***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Selling 18mm OEM rear swaybar and lower control arms.

Want to sell something, Post it up and sell it here. *Conditions Apply- Please read - http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=2085

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Selling 18mm OEM rear swaybar and lower control arms.

Postby Mooman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:43 pm

***SOLD***

ITEM: 18mm OEM rear swaybar and lower control arms, including endlinks and mounting bushes with saddle clamps.

ITEM CONDITION: Used, was removed from a wrecked 2008 ES at Jollys U Pull it in Dandenong.
Details see: http://www.jollysupullit.com.au/eziparts/Display_Vehicle.asp?PriceListID=0&VehicleID=529891&Location=jollysupullitcomau&LocationID=2003&VehicleDesc=Mitsubishi%20CX/CY

REASON FOR SELLING: Removed as few opportunities to get OEM swaybars from DIY wreckers.

PRICE AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS: $130 cash only, or best offer.

SHIPPING AND POSTAL ARRANGEMENTS: Pick up only, or happy to deliver in person anywhere in Victoria.

EXTRA INFO: A great upgrade for any 2012 or later car as they don't come with one as standard. Also a starting point to add aftermarket bars (Whiteline etc.) easily for cars that have none.

CONTACT INFO: Reply to thread, PM or email CRFONE@Gmail.com.

Last edited by Mooman on Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Re: Selling 18mm OEM rear swaybar and lower control arms.

Postby Mooman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:22 am

No one is interested in this?

Starting with the MY12 Mitsubishi deleted the rear swaybar from all lower spec models, either to lower cost, lower weight or differentiate handling from the sports models.

Adding a swaybar to any ES, ES Sport or LX (Sedan or hatch) from 2012 onwards is the best 'bang for your buck' handling upgrade that can be done as it reduces the amount of over-steer the car experiences allowing for more precise and faster cornering.

All the mounting holes are in the subframe so installation is simple and quick, mount the bar and swap out the lower arms and torque all to spec.

If there is interest from interstate I can look into shipping options or if price is an issue I'm open to negotiation.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:16 pm

I have a 2012 "activ" i will have a look and see if i have one on the rear. If not i may be interested

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:05 pm

Correct me if im wrong but there doesnt seem to be a swaybar on the rear if my lancer.
Attachments
20170626_165808.jpg
20170626_165808.jpg (967.14 KiB) Viewed 12458 times
20170626_165915.jpg
20170626_165915.jpg (707.19 KiB) Viewed 12458 times

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Sent you a PM

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:31 am

I have bought this. Looking forward to adding this to my "activ"
Thanks

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Yep bar has been sold and will soon find life again in a new car.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:17 pm

The bushes that are spoken of in this thread that got replaced from Siberian bushes

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=19335&p=395279&hilit=Siberian#p395279

Im no expert on suspension. But are they the bushes in the arms in the photo that is shown by Moonman in this thread?

How many kilometers do the bushes usually last before they give up the ghost?

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:44 am

Notice as stated by Mooman, adding a rear sway bar reduces over steer.

Yet my understanding from arguments elsewhere is, that a rear sway bar will cause the rear of the car to break away earlier,
causing me to stay clear of fitting one. Realise improves handling and stiffens ride slightly.
My knowledge on this is limited. Can someone set me straight?

Roll over verses spin out? :?

Mooman
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mooman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:40 am

bumblebee wrote:The bushes that are spoken of in this thread that got replaced from Siberian bushes

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=19335&p=395279&hilit=Siberian#p395279

Im no expert on suspension. But are they the bushes in the arms in the photo that is shown by Moonman in this thread?

How many kilometers do the bushes usually last before they give up the ghost?

As an example I did the same swaybar conversion on my own car with bushes from 2010 with 160,000km on them, I've done around 40-50k more and the bushes are still in good condition, no perishing or movement. The bushes in the arms that I sold had done 69,707km so should last a fair while longer.

Of course with anything there are outliers and variance but if in doubt the bushes from your current arms can be a substitute.

Poly bushes I personally don't think are much use in the back as the arms are clamped solidly by the sub frame and wheel spindle each end so are subjected to little backwards forwards movement, but that is just opinion not an expert assessment.

sarusa wrote:Notice as stated by Mooman, adding a rear sway bar reduces over steer.

Yet my understanding from arguments elsewhere is, that a rear sway bar will cause the rear of the car to break away earlier,
causing me to stay clear of fitting one. Realise improves handling and stiffens ride slightly.
My knowledge on this is limited. Can someone set me straight?

Roll over verses spin out? :?

Suspension is a complicated system and I'm no expert but this is how I understand it.

The stock ES bar is only a 18mm solid bar, it adds enough roll stiffness to notice but not enough to cause any drastic, dangerous handling issues. The car will still understeer (not oversteer), just won't push in corners as much and be closer to neutral steering.

If you go too stiff on the back it can cause the inside back wheel to lift in extreme high speed cornering putting all the weight on the outside wheel which then relies on one tyre to counteract lateral movement.

Swaybars are all about slowing down weight transfer, the stiffer the slower the weight transfers to the other side/end. Stiffing the rear by a stiffer bar or adding a bar slows down the weight transferring from the front to the back and from left to right, keeping weight over the steering wheels which increases their grip and reducing the amount of weight that transfers to the outside of turns. Yes it can cause the car to oversteer if done to the extreme as the front has much more grip than the rear.

What it also does is reduce the amount of camber and toe change in the wheels as they move through their range of motion as they are kept closer to the same relative orientation left to right, making their level of grip more predictable.

But what is probably most important are the tyres, if they can't handle the forces you throw at them then the car can't corner as fast regardless of suspension setup.

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Greatly appreciated

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Maybe read this thread viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3619

jbj4700
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby jbj4700 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Howdy. I have all this gear to put on my 17' ES. Can anyone tell me the specs of the perch bolts? Do Mitsubishi sell them or can I just grab some from sca/ripco etc?

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:07 pm

aspir3 wrote:Maybe read this thread viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3619

Thank you for this. A good read. I learnt a lot

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks Mooman, Great bit of info: Makes a lot of sense. Sounds like original would be best suited to me. Pity Mitsu: stopped fitting them.
Only objection is I understand it will stiffen ride!?

Return to “For Sale Section”