***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Chrome Vinyl front bumper...advice please

Vinyls, Decals & Graphic Ext/Interior Modifications.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Chrome Vinyl front bumper...advice please

Postby jjpapaik » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:06 am

Hey guys how are we all

i've just been reading through most of the topics about the vinyl blackouts and such, and just had a couple of questions.

i have a black SX Hatch, and basically wanted to get the front outline (not sure what its called) in chrome, im not sure if i need to get an actually replacement for the outline, made of chrome if so where would i purchase this from. otherwise can u just cover it in chrome vinyl? i've heard that it may be hard to bend it around though...

secondly i was considering putting the carbon fiber vinyl in the interior such as around the aircon dials etc..would that be a DIY task? if so is there any how to's on that? havent really seen anything

and lastly, with the front bumper i was thinking of if i manage to get the outlines of the grill in chrome to make the bumper chrome also, would that work? or even go the dark carbon fiber look.

Any help would be appreciated, i have no idea when it comes to mods, so go easy on me! just want to make it look a little spunkier than it already does and less stock standard! lol

would any of these be ok?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 3424wt_905

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 2124wt_905

how easy is vinyl to remove if i decide i don't like it?

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:35 am

@jj: I know you're in Melbourne so best for you to come along to one of our meets. See the cars in the flesh and then decide what to do.

The chrome around the front grill uses Wheel Arch moulding which you can buy from Autobarn, SCA or Repco. I think the DIY on the topic states clearly how to do this. Matt did it ages ago.

Since your car is already black, blacking out the front middle bumper may do very little.

IF you speak to lukeaday who is from Sign Creations, he can help you wrap nearly anything in vinyl. Not an easy task to wrap the aircon dials. Removing it is a real pain.

Have a look for Skorps's car and also aspired's car for the CF bumper bar overlay and the chrome bumper bar overlay looks.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:40 am

Jen pm lukeday(Luke) for any vinyl you want. He is a sponsor of the club http://clubcj.net/viewforum.php?f=77 He will fit it to at a reasonable price.

I have fitted chrome vinyl to my bumper. It is hard to do but i think it looks great.

Those of us who have fitted the chrome vinyl have chrome grill surrounds. It would look funny with black grills IMHO.

If I had a black car with black grills I would just fit the chrome wheel moulding strip around the grills. I like the thicker moulding. I believe it is around 15mm thick.

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jjpapaik » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:32 pm

thanks for the tips, my friend has some gold evo wheels in his workshop and was going to give them to me (he imports them), but whats the likely hood of finding gold colourd vinyls to match the rims say if i were to go a black and gold theme?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:35 pm

I would imagine reasonable easy. Again ask luke as he would know best.

It will not matter if it is not the exact same colours as they will not be next to each other and wheels change colour with all the dust the get.

jjpapaik
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby jjpapaik » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:40 pm

yeah, i sorta just imagine it would look funny if i get goldish trims, and then it take ages to get the gold wheels. would it look funny with a chrome exhaust tip?

Return to “Vinyls & Graphics”