***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Help needed!: ASC "Service Required" Error

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

El-Diablo
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby El-Diablo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:49 am

What year is it and how far out of warranty?

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Kate Have you spoken with your local Mitsubishi service center about your ABS pump ?
It might be worth a try to ask them if they will help you out with the payment for a replacement , I would be sussed in buying a second hand one as one wouldn't know how long that would last *noidea*

My car was out of warranty & Mitsubishi helped with mine !
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Kate
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Kate » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:52 pm

El-Diablo - It is an 2008, less than 12 months out of warranty :-)

Kate
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Kate » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:55 pm

DORA_ANNE - I did call them last week, I explained what happened, but really only asked for the price of a new pump... They didn't offer or say anything other than the price really... Did you go in to your local shop or call first?? I am not overly excited about getting a 2nd hand one either, but I haven't had ABS since I bought the car, so I figured I can't really stuff it up any more... Besides, I want to sell my car for a white one.. I have never owned a black car before, won't do it again - Way to hard to maintain... Lol

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Kate I have always had my services done at my local Mitsubishi service center & I asked them to check out the ABS warning light while my car was in for it's last service , Mine too is a 2008 & the lady at the center I spoke to said to let anyone in ClubCJ to front Mitsubishi if they have the same pump go as they have replaced a few & she said the more people who let Mitsubishi aware they may do a recall on the % of complaints !

If you would like I could give this lady a ring for you & to try & get some advice for you or I could give you her phone number if you prefer to talk to her .

lancer_vr
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby lancer_vr » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:24 am

I have the same issue with my cj vr the asc light is on. anyone know what mitsubishi charges to service this?

ive put an obd 2 on it no codes but the car was previously sitting for over a year before i purchsed it
Owner of Divine BodyWorks
Perth WA

markalishous
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby markalishous » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:24 am

I have had this problem for the last year and have just put up with it. It doesn't really affect my day to day driving so i have just dealt with it. Pretty disappointing to here that Mitsubishi is aware of this obvious safety issue and hasn't done a recall though. Mine is on constantly and never goes off so im pretty sure that my abs pump is stuffed will keep an eye out for a second hand one though. does anyone know how much of a pain these things are to change?

4B11LA
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby 4B11LA » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:28 pm

hi i am privately dismantling a 2012 CJ still have the ABS
pm me

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:44 pm

lancer_vr wrote:I have the same issue with my cj vr the asc light is on. anyone know what mitsubishi charges to service this? ive put an obd 2 on it no codes but the car was previously sitting for over a year before i purchsed it

Not sure what Mitsubishi would charge Nicky !

markalishous wrote:I have had this problem for the last year and have just put up with it. It doesnt really affect my day to day driving so i have just dealt with it. Pretty disappointing to here that Mitsubishi is aware of this obvious safety issue and hasnt done a recall though. Mine is on constantly and never goes off so im pretty sure that my abs pump is stuffed will keep an eye out for a second hand one though. does anyone know how much of a pain these things are to change?

Mitsubishi said to me to tell anyone on ClubCJ to inform them if their ABS pump has failed as the more people tell them they will look into a recall but a recall needs a certain % of failed parts to do a recall .... A few lancer owners look at buying a second hand part & installing it them self's which is fair enough because of costs then again Mitsubishi wouldn't know about these faults & wouldn't count towards the % they need to do a recall !

Bagman
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Bagman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:04 pm

I drive a VRX 2008 model (new in Nov 2007). My car has travelled 75000km and has this same problem with the ABS warning light.

I've put this up to Mitsubishi Customer Service as a request for assistance but they have politely declined. The car is 7 years old, that's why they won't entertain it. Still, it seems there is a known fault and it's rather tacky that a company should profit from their own poor manufacture.

So I'm up for the best part of $3,000 with no certainty that this won't happen again.

Certainly something for people to think about if considering purchasing one of these cars.

Brightsbane
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Brightsbane » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:53 pm

I have a 2009 VR and have just had this happen to me - faulty ABS module. The car is just out of warranty. I've had it diagnosed by a Mitsubishi dealer (Brisbane Southside) and am now waiting to hear if Mitsubishi will be offering any support. It's only done 55K so pretty annoyed. The car has always been serviced by a Mitsubishi dealer except for the last one and I was definitely given a strong impression that this will count against me.

Brightsbane
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby Brightsbane » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:59 am

Update to my last post...... Mitsubishi are covering 100% of the ABS module. I just have to cover the labour. Pretty happy with that as I think its a fair outcome.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:51 am

That,s great news Peter :D

Bagman wrote:I drive a VRX 2008 model (new in Nov 2007). My car has travelled 75000km and has this same problem with the ABS warning light. Ive put this up to Mitsubishi Customer Service as a request for assistance but they have politely declined. The car is 7 years old, thats why they wont entertain it. Still, it seems there is a known fault and its rather tacky that a company should profit from their own poor manufacture. So Im up for the best part of $3,000 with no certainty that this wont happen again. Certainly something for people to think about if considering purchasing one of these cars.

Have you had your's fixed yet Paul ? If not might need to push the issue with Mitsubishi again ? They must have some evidence that this is a known problem ! When I had mine fixed the lady at Mitsubishi said that a few of their customers had the same problem & they should be calling a recall on the fault ! And it seems to be mainly 2008,s Lancers & just out of warranty :(

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:04 pm

I've had a weird issue with the brakes when I first got my 09 VRX, I posted the details else where but the basic are there was a knocking sound under heavy braking.

Know this could have been wheel/tire related as I had new tires and some wheels which would vibrate at HWY speeds. I've since had the wheels replaced and the knocking had gone away.

But I have noticed when doing emergency stops (to test for the knocking) how easy my VRX is to lock up the brakes, before the ABS kicks in. Also getting wheel spin for a second with the traction control still on, even in the dry. I just though it wouldn't have any of that compared to my CC coupe which has nothing in the way of driver aids.

I've never noticed any warnings on the dash for ABS.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Maintenance”