***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Drive Belt Recall for 2008-2011 Lancers

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:56 pm

belle_tb_ES wrote:Id ask for a copy for your own records. ..just in case

They said apparently there isn't anything they need to give you my regular dealer told me!

belle_tb_ES
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby belle_tb_ES » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:01 pm

I spose if you sold the car...you could tell the new owners to call Mitsu as proof lol
PRESENT: 2015 Audi S3

PAST:2009 Lancer ES called Lancee...

Garage: http://clubcj.net/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=947
I

markalishous
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby markalishous » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:21 am

Does this apply to lancers that were bought second hand? Do Mitsubishi replace the possibly faulty parts for free even if you are not the original owner?

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:26 am

markalishous wrote:Does this apply to lancers that were bought second hand? Do Mitsubishi replace the possibly faulty parts for free even if you are not the original owner?

goes for any cj lancer if it falls under the recall list

eg my bfs mum had bought a cj privately and she rang mits told them the vin number and she got it fixed yesterday for free
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

markalishous
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby markalishous » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:32 am

Awesome thank you for your help i bought mine from a dealer second hand but i will call my local dealer directly and hit them up to change it for me.

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:34 am

markalishous wrote:Awesome thank you for your help i bought mine from a dealer second hand but i will call my local dealer directly and hit them up to change it for me.

no probs dw so did i

i bought mine second hand too and my is on the recall list getss done on the 23rd of this month dropping it off at 8am and i wont get it back till around 12pm
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker

(cj-red)

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:40 pm

markalishous wrote:Awesome thank you for your help i bought mine from a dealer second hand but i will call my local dealer directly and hit them up to change it for me.

I had mine doe free of charge and I bought mine second hand through a dealer and as Kayla said too my mum bought a CJ Lancer secondhand recently privately, you just need to ring Mitsubishi and quote them the cars VIN number and they should then be able to fix it for free!

Also it might be worth ringing Mitsubishi head office and get them to change the details regarding who owns the car now! :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:08 pm

I would hope they would give each car a report on what they found so you can keep it for future references.

efod3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby efod3 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:04 pm

You should get something like this from your dealer in terms of paperwork from a recall. This is from my wife/partner type who had a recall on her Outlander.

I haven't taken the RA in yet, haven't got a letter, happy to wait, but will do so soon.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:22 pm

Also have not received a letter but I rang up Suttons Arncliffe anyway, just gave them my rego, they checked in the system and asked me if i'd like to book it in.

Unfortunately they are very busy cause of this recall the earliest I could get was January 9. It was llike a 2 minute phone call. No hassle.

pneill
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby pneill » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Yeah same got booked in for Jan for outlander 2010 model.
MY15 Ralliart Lancer - Titanium

efod3
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby efod3 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:14 pm

No letter, no drama, but was out this morning and figured I'd drop in and ask at the local Mitsu shop which is where I bought the car, yes, second hand for those who have asked they will do it. The service guy, who I quite like, looks it up and say's 'yeah', so we book it in for next Tuesday. Done and dusted...

Get a call a couple of hours later, apparently under the recall (maybe all recalls, I really don't know) they can only order parts once under a VIN, so now it goes in for checking next Tuesday, then based on that they'll order parts, belt sounds like a given but pulleys optional depending on what they find/decide.

This apparently only applies to turbo models, RAs and EVOs. And my local dealer isn't exactly selling squilions (a technical term) of them. He mentioned so far they had 1 RA in for this. Will hassle them about needing an RA\EVO trained technician working on the car.

jaykan2k
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jaykan2k » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Booked in for the 06/01/15 @ Suttons Arncliffe. Looks like there will be a few of us visiting the dealership on the same week.

SchumieFan
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby SchumieFan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:05 pm

I only got my letter today... it's the accessory (ancillary) belt

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”