***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Vinyl from sign-a-rama

Vinyls, Decals & Graphic Ext/Interior Modifications.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Vinyl from sign-a-rama

Postby Gleno » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Cant believe how thin it is,compared to the mitsubishi vinyl,how often do you guys have to change the vinyl on the front bumper??

The OEM vinyl has a course finish,and is stonechip proof from what i was told.

I may as well buy a small piece of vinyl just to cover the tow hook??

Thoughts?? I should keep the OEM and maybe ill vinyl the bottom part of the bumper??

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:22 pm

I have had my bumper vinyl on for a good half year or so, along with my bonnet vinyl. I bought my vinyl locally and was told it would last 7 years under weather strain, if anything all vinyl would last atleast a few years (unless ofcourse you have chips etc)

If you have OEM you may aswell use it for the front bumper and use a cheaper vinyl for the other parts, nothing is stone chip proof lol, and from what the club has said the OEM vinyl doesnt quite fit how you'd imagine (gaps of paint showing etc)
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Yeah I know wat u mean, I'm mainly concerned About covering up the tow hook, not fussed about under the grille etc. I'm thinking on just getting the very bottom of the bumper done and cover the tow hook without having to rip off the oem vinyl and re doing the whole thing. I got no idea why mitusubishi didn't make that part black in the first place.

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Surely the car can be towed by other means if u can't access the tow hook?? Cars never had them before as far as I know unless they were underneath the car somewhere.

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:52 pm

i pulled the tow hook cover off and wrapped it in vinyl then put it back on the bumper, i actually like the feint outline that makes.
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

Return to “Vinyls & Graphics”