***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Premium membership and Definition Files

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

COO86L
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Premium membership and Definition Files

Postby COO86L » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:51 am

Hey guys!!
Digging the new site. Only thing is, I can't find where to sign up to be a paid/premium member so I get me some stickers and also can access the definition files for my vehicle as I believe this is the right way to get them (so that the members that helped compile these get paid etc for their hard work).
If someone is able assist me with this it will be much appreciated!

Thanks guys!

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Re: Premium membership and Definition Files

Postby SAM-24A » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:07 am

@COO86L

You can become a Premium Member if you prefer, to get stickers etc, just PM contact JustinR or Kav91
It's very nice of you to suggest:
(so that the members that helped compile these get paid etc for their hard work).

However, this is NOT the case, those members originally involved (me included) in researching tuners,compiling & making available the Definition Files did so as act of loyalty & commitment to evolve the performance value of our Lancers for the benefit of the club and it's members.

If your interested in a Definition File for your particular Lancer model in order to ECU Tune your vehicle, then I strongly suggest you PM contact link = Merlin (CCJ's resident Virtual Dyno ECU Tuner)

Dave aka Merlin has tuned dozens of our Lancer with exceptional results & even traveled interstate to tune members cars via group booking arrangements.

I notice your in Lismore NSW just before the Queensland border.
Merlin lives at Whale beach (just south of Palm Beach) on Sydney's Northern Beaches.
You could make arrangements with Merlin to drive down to Sydney North for the day to meet and tune your Lancer.
The Tune will only take a few hours ... so you can return the same day.

You Should Seriously consider these Moderate Performance Mods before a Tune in order to achieve the Max Performance Benefit.
There are 4 Main & Only Performance Mods needed to increase the Performance value of your Lancer.
Here are the 4 Main Performance Mods you need to apply, and the Links for you to read through:
1) Air Intake ---- "IMPROVE - MAXIMISE INTAKE AIR FLOW"
2) Headers ------ "SUPER CIRCUIT" 4-2-1 HEADERS
3) Exhaust ------ A decent quality Stainless Steel Exhaust (2.0L) 2 1/4" or (2.4L) 2 1/2"
------------------- A 200cpi Catalytic Converter, Hi Flow Mufflers & Resonators.
Finally & Most Important/Absolutely Necessary.
4) ECU Tune ---- MERLIN -- "VIRTUAL DYNO" --- My Run Sheet from Merlin Virtual Dyno Tune

I can assure you the return drive home to Lismore will be more than satisfying in terms of Performance & Fuel Consumption.
Last edited by SAM-24A on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

COO86L
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby COO86L » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Hey Sam, thanks for the reply!!
Sorry, I don't seem to get email notifications here :(
I remember on the old website you used to be able to download the files if you were a paid member.

Merlin has actually already tuned my car! I really only want the definitions so I can have a fiddle with it myself. I've done a lot of work on my Toyota 86 and would love to have a play with this platform also.

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:00 pm

@COO86L
If all you want is a Definition File on your particular car, then simply contact Merlin and ask him.
I'm sure he will email it to you since you've already had it tuned by him.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

Return to “General Talk”