***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Drive Belt Recall for 2008-2011 Lancers

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

seanomccool
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby seanomccool » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm

I can confirm VRX can be affected.

big_d
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby big_d » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:45 am

Mitsubishi New Zealand say NZ new models are not affected & that they have not been informed of any recall or defect surrounding the Drive Belt.

Nothing on their website either – http://www.mmnz.co.nz/recalls/

It's weird, as my VIN number falls into the range listed on the Australian government website – https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/item ... Notice.pdf

:?

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:46 pm

I went to have it replaced on Friday but apparently there is a shortage of parts and they had no idea when they'd get the part in.

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Mine went to Knox today and is now waiting for parts. Also waiting for a new seal for the SST which had a small leak
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

triplenet
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby triplenet » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:45 am

did mine at Knox mit today took only 1 hour :)

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:45 am

I originally had it booked for the 17th April at Suttons Arncliffe but i had work so i had it booked in at Chullora instead (i got it in the same day i booked which was earlier than the original ;))
All done and happy that i was finally bothered to get it done
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

sirlancerlot
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby sirlancerlot » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:46 pm

that would explain why when i went in for my warranty on my oil leak i had belts changed too!

SEB15
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby SEB15 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:14 am

ok, long story short... nearly 5 months now and nothing.... Called Mitsu few weeks ago to see what is going on and they said they are waiting for a 3rd part, but they can book it in and get the service done and inspect the 3rd part (not sure what is the 3rd part,) and if is in good cond they will leave it as is till the new one will arrive.
So the car was booked in for last week (Wednesday) and also told them about my ABS issue and told them to get it checked. Anyway got a voice message from them later on that day to let me know the car is ready to be picked up... and guess what! they haven't done anything to it apart of plugging the scan tool in it. When i started to question why, they said the RA has a different engine than N/A Lancer and they have to order the parts for a 4B11T *frusty* *frusty* *frusty* so maybe i have to wait another 5 months till the other parts will arrive. My dash cam footage shows they just drove the car up and down in the work shop and a few mechanics scratching their heads aroud it and other mechanics coming around and checking my performance mods
As per ABS pump they RECON is faulty and needs to be replaced (but i haven't got a sure answer) as they checked the voltage in the wiring loom and everything seems to be fine, side note, i haven't got a dash error in 2 weeks now, i believe it was just a battery issue as the car is not getting driven much lately, maybe once/week

Viking
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Viking » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:54 pm

Finally got the VRX booked in to have the parts installed - only been waiting since February / March.

They reckon 2.5 hours to get it all sorted.

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:26 pm

I think i just missed this on last service

Do Mitsu Dealers care if you have aftermarket parts in your car?

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:29 pm

It shouldn't matter if you have aftermarket parts as long as it's not interfering with the drive belts.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:29 pm

they only will care if it affects their ability to change the recalled part.
they follow instructions from the corporate side on how to replace parts how many techs and how long it will take.

for recalls they only get to credit a certain number of minutes\hours for their techs to work on your car.
This is so you do not pay anything for the job and the dealership cannot be out of pocket for the work.

If your vehicle is that heavily modified (ie non bolt on parts) honestly you would be going there to pickup free parts and doing it on your own.

Trouble
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Trouble » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:04 pm

himynameisdaniel wrote:they only will care if it affects their ability to change the recalled part. they follow instructions from the corporate side on how to replace parts how many techs and how long it will take. for recalls they only get to credit a certain number of minuteshours for their techs to work on your car. This is so you do not pay anything for the job and the dealership cannot be out of pocket for the work. If your vehicle is that heavily modified (ie non bolt on parts) honestly you would be going there to pickup free parts and doing it on your own.

Mines pretty basic so shouldnt be an issue - all bolt on

So i should just call up and its a free belt service?

Viking
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Viking » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:28 pm

OK, mine's done.

They replaced the following parts, if anyone is curious:

- V-ribbed Belt Na W/H - MMW400118
- Tensioner Assy, Drv B - MMW400123
- Oc Pulley Assy, Idler Na - MMW400125

There used to be an annoying whine that changed volume / pitch with engine speed. Hopefully that's gone now.

elementrb
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby elementrb » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Finally Done, Nundah Mitsi sorted it. Though they had to apologise as the tensioner was faulty (apparently a batch have been faulty) and they will order a replacement and book me back in.

Sweet.
~2009 Lancer RA Sportback~
~Mods: Custom intake, TD05, TurboSmart Kompact BOV, Hyperflow 100cell Cat, Hyperflow catback exhaust and upgrade IC, 2.5" IC piping kit, GS 3-Port, NA AUtosport Dyno Tune, Optima Redtop in the boot, Koya Racing SF01 18x9 +35, BC BR Coilovers, EvolutionX Designs Coilcover~

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”