Replace Instrument Cluster

Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Re: Replace Instrument Cluster

Postby Lancer1993 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:05 pm

sarusa wrote:Wouldn't be easier to change the colour of the LED's rather then changing the whole unit?
Is there anyone in Melbourne that does this sought of work.

Personally my biggest beef with the instruments. Is its impossible to read the speedo due to reflection in daylight, when the sun is at a variety of angles.

If you're qualified with experience in this area then yes, otherwise NO. Its not a part that can be easily replace, besides the color screen is bigger so its not a strait swap. Just far easier to get someone to set the odometer and then its pretty easy to swap out the whole cluster.

Just do the research and take your time, took me maybe 30 min to get it out and little less to put things back together again.

Also swapping the whole cluster means you get a better speedo and rev counter, one thing I noticed right away was it was so much easier to see the correct speed, much better display.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:27 pm

I have been hunting thru this forum
The part numbers you need to know for colour screen swaps are

MI-8100B451
8100B801
8100C051
8100B724

Petrol ASX or outlander will be ok.check the tacho says 6500 rpm.double check the part number on the back of the instrument cluster.auto and manual use the same cluster.
Hope this helps.it is all here in the forum.you just need to spend ages reading thru threads and thats what i have done the past week or so just reading and learing and making notes on this topic.hope this helps

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:01 pm

If dealers were smart and knew there customers better they would offer this kind of upgrade. But I guess many customer either don't know or don't care. Like I said this would rank as one of my best mods, its useful, makes the car better to use and looks fantastic compared to the red ones.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:27 am

jg86tsv wrote:Thanks for the replies.

Pulled the trigger on this one off eBay from an 09 Outlander ZH. My lancer is a 2010.

How did you go with this cluster? Has it arrived? Is it colour? Does it work?

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 am

Lancer1993 wrote:
I know the speedo needs changing to match and have some leads on that in Brisbane but was hoping to get the cluster then fit it later, even if it's a few months time.

What do you mean by "speedo needs changing to match?"

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:40 pm

I think Craig is referring to the odometer reading being reset to the same as the original
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:30 pm

lancerdarryl wrote:I think Craig is referring to the odometer reading being reset to the same as the original

Cool. Thank you.i was a bit worried that i had missed something in my research on this topic. All good robin hood.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:11 pm

I wrote that over a year ago and had to think for a minute to work it out LOL

Yes I meter the odometer reading, mine is almost correct, the guy could not get an exact match. Apparently it's not like they plug it in and just change the reading, it's much trickier. But I noted the difference in my records, its like 100 or so kays out, no big deal.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I feel much better now.glad we sorted it all out. Greatly appreciated

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Good work, one big thing I noticed with the old one was going through the menu all the time. But with the color one it has more info on the screen at the same time, I just use it now to check the fuel usage v the distance left on the tank. Mostly I leave it on the Lt per 100km.

And one feature I found is you can make the blinker sound louder. Go through the settings menu to find it, can be a little annoying but its good to know its an option if you need a louder sound.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:15 am

The indicator/blinker volume can be changed if you have a colour or standard red display.if you open your owners manual (usually in the glove box) and read thru it there is a chapter dedicated to the instrument cluster and it shows the output from both the mono and colour displays and how to change everything it has to offer.its quite good reading.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:36 am

Like other I've used the louder blinker sound but turned it off after a few days, really annoying if you're waiting to turn for a long time!

Return to “Interior”