***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Repainting Ralliart Rear Bumper

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Braydoz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Repainting Ralliart Rear Bumper

Postby Braydoz » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Hey all

So I've got a 2010 VRX that I've finally decided to do some work to.
I've found a 13' Ralliart at the wreckers and am looking at getting the snorkel and rear bumper. My questions are, how much am I looking at for respraying just the bumper (it's orange, need it silver) and am I correct in thinking the Ralliart rear will fit my VRX no problems?

Also, what's the best way to go about going from the single tip VRX exhaust to dual tips? Buy the Ralliart muffler and tips while I'm at it?

Cheers

Nate N
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Re: Repainting Ralliart Rear Bumper

Postby Nate N » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Braydoz wrote:My questions are, how much am I looking at for respraying just the bumper (it's orange, need it silver) and am I correct in thinking the Ralliart rear will fit my VRX no problems?

The RA rear bar is a direct fit for the VRX so no dramas there. As for a respray, you'd probably be looking at $250-300 at a professional paint shop.

Braydoz wrote:Also, what's the best way to go about going from the single tip VRX exhaust to dual tips? Buy the Ralliart muffler and tips while I'm at it?

From memory, the RA exhaust is routed differently to the regular Lancers due to the rear diff so the muffler wouldn't be a direct bolt on. Also, besides the aesthetic benefits you won't get any real exhaust note or performance gains from an RA muffler. You're probably better off getting an aftermarket or custom dual tip setup for your VRX.

Braydoz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Braydoz » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:58 pm

You're probably better off getting an aftermarket or custom dual tip setup for your VRX.

What's a ballpark figure?

I'm getting the snorkel as well as a filter and hopefully get it tuned by Merlin at some point.
The bumper however is purely cosmetic.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:32 pm

The bumper is a straight fit except the exhaust as the ralliart exits more to yhe centre of the car. All i did was cut the exhaust off and took it to an exhaust shop who shortened the outlet to suit and also made a dummy pipe that matched

Nate N
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Nate N » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:55 am

Braydoz wrote:What's a ballpark figure?

I'm getting the snorkel as well as a filter and hopefully get it tuned by Merlin at some point.

A custom job should be in the $500-600 range. Not sure what the aftermarket options for the N/A Lancers are but a forum search should do the trick.

If you're planning to get it tuned, the biggest exhaust restriction is the stock cat so replacing it with a high-flow cat would yield some power.

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:32 am

Nate N wrote:
Braydoz wrote:What's a ballpark figure?

A custom job should be in the $500-600 range. Not sure what the aftermarket options for the N/A Lancers are but a forum search should do the trick.

If you're planning to get it tuned, the biggest exhaust restriction is the stock cat so replacing it with a high-flow cat would yield some power.

i got the axle back that fits both sedan and sportback, cost me $450 to get from the local exhaust shop, put in on myself no drama.
thinking of getting a full system once i'm off my P's
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

Braydoz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Braydoz » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Might start off with this rather than doing the whole axle back to fit the rear bumper; leave that for later. Depending on how much it is from the wreckers, I may buy the Ralliart rear and shelf it for later, or just look again when I'm ready to do the exhaust.

Cat, snorkel and filter plus a tune should yield some decent results. Just to refresh my memory, how much are Merlin's tunes generally?

mealsey
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mealsey » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Where'd you find the wrecking Ralliart mate?
Last edited by mealsey on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Lancer CJ 2.0L NA
8) Slow Life 8)

Braydoz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Braydoz » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Also, what's the best filter for a 4B12?
Looking at the TOG filter for $70. A lot of people seem to like the HKS Super Hybrids but they're twice the price.
Which one's the better option?

high-flow cat

Been looking around for High-Flow cats, but I'm not really sure where to look?
Any issues other than the O2 sensor engine light?

EDIT: I can get the HKS from overseas for $105. Worth the extra $35?

mealsey
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby mealsey » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Braydoz wrote:Also, what's the best filter for a 4B12?
Looking at the TOG filter for $70. A lot of people seem to like the HKS Super Hybrids but they're twice the price.

high-flow cat

Been looking around for High-Flow cats, but I'm not really sure where to look?

EDIT: I can get the HKS from overseas for $105. Worth the extra $35?

Any exhaust shop should be able to source you one with install or you can buy a branded one.

Just wondering, where abouts is there a wrecking Ralliart mate? I'm after a few parts myself.
2015 Lancer CJ 2.0L NA
8) Slow Life 8)

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Any of the cloth filters are good. I would not recommend an oil based air filter unless you drive on lots of dirt roads.
Yes a high flow cat will activate the cel. Just fit a short cel delete pipe in the second o2 sensor bung and it will then work fine .

Nate N
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Nate N » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Braydoz wrote:Also, what's the best filter for a 4B12?

With the N/A Lancers, I'd say that the difference between the various filters is pretty minimal. You're talking about maybe a KW or two at the high end. Most of the N/A guys seem to go with TOG or Blitz. I'm sure the HKS would be great but you're really just paying for the brand name with their products.

Braydoz wrote:Been looking around for High-Flow cats, but I'm not really sure where to look?

Magnaflow make one which is reportedly good. Other than that, the N/A guys will have to fill you in. O2 CEL is the only symptom you should get which is easily rectified with a CEL delete pipe for the O2 sensor or an ECU tweak when you get the tune.

Braydoz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Braydoz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:40 am

I've just ordered the TOG filter, should be here by the end of the week.
Also gave the wreckers a call to get a price on the snorkel but there was no answer. Sent them an email and will call them back later today.

Just wondering, where abouts is there a wrecking Ralliart mate? I'm after a few parts myself.

It's at Evolution Racing Spares, out around Penrith I believe. I'm in Newcastle so it's a pain, but hopefully I can get them to send it up to me and I'll pay cash on delivery. If not I'll head down on the weekend.

I'm sort of tempted to grab some other parts of the Ralliarts while I'm there. Maybe the steering wheel, but "wheel" see....get it?

As for the cat, there's a brakes and exhaust shop near me with a good rep, will give them a call soon and see how much it's likely to cost for them to source and install the cat and for me.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:03 am

Braydoz wrote:I've just ordered the TOG filter, should be here by the end of the week.
Also gave the wreckers a call to get a price on the snorkel but there was no answer. Sent them an email and will call them back later today.

It's at Evolution Racing Spares, out around Penrith I believe. I'm in Newcastle so it's a pain, but hopefully I can get them to send it up to me and I'll pay cash on delivery. If not I'll head down on the weekend.

I'm sort of tempted to grab some other parts of the Ralliarts while I'm there. Maybe the steering wheel, but "wheel" see....get it?

As for the cat, there's a brakes and exhaust shop near me with a good rep, will give them a call soon and see how much it's likely to cost for them to source and install the cat and for me.

Re RA snorkel $175 new from dealer.bought one myself. :D

Braydoz
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Braydoz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Re RA snorkel $175 new from dealer.bought one myself.

Did you need a Ralliart VIN? If so, how'd you go about it?

Got a call back from the wreckers and the snorkels are sold out. They're damn hard to find.

EDIT: Called a local exhaust shop this afternoon and got quoted "mid 300s" for replacing the cat. Seems pretty good to me but I could be wrong. How does this compare to the prices others have spent?

Return to “Exterior”