***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Help needed Reverse Camera 24pin wiring loom

Alarms, Smart Key, Batteries, Wiring, Engine/Computer Management & Racing Chips.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Newton1!
INACTIVE Member Account

Help needed Reverse Camera 24pin wiring loom

Postby Newton1! » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:46 am

I have an MMCS that I thought I would get a reverse camera in.

The sparkie pulled out all the wires in the 24 pin plug to install the camera.

Now I don't know which order they go back in and he has washed his hands.

Does anyone have a photo or diagram of what co our wires are in and out where with the reversing camera?

I have guesses and got everything working except Bluetooth and you guessed it - the reversing camera!

I would greatly appreciate any advice any at all

Really anything

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:42 am

Hello New Member Newton1(James)

Seems like you just joined in the early hours on this morning because you couldn't sleep over the MMCS & Reverse Camera wiring problem you and your Sparkie washed his hands off.

Well all is not lost James, I'm sure someone on there will give you an answer sooner or later to sort out your "Wiring Woes" or "Will They"

After-all, isn't that the only reason you joined for, to get "Free Help - Advice - Assistance". ?
Never mind introducing your self as requested in the First Line of "New Members"

Just get a "Quick Fix" answer without telling us about "Who You Are".

Just My Mind-Full Opinion and I Hope that the Admin of ClubCJ take note and consider a "Joining Fee" to Deter this type of "Free for All" membership which is becoming more & more apparent.

Sam.
Sam ..... *thumb*
Merlinised MIVEC - AspiRe 2.4L

Newton1!
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Newton1! » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:29 am

Wow Sam, no time for a coffee this morning!

Seriously - mods if you feel Sam is indicative of your membership feel free to delete my membership.

Don't mind being asked to do something that is done in error but your attitude SUX Sam.

To everyone else, sorry if I offended.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:10 am

Hi James , Welcome To ClubCJ ..... I Don't feel you have offended as you say "Done in error " .... I too joined up and straight away asked about some Taillights and as I was all new to a car forum I in error didn't introduce myself as I should of " My Bad ".... But Not the end of the world 8) ....

The Guys are really helpful on ClubCJ and Sam is really a good guy ... LOL Maybe Sam has had his coffee *tea*

Regards Doreen :)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Newton1!
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Newton1! » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:49 am

Thanks. I will fill it out ASAP but am traveling so on iPhone till tomorrow

Hey Sam. :) Want to play friendly? Promise I won't bite any more :D

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:17 am

James,

perhaps ClubCJ and you got off on the wrong note.
SAM-24A doesn't speak for the club but as a Senior Mod, perhaps I can interject.

From where Sam (who is indeed a valued member of this forums) and many of the veterans of this club are sitting, we have seen countless numbers "one posts wonders".
They come on ask a question, get their answers then leave.
Some even start new accounts to ask another question and then do the same thing.

The club provides alot of its knowledge base for free and many people ask WHY should they pay and stay? A$40? Why bother? I can get the same information for free!
It's one of the things this club's administration has had to put into perspective every time we ask for renewals and new memberships.
So far we've opted to keep things freely available. In a way, your response to this will affect how this admin decides policy moving forward.

We've adopted an honour system hoping that people who make use of the knowledge we provide will hopefully contribute back.

If you question what's in it for you like the rest? Consider that I have helped many people in my time here and you won't believe the treatment I cop in return (you might want to read about my adventures below in the signature). The one that takes the cake for me is that despite being the one on this forum to work independently to get ALL of the NA definition files for ECU tuning out for this club, I am still without a fully tuned vehicle while a couple of people have already gotten their cars tuned using def files I originally formulated. Still doesn't prevent me helping people. Life in a way goes on.

There is one way the information you want may be obtained:
Someone on this club with a MMCS has to rip open his dash to take a picture for you.

Now my question to you is, would you do this for anyone??

Fortunately, I was given the entire wiring harness for a CJ Lancer early on for helping a wrecker, so I can get the picture for your without ripping apart my dash.

Here is your image:

I guess the next thing we have to see is how appreciative you are to information provided.

Do you sign up as a premium member, recognising how the club has helped you out? Or do you confirm SAM's treatment of you and perhaps enhance the belief the admin is considering of making this a PAID ONLY forum.

As with club policy so far, I leave the choice to you. Please at least say thank you should you choose to leave.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Newton1!
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Newton1! » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks Ofey

I do appreciate the effort. Sincerely Thank You.

I to have been burnt by people who are anonymous on a forum so I do see the point.

