***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

105k Service Costs

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

105k Service Costs

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Got a service due soon (like this month) and have been told it's around $250-300.

This is on a 09 VRX and is the 105k service, had the big 90k one done about this time last year just before I picked up the car second hand. It's done about 10k in the last year and is on about 95k right now.

It's being done through a Cricks Mitsy dealer (the dealer I bought the car at) as part of the used car warranty contract, which lasts 5 more years.

What is the cost of this service normally or at other none dealer locations and what do they do?

Also I've already got the cabin filter and will be fitting it ASAP so that doesn't need to be touched.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Unfortunately they will probably follow the book to the letter, so if it calls for a new cabin filter they will do it anyway. I found a website that is like http://www.staticice.com.au (look up prices for electronics, you can use the online prices for haggling especially at places like The Good Guys) for car servicing, you select your car model, year, and postcode and it will give you online instant quotes from businesses taking part in it. You could at least use it for a price comparison. Yours is a different year and model of course, but I believe the price quoted is about right.

The website is https://www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au

At least that way you can get a guide of what the service costs are like in your area. Just make sure you put the model etc in correctly, and that you select auto to manual properly seeing as the service cost is different between the two. You don't need to enter your name, email, or phone number, just enter something like 'looking' for name, 'looking@home.com' for email and 0412345678 etc for phone. You are just having a look at the prices :).

If you or anyone does book through there, of course you should enter your correct details!

For your car, around $250-$300 isn't too bad. Just get a proper quote though as you don't want to think it's going to be $300 and they charge you $400 (doubt it, but never know).

If you car is a manual the $250-$300 quote for your area is quite reasonable (I looked it up), if it is auto it is a little pricey, but not overly so.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:00 pm

Yes it's a manual, thought autos would cost more?

I did ask about the cabin filter they said they check it but I will tell them it's been done and not to bother and if they do replace it I won't be paying for it.

I checked the service list, didn't realized they did the MT fluid at the 105k, since the 90k is meant to be the big service I thought it would have been done last year.

Need to also get the alignment checked, been about a year on these tires and wheels so far.

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:11 pm

I believe the manual may cost more at 105k because of the manual transmission service, the automatic gets done at a different interval.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:40 pm

its 90k for CVT and SST. but both should really be changed every 45k.

you also have a valve clearance somewhere at that interval.
plus also changing of serpentine belt and flush of power steering fluid.

the last two items are not listed in the book but generally get done at that interval.

you don't need to replace the belt if you had it done under warranty recently.
K+N drop in
RA intake
SS 4-2-1 Headers
Whiteline Strut Brace
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
SuperPro Polyurethane Bushings
Paddle Shifters

Merlinised

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Yeah the belts were done last year on the recall.

I'll also have to check when the coolant and brakes were last done, they're every 2 years.

Return to “Maintenance”