***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

stainless steel vinyl

Vinyls, Decals & Graphic Ext/Interior Modifications.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Scott_VRX_Fan
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Scott_VRX_Fan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 pm

you would be able to get brushed stainless steel vinyl im sure.

look heaps better than stainless steel as well
Mods Completed
ANZ Tazer 18" Wheels, Rear LED Tailights, GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit Suspension 1.2" Front 0.8" Rear

Mods To Be Completed
Front Bumper Upgrade

Mods in Development
Brembo Brakes, Rear Wing, Bonnet, Inbuilt Sat Nav

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:55 pm

lol :-)
Basically, it magnetises the object so that the chrome particles will stick, but that's about the extent of my knowledge (other than it can be done to plastics and metals, not sure where u draw the line there tho - like, rubber? dunno...)

But it is expensive for small runs - something u do if ur MAD-KEEN on chrome and it's worth it to u... or if u've got say a car club that all wanna get stuff done at the same time - then u've got a bigger order and it won't cost as much.

Also - chroming is usually done at an electroplaters, yes ;-) and we've come a LONG way with coatings these days (thus the CF trim u can buy everywhere / woodgrain dashes / custom textured dashes etc) So.... I dare say they've come up with a stainless or at least a shadow-chrome finish of some sort that could be applied to a stock ABS plastic vortex generator...
If u ask real nicely I miiight be able to look up details here in melb and give u an idea of what sorta options we've got here? or u have a look urself and report back to us all when u find out - cos I'm interested in this too :-)

Return to “Vinyls & Graphics”