Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

jason8939
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Evo X Recaro seats for RA

Postby jason8939 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:39 pm

Hi guys

I just got Evo x recaro seats which is non Air bag type.

I'm trying to install tomorrow, but is there anything i need to be careful of ?

and If i disconnect the battery when i take off my RA fronts seats, air bag sign wont show up right ?

Also there is one plug at seat belt holder from the driver side, but nothing from the passenger side

is it cause popping up seat belt warning sign ?

Many thanks !

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Re: Evo X Recaro seats for RA

Postby SEB15 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:14 am

All the OEM "X" Recaro seats have airbags, might be out of an older model? SRS light will be "on" on the dash as the airbags from the seats are not connected anymore. As for the seatbelts i think is right, driver seat does not require a sensor to tell if there is anyone on the seat.
Be careful, your insurer might not cover you in case you have an accident

jason8939
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jason8939 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:20 am

SEB15 wrote:All the OEM "X" Recaro seats have airbags, might be out of an older model? SRS light will be "on" on the dash as the airbags from the seats are not connected anymore. As for the seatbelts i think is right, driver seat does not require a sensor to tell if there is anyone on the seat.
Be careful, your insurer might not cover you in case you have an accident

Yea its Oem and i think its from 08 or 09 Evo x , It was in really good condition, so I didnt think abt the air bag at tht time

Is there no way i can get rid of the Srs light ?

LiX
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby LiX » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:06 am

If you disconnect the battery before starting there should be no problem.
You should have air bags in the X Recaros. Previous generation evos didn't have air bags.

If you really don't have air bags, they can be emulated with a resistance, so that the SRS light will not go on.

jason8939
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby jason8939 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:52 am

LiX wrote:If you disconnect the battery before starting there should be no problem.
You should have air bags in the X Recaros. Previous generation evos didn't have air bags.

If you really don't have air bags, they can be emulated with a resistance, so that the SRS light will not go on.

Hey Lix, Do you know which resistor should i get ?

LiX
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby LiX » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:17 am

jason8939 wrote:Hey Lix, Do you know which resistor should i get ?

No, but you can measure the resistance on the connector with a multimeter tool.

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:47 am

If those seats do not have airbags and you fit them to your RA you will be driving a car that is not in a fit state to be registered and insured.It is a very grave mistake (and illegal) to remove or modify any safety system on your car.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:20 am

@ Jason8939

"ATTENTION"
lancerdarryl wrote:If those seats do not have airbags and you fit them to your RA you will be driving a car that is not in a fit state to be registered and insured.It is a very grave mistake (and illegal) to remove or modify any safety system on your car.

Your RA came "Factory OEM" fitted with "SRS AirBags" in the "Front Seats"
The Legislative Registration Departments in this Country (Australia) regulate the Legal Motor Vehicle Requirements which apply & differ from State to State. Your in Victoria.

However: One Area of Vehicle Compliance which is clearly Applicable in all States, is the "OEM Safety Fitted Devices"
SRS & Other Air Bags within the vehicle are "NOT TO BE DELETED/ISOLATED or MODIFIED from the MANUFACTURERS OEM APPLICATION/INSTALLATION.

The only way it would (probably :roll:) be OK if you were fitting EVO Seats with SRS Bags so that you remain & retain the original Compliance Certificate applicable to your year model.

With due respect to LIX from Bulgaria *yo*
LIX from Bulgaria wrote:If you disconnect the battery before starting there should be no problem.

I appreciate your interest & input in this CCJ Forum, however you should try to refrain from advising on matters of LEGAL / REGISTRATION COMPLIANCE / INSURANCE MATTERS which may differ form other countries.
Using Resistors to Override a SRS Warning in the Instrument Cluster may be allowed in your Country (which I doubt *nono*)
But It's "DEFINITELY ILLEGAL" here in Australia.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:41 pm

This is locked as it is inappropriate for the forum as it's very illegal and compromises the safety of car.

Return to “Interior”