A lot of good points have been raised in this thread and it's nice to see that we still have members that care about the future of this club.

I'm quite happy to step down from my position, and let someone else take the reigns immediately or we could do a Club Election like we have in previous years if we have enough committed members to warrant it. But like Troy has previously said, the committee needs to agree on it first before we go ahead with anything.

Also, http://www.facebook.com/ClubCJ/ is the official FB Page that could do with some refreshing...

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:20 am

Is this forum a club?
Does it have a proper set of rules and regulations to follow and abide by with a constitution written?
Is the club a "incorporate " entity?
If so then you will need to follow due process and have elections. You can't just step aside and hand the reigns over if thats the case.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 am

bumblebee wrote:Is this forum a club?
Does it have a proper set of rules and regulations to follow and abide by with a constitution written?
Is the club a "incorporate " entity?
If so then you will need to follow due process and have elections. You can't just step aside and hand the reigns over if thats the case.

Lol there are rules and regulations and if you look them up and read them you will find most of your questions answered :) .

Skrallex
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Skrallex » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:04 pm

I think Bumblebee means legal rules and regulations, not the clubs ones. He's saying if the forum is an official, legal club then due process must be followed in regards to an election, etc.

It seems unlikely to me that this is the actual case given that the majority of the members are not paying members.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Yes we are a club.
Yes we have a constitution.
Yes will should run election.

Thed issue is though the constitution has 1 rule in there th at over rides all others. That is the president can do as he likes. So all rules are really null and void. Please don't blame Justin for this rule. This rule was brought in by someone who was very clever with words and convincing members he was right and trustworthy.

Just give it some time please members and we will get some changes happening soon.

CoreyB
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby CoreyB » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:43 pm

In regards to the facebook/social media page, I think a partnership with the AUS CJ group would be better then starting another fresh facebook group. AUS CJ has 2300+ members in only 2 - 3 years of being formed and is very active. Alot of people in that group have never even heard of Club CJ and this forum is a much better source of "permanent" information on our cars (in my opinon).

I think Club CJ being well known to all the new CJ Lancer enthusiasts on the AUS CJ facebook group would send some new faces here :D

CoreyB
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby CoreyB » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:53 pm

And whatever happen to the "garage" part of this forum? Having your car attached to your profile with the list of modifications done was really cool to have, something I would like to see brought back

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Skrallex wrote:I think Bumblebee means legal rules and regulations, not the clubs ones. He's saying if the forum is an official, legal club then due process must be followed in regards to an election, etc.

It seems unlikely to me that this is the actual case given that the majority of the members are not paying members.

Spot on

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:35 am

I joined this club back in 2010, was certainly more active back then compared to now, I rarely get on here now. I still have my CJ (Approaching 300,000kms) and its getting old and tired. A lot of people have moved on and have other cars now. There were more cruises back in the old days. I was attending meets at least once a fortnight - 3 weeks both in Sydney and up here in QLD. Met a lot of awesome people on here as well.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:40 am

CoreyB wrote:And whatever happen to the "garage" part of this forum? Having your car attached to your profile with the list of modifications done was really cool to have, something I would like to see brought back

Agreed and should be looked at

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”