***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Selling 4B12 stock exhaust manifold

Want to sell something, Post it up and sell it here. *Conditions Apply- Please read - http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=2085

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Selling 4B12 stock exhaust manifold

Postby Mooman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:46 am

ITEM: Stock 4B12 exhaust manifold.

ITEM CONDITION: Used, shows signs of wear/corrosion but in good condition.

REASON FOR SELLING: Removed from a wrecked car.

PRICE AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS: $35 + p&h (Approx. $40)

SHIPPING AND POSTAL ARRANGEMENTS: Will send via parcel post to anywhere in Australia.

EXTRA INFO: You will need to reuse or buy new donut and cylinder head gaskets. This is a great upgrade for any >2011 CVT equipped car as it improves torque in the low to mid RPM where CVT likes to operate.

CONTACT INFO: Reply to thread or PM.

**Sorry to Burfadel who was looking for one of these, this came unexpectedly out of a 2008 ES 4B11 auto. Seems that Mitsubishi originally had these in all cars but somewhere along the line only the 4B12 got them. I also checked a 2011 ES manual that had the clamshell style extractor so change occurred between 2008 and 2011 so worth checking those old cars.

Quismiff
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: Selling 4B12 stock exhaust manifold

Postby Quismiff » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Was just looking at my manifold earlier and was going to comment on Burfadels post, My MY08 2.0L VR-X has this style manifold in it already, I had been thinking of buying one, but now I don't require one. Sorry to roll OT Mooman.
2007 MY08 VR-X (cj-red)

I'm an eccentric smart-arse whose sarcasm has him perpetually in the s#@!.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 pm

The cover over the stock 2 litre extractors will look the same
Make sure to unbolt the cover/clam shell and check it fully
My 2 L headers were most definitely different.

burfadel
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby burfadel » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:21 pm

I wonder if the ASX's come with a clamshell or extractor type manifold? I believe the low end power probably comes from the small primaries, ideal for small engine and CVT's :), it would probably hinder the actual 4B12 manuals though due to the under load high rev, larger engine flow requirements.

If you have a 2.0 L with clamshell manifold, snap this up, highly recommended! It's also a good opportunity to exhaust wrap it before putting it on although I would also suggest wrapping the downpipe (identical part between 4B11 and 4B12) as well. The bracket also is completely different, Mooman is providing that. The holes are already in the engine block. I think maybe the bolts are the same as you can get off the 4B11 bracket though. The 4B11 clamshell bracket connects to the chassis, not the block.
I might add a pic of my car once I style the exterior a bit :).

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:13 pm

You can tell the different manifolds easily from the number of bolts on top heat shield (It was how I realized that a 2008 ES 4B11 unexpectedly had an extractor style manifold, so probably wrong to call it a 4B12 manifold...).

The top one with 3 bolts is an extractor (SUS pipe) style extractor, the bottom one with 4 bolts is a clamshell.

It isn't in the original photo but I do also have the 3 bolts for the mounting bracket so everything (except gaskets) is there ready to install.

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 am

This has now been sold, thanks everyone.

Return to “For Sale Section”