***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Club CJ Tipping Competitions

Have some Fun! Make or Participate in ClubCJ Forum Games & Activities.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Club CJ Tipping Competitions

Postby ofey » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:00 am

Well it's here again, the AFL season's about to start.

I'll be running 2 competitions this year:

1. AFL Dream Team &
2. Footy Tipping

For 1:
If you're keen to partake, either send me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the Club CJ League.
OR
you can go straight to DreamTeam @ AFL and enter the LEAGUE CODE - 101374 manually. 16 Teams Max.

Weekly Prize: 1000pts for the top team
Season Prize: 10,000pts for the End of Year Winner

For 2:
If you think picking players is much too much of a hassle and just want abit of a punt, join here. Password can be obtained by PM to me.

Weekly Prize: 1000pts for the top tipster each week.
Season Prize: 10,000pts for the End of Year Winner

Hope to see many of you join up.
Last edited by ofey on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:59 am, edited 8 times in total.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:35 pm

As a bump people, see above.

The FIFA World Cup starts this weekend and if you're up for it, why don't you join the Club CJ World Cup Tipping Competition?

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:44 pm

i always like Brazil , but i think this year's world cup will be Spain's
Lancer Evolution 10MR

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:01 pm

I don't know anything about Soccer (or Football :roll:) but I joined anyway haha

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Favorites don't always win it. Some thoughts:

Spain will find their group a cakewalk. Then will find themselves up against Portugal or Brazil. Then if they negotiate that may find themselves up against one of : Netherlands, Cameroon, Italy or Slovakia.

Things will reveal themselves as they go along but in the meantime, some intriguing first games would be:

South Korea Vs Greece : Greece is rated as the favourite here. I think a decent punt on South Korea would be worthwhile. If you do handicapping, a one goal head start for South Korea is a very decent chance at very decent odds.

England Vs USA : I think England will do well not to underestimate the US. A draw for the US is enough as they will aim to beat either Algeria or Slovenia plus England never do well on day 1. The poms tend to make things difficult first then sort themselves out. Half time draw here may be a worthwhile punt.

Netherlands Vs Denmark : My personal favorites are the Dutch but now without Robben, their 4-3-3 may not be any more. Don't underestimate Denmark. They've always done well in big tournaments. I would say this game will end up with a pretty high corner count considering both teams use wingers all the time.

Ivory Coast Vs Portugal : Looking for a shock? I think if Drogba is fit, the Ivorians may just do it. Both Ivorian full backs are very good players (Eboue of Arsenal and Boka of VFB Stuttgart). Now with Nani out, Portugal will go with Ronaldo and Simao. If the 2 Ivorians can cancel these 2 out, They have enough strength in the team to boss the middle of the park. Sven is no idiot when it come to tactics and you can be sure he will plan well to contain Ronaldo and Simao. I can't see Deco doing it for Portugal against Yahya Tourre in midfield.

Brazil Vs North Korea : Some bookies will let you bet on Red Cards. There will be one here I think. Either the North Koreans being too slow and catch the brazilians on fouls (2 yellows = red) or the Brazilians will get so frustrated by the sheer fitness of the Koreans, they'll just get themselves sent off.

Spain Vs Switzerland : The Swiss are quite a physical outfit and I see Spain as being technically very strong but they have players of smallish built and against a strong Swiss group may find it hard in the first game.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:27 pm

SO just to keep you boys updated:

Game 1: South Africa Vs Mexico 1-1 : A$500 Bet on Mexico on a Draw No Bet = A$0
Game 2: France Vs Uruguay 0-0 : A$200 bet on Draw = +A$400
Game 3: Greece Vs Korea = A$200 bet on Korea on a Draw no bet + A$50 bet on Korea to win the 1st half at level handicap =
Game 4: Argentina Vs Nigeria = A$100 bet on Argentina Win + A$50 bet on Argentina to score at anytime =
Game 5: England Vs USA = A$100 on England Win
Game 6:

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:21 pm

korea's doing pretty damn good , greece barely get any shot on targets
Lancer Evolution 10MR

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Korea are no pushovers. I think too much has been made of the Greeks. They needed to get to the WC off a playoff. And their group was actually simple.

There is some value in this world cup you just need to look for it.

I wish I had gone for a bigger bet on the Koreans but everything looks good in hindsight.

Greece's problem really is many of the players are playing out of position. Samaras is a striker for Celtic and in this Greek system he's playing left wing. At our level it's fine but at this level, position is crucial.

I just realised the Argentina game gives us some value in the Argentina to lead at half time. 1.90 odds.

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:12 pm

I did not realised it had started, so I missed the first 3 games

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:26 pm

So in case you boys want to have a bit of a punt this world cup but are lost when it comes to soccer and punting in general, feel free to refer to the first post of this thread. You don't have to bet at the levels I do. I've been doing this for awhile now and I find the money kind of evens itself out so if you're prepared to lose tens of dollars, just scale accordingly. I never start out thinking how much I want to win but how much I'm prepared to lose. My threshold is A$1,000.00 which is why I bet in the 100s.

As an assistance, I will now re-edit the listing by units. The large the number of units, the more confident I am of the bet or the more I think the bet is of value.

Good luck boys... . Hopefully I win you boys a few mods... .

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:27 pm

Greece players were totally out of position , so many times when a player cross to the center , there wasn't any players there and they barely made any shot on targets

i must say the Koreans are playing really well and there's surely more from them in this world cup.
Lancer Evolution 10MR

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:48 pm

I don't think the Koreans were that good. They won because Greece was pretty shoddy position-wise.

If you noted, the Koreans had a non-existant central midfield. It was pretty porous. Their striker had a good game only because the Greeks were pretty disorganised. Against a more comprehensive team who know how to control the midfield, the Koreans will struggle.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:50 am

that was a good first half , after seeing how nigeria play , korea might have a really hard time to qualify to the group

messi is amazing , each time he starts to dribble the ball , something is bound to happen
Lancer Evolution 10MR

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:55 am

I have 2 problems with Argentina: Hinguain and DiMaria.
They're not worth their place in the team.

Looking at their bench, Milito and Maxi Rodriguez would do much better.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Right, 6 games into the world cup and I'm 6.5 units up. This is going pretty well for the moment.

Slovenia were bloody lucky. They played crap all game. I reckon you can safely bet against them in both remaining games. Algeria were by far the better side but threw the game away after they brought on an idiot of a striker with a mohawk hair do. Got booked 2 minutes after coming on, our idiot went on to handle in the box when he couldn't stretch for a header.

The goal was a godsend. Goal keeper should have stopped it.

Now on we go.

I'm thinking Serbia should edge an Essian-free Ghana. Ghana still have some outstanding players, watch their captain - Appiah, he should be a marathon runner. Wonderful engine and very experienced. In addition to this, they have Inter's Muntari (suspect fitness), Gyan and Asamoah. But really missing will be Ghana.

Serbia has a clutch of stars: Their 2 center halves: Ivanovic and Vidic play for the number 1 and 2 football clubs in England. Krasic and Stankovic are amongst the most talked about central midfielders in Europe. Stankovic winning the European cup with Inter. Jovanovic is an up and coming star in the making while their beanpole equivalent of Josh Kennedy is Nikola Zigic whilst Marko Pantelic has had a great goal scoring season with Ajax.

I think Serbia might just edge this... .

Return to “Fun & Games!”