***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Unregistered car through cameras

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:55 am

aspir3 wrote:In todays world when your car is almost out of registration a sms, email or recorded phone call should be sent by motor registration department.

that option is available :) go to ezyreg and register and then you can get an email or sms reminder that your rego is about to expire
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:08 am

Lancerman wrote:I know a lot of people who have a good driving record and have had fines dismissed on appeal.

It's worth noting that Victoria stopped accepting this as an excuse to get away with speeding fines. They've removed it in September last year.

As for getting fined for no rego, I'm not sure if the point-to-point camera photo can be used as valid evidence for it. Cops do have a high-tech plate recognition system (one of only two technological advancements in Australia) that they run to catch unregistered cars. For now, it's fingers crossed the payment got through.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:51 am

billy boy wrote:that option is available :) go to ezyreg and register and then you can get an email or sms reminder that your rego is about to expire

Thanks Bill, I will have to go online to do this then. The other issue I have is I rely on Nina to pay all the bills, so if she forgets we receive a fine but I receive the demerit points.

It happened to me about 7 years ago I was driving my old car without registration because she forgot to pay it. A unmarked police car pulled in behind me at a hardware store and told me to pay it when I got home. he did not fine me. I did not drive it home. I instead rang Nina up who registered it online straight away. Luckily I did not have an accident because I would have been liable without insurance.

A reminder is a great idea.

blinklight
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blinklight » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:30 pm

sazman wrote:she probably get a fine as she had already gone through the point to point. sorry not a cheap fine either.

Simon is right, our point to point cameras do rego checks, can get you for speeding as well as average travel times. The fine is also pretty hefty :(
Greediest state government in the country :(
Annie's Merlinised Red Devil

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:22 am

blinklight wrote:Greediest state government in the country :(

That title goes to Victoria, pioneer of the mobile speed cameras. At least the cop there gave Troy a chance to rectify the problem of no rego, whereas here, we would have faced a fine of nearly the same amount as the rego itself.
///// /////

7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:26 am

The fine here in sa is like 1000-1100 from what I've been told.. that ain't cheap!

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:03 am

So just found this today...

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/ne ... oast+Daily

Basically he forgot his rego after moving and not updating his details, the speed camera's in the area detected his unregistered car.

Now this is for QLD but likely to happen in other states too.

So yes speed and other traffic camera's car be set up to detect number plates and if they have and issues.

This guy ended up with $3000 in fines but I do think with mobile phones and email there should be a backup, sending people a text or email and not just relying on your postal address.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “General Talk”