***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*SOLD* Rays Engineering Volk Racing RE30 For Sale !

Want to sell something, Post it up and sell it here. *Conditions Apply- Please read - http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=2085

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

*SOLD* Rays Engineering Volk Racing RE30 For Sale !

Postby PYLee » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:17 pm

ITEM: Rays Engineering Volk Racing RE30 18 x 8 width , +44 offset in Matte Bronze , Lightweight wheel only at 7.2kg per wheel with center caps on.

ITEM CONDITION: Minor surface scuff on 1 wheel , 3 other wheels in perfect condition

REASON FOR SELLING: Parting out

PRICE AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS: $2800(including center caps and lug nut), $2700(only wheels) , will consider nearest offer for CCJ boys

SHIPPING AND POSTAL ARRANGEMENTS: Local pickup or ship at buyers expense

EXTRA INFO: Only done 4000km on them, Retail price is around $3800 - $4000 for only the wheels. Their ready to be mounted onto your car. Fits stock tires ! Looks perfect for all CJ colors and does not require any fender modifications

CONTACT INFO: PM or Email @ tikiinthehouse@hotmail.com

PICTURES:
Last edited by PYLee on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SirGalantHad
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby SirGalantHad » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:23 am

OMFG :shock:

Sexy wheels... :D :D
say no to rice neons and led drls

daily driven and driven hard

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:03 am

it'll look perfect on black too :twisted:
Lancer Evolution 10MR

SirGalantHad
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby SirGalantHad » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:15 am

Oh for sure!

Hmmmm.... Now I just need $3k 8) :P)

smithsy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby smithsy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Fits stock tyres? No it doesn't you should not be running 215s on a 8" rim. You need 225s minimum or what would be more recommended is a 235....

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:45 pm

8" rims will fit on 215 wide tyres fine.. its not that much of a stretch like you see on those cars running 9.5"+ rims on 215 or 225s..

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:55 pm

smithsy wrote:Fits stock tyres? No it doesn't you should not be running 215s on a 8" rim. You need 225s minimum or what would be more recommended is a 235....

mate , i've been running them on stock tires for 4000kms and no problems at all. Why would i put false info just to sell them lmao

refer to my garage for a closer look at the wheel on stock tires

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:03 pm

I can testify to this. WM was running stock tyres on these Volks... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

BeHaV3
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BeHaV3 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:50 pm

whitemonster wrote:
smithsy wrote:Fits stock tyres? No it doesn't you should not be running 215s on a 8" rim. You need 225s minimum or what would be more recommended is a 235....

mate , i've been running them on stock tires for 4000kms and no problems at all. Why would i put false info just to sell them lmao

refer to my garage for a closer look at the wheel on stock tires

Yokohama website on the 103 advans, 215/45 R18. Minimum rim 7", recommended rim 7", Maximum rim 8".

Looks kosher.....
CJ RA. Stock!

smithsy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby smithsy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:03 pm

Just because they can be stretched right out to fit, doesn't by any means make it a recommended practice. 225s are stretched enough as it is on 8" rims providing no protection, yet alone running 215s.

Beats me why anyone would fork out $4k on rims and then skimp out and use the shitty poorly fitted OEM tyres. Hell even Kumho KU31s are cheap and will far out perform Advan A10s...

Especially on $4k rims I wouldn't risk skimping out on tyres then find you hit a pot hole or gutter and put a nice ding or scrape in the rims because the tyres are stretched right out and not providing enough protection of the rims edge! Oh wait you've already done that to one of the rims.... :roll:

bye2u
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bye2u » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:10 pm

smithsy wrote:Just because they can be stretched right out to fit, doesn't by any means make it a recommended practice. 225s are stretched enough as it is on 8" rims providing no protection, yet alone running 215s.

Beats me why anyone would fork out $4k on rims and then skimp out and use the shitty poorly fitted OEM tyres. Hell even Kumho KU31s are cheap and will far out perform Advan A10s...

Especially on $4k rims I wouldn't risk skimping out on tyres then find you hit a pot hole or gutter and put a nice ding or scrape in the rims because the tyres are stretched right out and not providing enough protection of the rims edge! Oh wait you've already done that to one of the rims.... :roll:

like i said 8" on 215s aren't an extreme stretch to the extent that there's minimal protection for the rims..

I believe he was using the stock tyres on the volks because they were basically still brand new and might as well use them and upgrade later on to 225/235..

I dont think he scraped the rims due to hitting a pothole.. even if he had 245 or 255s on im pretty sure he still would of scraped the rim the way he did (or gf) for that matter :)

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Dude...that sort of attitude isn't needed here. Your opinion is valid, but it does not need to be accompanied by a sharp tongue.

No one was attacking you personally, merely pointing out that it's one option.

Good luck with the sale Lee. I'd take them off you now if I had the money :p
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

smithsy
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby smithsy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:26 pm

kinesis wrote:Dude...that sort of attitude isn't needed here. Your opinion is valid, but it does not need to be accompanied by a sharp tongue.

No one was attacking you personally, merely pointing out that it's one option.

Good luck with the sale Lee. I'd take them off you now if I had the money :p

Get off ya high horse mate!

If that's what you call a sharp tongue time to get out in the real world...

Just do a google search, you wont find too many recommendations for fitting 215s....but whatever I'm not talking with experience from trying different sized rim widths and tyre widths...

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:34 pm

back on topic please.

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:16 pm

mate , all i can say is that your just a softy that is afraid of trying anything out and comment on them based on facts you read over the internet without actual practice , I've done it on 215 with no dramas at all and many people have done it aswell so quit your whining and go cry else where.

even with 235s on 8" , your not going to protect your wheels from high curbs and potholes so i reckon you should just stick to your stock wheels so you won't cry each time you scuff them.

thanks for keeping the thread in topic guys :) my gf still owes me a big dinner for what she's done to the wheel lmao

i'll do some discounts if someone from CCJ is really interested in it :wink:

Return to “For Sale Section”