***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Choose a stripe for my ralliart!

Vinyls, Decals & Graphic Ext/Interior Modifications.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Itachi wrote:
tjoz wrote:Na, none of this stripe stuff for 'tufness'. Get BoA vinyls :D Helps if you got a black roof too

But Tim, if we all get BOA vinyl, then your car wont be unique and you'll have to get new ones!! :P

You could always try the old starsky and hutch stripe down the side :D

Maybe not :P You could go Matrix vinyls, whoever made them up obviously failed maths as all they got up to in numbers were 0 and 1. The other numbers might have been a bit too much to get their head around :lol:

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:13 pm

What's a BOA vinyl?

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:29 pm

heres a pic of the stripes I have on mine, some like it some don't, it's all personal taste. Mine were free so I'm not complaining ;)

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Thats looks pretty cool,was thinking of getting that done myself,however i have vinyled the rear lip spoiler grey so not sure how the black stripe would look. BTW my car is silver as well :)

evo9990
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby evo9990 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:32 pm

those look so cool , hey guys what do you think a thick stripe in the center? it would make it look wider, dont you guys reckon, some people like my friends say not to put it cause it would look stupid, so iam not sure if it would look stupid or not

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jjpapaik » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:40 pm

i have a black lancer, but i want matt black stripes. very subtle - for some reason i like it! probably along the doors.

craigeth
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby craigeth » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:24 am

how much does this normally set you back?
Twenty Three Frames - Photography and Video Production
www.twentythreeframes.com

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:35 am

Craig ol' buddy :D

Stripes won't set you back too much - its just a matter of going to a signwriting company (there's something like 15 of em in Cairns) and getting the stripe cut. Then either pro install (thats where the cost is) or self install (like my ol' neighbour Alex did on his CE Lancer, you've seen them).

On the other hand - airbrushing - custom graphics painted on with an airbrush - which is what I want to do... can be very expensive.

craigeth
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby craigeth » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:51 am

Lol harry how bout you just the scratches and cuts that you've already got fixed first huh?
Twenty Three Frames - Photography and Video Production

www.twentythreeframes.com

Josh_Emerton
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Josh_Emerton » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:19 am

Car is in Wilmotts right now, douche :P

Once it gets back... MODS! lol

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:02 am

Friend of mine got her xr8 falcon done with two stripes down the middle of her car. They charged her around $350 and took around four hours. Single stripe towards the side of the bonnet,roof,boot is around $200

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:12 am

I like a bit of pinstriping like bye2u has in the picture. I have it on the Bubble and it stands out from all the others. I have silver and darker grey on a Burgandy car. It suits it rather nicely. We've always put pinstriping on the work commodores in the same place. It used to look nice. Made them different to the millions of other boring looking ones.

This Lancer is the first car I've owned that doesn't have it to be honest. My dark green 929 Coupe had gold pin stripes down the doors. Looked great with the gold rims :) And Dad put baby blue and a darker blue down the doors on the old Datto 1600. It was off white. It looked amazing. And my Mini K had a thicker black stripe with chrome edging down the doors. It was mustard coloured.

Our old 1980 RA40 Celica has the pin stripes down the side and also around the indents in the bonnet. It also has Celica written in massive letters down the sides along the bottom of the doors.

I don't mind the stripes up and over the roof. It looks great on some of the muscle cars and nothing beats the look of the white with the blue stripes on a Cobra.

Hmmm I just realised how boring the Lancer is without stripes. I think I better start thinking about putting some on.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:04 pm

I'm half tempted to get a stripe on the side makes it unique which is a good thing :)

Return to “Vinyls & Graphics”