As I said I am traveling but WILL complete the details tomorrow when not tapping this tiny phone with giant fingers.

Thanks again. Genuinely appreciated!

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi James,

I apologise if I offended you with my reply, but you must understand why and where I'm coming from with regards to first time post's by previously unknown new members.

I'm sure others will concur with me, that far to often, certain people just register and join this ClubCJ because they have heard or been told of our free and helpful nature.

Consequently, those helpful and obliging members within spend and provide much assistance to these new members in order to make them feel welcomed and provided for,
as would be the case toward any other longer standing member.

Basically, we don't differentiate or treat "Blow-In's" any different to others.

However, as it's occurred on so many occasions, those new "Feed & Fly" members, despite their Affirmative Promises to consider Higher Membership Status,
use our Resources and Knowledge to get what they want and Disappear quicker than they Appeared.

James, I'm not suggesting you pay or become a Premium Member in return for our assistance, since it is not the manner in which this Club operates.

Your Sudden Membership followed by a "Request for Help" without any Introduction or Announcement of yourself just sounded the "Feeder - Flyer Alarm Bells" once again.

Perhaps you are Genuine and far from those 1-off "Feeder - Flyer" type members, it's just that your Intro certainly didn't portrait you that way.

Anyway, Ofey, (as I knew he would), has provided you with the help you requested.
I hope it helps you resolve your wiring woes and perhaps we can look forward to some thankful input from you in future posts.

Enjoy your Easter break James and remember, you are always welcome to call upon the very helpful CCJ membership within this Forum.

Regards: Sam :wink:
PS: I love Coffee and Always Enjoy a good Italian Espresso.
Sam ..... *thumb*

Newton1!
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Newton1! » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:47 am

Thanks Sam

Looking forward to an Expresso :)

Filled out my hello and Subscribed.

Only fair I reckon I got exactly what I asked for (and More :lol: )

Have a great Easter and thanks

James

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:50 am

Hi James welcome to the club.

You dont get away with it that easy. :razz:

Can we see some pictures of your car and especially the reverse camera.

I am very interested. Did you fit it on the boot or above the number plate like i did?

SAM-24A
Alumni
Alumni

Postby SAM-24A » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:08 am

Hey James, here is a link to various ways on Reverse Camera Installs;

Fitting Rear Camera

sam.
Sam ..... *thumb*

Newton1!
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Newton1! » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:22 am

Embarrassed to say it is currently hanging by electrical tape in the boot until I can get the (@#@#%@) MMCS into the back paddock, blast it with a shotgun and buy a decent unit! (IMHO)

It will be above the number plate I hope in due course.

Strangely dont have photos but will get some. Can probably post some of my triton if that helps!!!!!!! :shock:

PS Thanks Sam

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:29 am

If you need any help please just ask. I have a how to on the link Sam gave you. If that does not help please contact one of us who has done it.

You will find Ofey, Sam and myself very help full if you need it. I am happy to discuss it over the phone.

I dont mind the MMCS. I dont like that you can not play DVD's while driving but I fitted DVD headrests so that fixed that problem.

I am interested in the Triton as I am hope fully ordering one next week.

Newton1!
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Newton1! » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:34 am

Triton has been a great car for me.

I have about 55Kms on it.

The negatives:

Seats can be uncomfortable with little lumbar support but that can be fixed with an add on - if you want it let me know and I can climb under the seat covers and let you know the brand.

The diesel is NOISY! They have a problem with the diesel system resulting in excessive diesel chatter. Mitsu have now released a Diesel Fuel System cleaner (Part # MZ100722EX) it is put in a tank of fuel every 15000km I have just put in my first and it is great so far (about 1000km)

They are sluggish - I have a chip it with EGR Blank and sprint booster. All worth their weight in gold (Dont tell dealer)

If you get the MMCS you do not get all the trip features - not a big one but the brochure is a little hard to read in that regard. If you install a scanguage II you get most back.

MMCS maps are 2007 - just get some subaru ones and you will be fine

Towbar is VERY low - i would get aftermarket if you can

mmmm reading this you can see which car I drive and which the wife drives - hope she never reads this.

All in all - Love that car!

Newton1!
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Newton1! » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:38 am

Almost forgot - Prices vary wildly across the state depending on a few things

I used a car buying group (Private fleet I think) and saved almost $8000 :lol:

Had to drive almost 1000km but it was worth it

Servicing is VERY expensive but only every 15000 km

Return to “Electrical”