***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Some Impressive Results from Tuning EVO X

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

mr_evo
Alumni
Alumni

Postby mr_evo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm just curious as I am looking at what options I have. I'm considering changing turbo soon as I want more than what I can get out of the stock turbo... Which is a shame because it is a good little turbo :)

Jase
:D I'm back baby! :D
Enkei - HKS - Turbosmart - Cosworth- TMW - Defi - DeatschWerks

Mixedmotorsportmedia
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Mixedmotorsportmedia » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:09 pm

im very interested in talking to you guys.. i have had a few issues with my car... alot to be with holding boost.. tuning is with ECUtek its only making 196kw at 16 psi.

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:50 am

I'm pretty happy so far with my RPW reflash. Can definitely feel the stronger pull at low rpm and the surge at high rpm! Even improves fuel economy I think.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:07 am

how do you get an ecu reflash? like fly the car to perth? sorry to be a noob. i want to get a reflash before a tune seeing ill be just doing a catback + intake. intake part is done just the cat back. couldnt decide on what muffler to use i dont want to be pushing the sst too much as its going to be a $15k replacement. just something to up the power as my turbo drops at around 6k. is that a common problem or its just my car?!

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 am

LaNcE wrote:how do you get an ecu reflash? like fly the car to perth? sorry to be a noob. i want to get a reflash before a tune seeing ill be just doing a catback + intake. intake part is done just the cat back. couldnt decide on what muffler to use i dont want to be pushing the sst too much as its going to be a $15k replacement. just something to up the power as my turbo drops at around 6k. is that a common problem or its just my car?!

An ECU reflash requires either you bring you car or your ECU itself to the place that's doing it. Without speculating on the strength of the SST, I'll just say there are alot of cars in the US with SST running way more HP than you will get out of a tune + catback + intake. I haven't read of any sub 400 hp guys grenading their SST. As for your 6k drop in power, yeah that normal. You'll find that with the stock tune your boost will drop from somewhere in the 20s to the mid teens. Be thankful you still have boost to 6k, my Mazda starts closing the throttle plate at 5.5k :cry:

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:48 pm

It is possible for you to DIY the flash tune using a USB flashing cable which plugs into your CANBUS port but probably best not to do this if you don't know what you're doing as it can be quite damaging.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

LaNcE
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby LaNcE » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:03 am

maybe! if you still got all the files maybe you can do it for me?with incentives of your choice. flights for you and your misses totally up to you. as the car is flying with me in august to have the car rego'd. i know its stupid as i live in vic atm and the car is rego'd in nsw. but i really want to keep my plates. LOL

Nuliaj
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Nuliaj » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 am

I don't believe that was an offer for help, merely a suggestion that it can be done by those with the know how. Generally speaking you don't just go slap a tune on a car without some kind of tuning process (hence the phrase) either via a dyno or road + logging.

From the sounds of it, what you're looking for is something like http://cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3942 which is a complete package, however it's still not available in Australia.

What you need to do is go have a look through the forums or PM some of the guys from Vic/NSW and ask them where they got their tunes done, and maybe ask if they'll take you for a drive. To be perfectly honest though, this forum is not targetting the hardcore mods or tuning, so visiting some of the other evo forums might give you some more info.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:36 am

LaNcE wrote:maybe! if you still got all the files maybe you can do it for me?with incentives of your choice. flights for you and your misses totally up to you. as the car is flying with me in august to have the car rego'd. i know its stupid as i live in vic atm and the car is rego'd in nsw. but i really want to keep my plates. LOL

no need for all that mate , there's heaps of capable tuner in VIC that have experience dealing with the evo x. Check out creatd motorsports / RE customs / techsport / chasers(not sure if they've done the X but they've done lots of previous evo and gtr).
Lancer Evolution 10MR

ClubspecCustomDesigns
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby ClubspecCustomDesigns » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:48 am

Creatd Motorsports is tuning an EVO X MR tommorow ex PMR EVO. Should be intresting.

Creatd did and EVO X sst a couple of weeks ago with only a catback system the car made 210kw atw. Before the tune it made 167kw atw that a big increase.
Looking for that ultimate ride??
ClubSpec Custom Designs
www.facebook.com/ClubspecCustomDesigns

Return to “Evolution X Performance”