***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

CF vinyl wrap or paint?

Vinyls, Decals & Graphic Ext/Interior Modifications.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

rasit.aslim
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

CF vinyl wrap or paint?

Postby rasit.aslim » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Enquiry solved
Last edited by rasit.aslim on Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Lancer ES CF Sport

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Re: CF vinyl wrap or paint?

Postby ReeceCozaa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:32 pm

i used plastidip to give my lancer the “evo” look on the front grille but i didn’t end up sticking with it, as i pulled it all off i ended up leaving the bottom chrome of the grille matt black and loved it, it looks like this

i personally like it, im gonna leave the front matt black but i’m sure gloss would look just as nice! i dipped the roof as well matt black, im contemplating glossing it soon, as for the process of dip it’s fun to use, not permanent and can be easily removed any time, fairly easy to use with bit of trial and error, not sure about vinyl wrap. oh and nice lancer :lol: !
We are all in it for the fun!

rasit.aslim
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby rasit.aslim » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:41 pm

ReeceCozaa wrote:i used plastidip to give my lancer the “evo” look on the front grille but i didn’t end up sticking with it, as i pulled it all off i ended up leaving the bottom chrome of the grille matt black and loved it, it looks like this

i personally like it, im gonna leave the front matt black but i’m sure gloss would look just as nice! i dipped the roof as well matt black, im contemplating glossing it soon, as for the process of dip it’s fun to use, not permanent and can be easily removed any time, fairly easy to use with bit of trial and error, not sure about vinyl wrap. oh and nice lancer :lol: !

Thanks bro :D and wow, that looks really good! Matches nice with the front lip, is that a universal DIY lip or did is a bolt on for CF?

I wouldn't mind getting one to protect the front bumper from scrapes at parking bays etc haha. I thought of dip but just worried I might mess it up. Might go to this auto shop called wall street kustoms, seen some of their work it looks pretty sweet but then again if it comes down cheaper with dip then I might have to risk it :lol:

Also, did you disconnect your factory DRLs on normal dipped beam? Mine stays on with dipped beam so it's 4 DRLs on but I'm thinking of getting these LED foggies although it may be too much hahaha
2017 Lancer ES CF Sport

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:46 pm

hahah thanks bro! it’s a all fit lip, basically 1.5inch ‘rubber’ material with an adhesive backing, all i could find for the CF back then, bolted it up with brackets underneath the bumper and it hasn’t budged since, it’s honestly a miracle when it comes to going nose first into the ground, protected my paint from a lot of nasty bumps and still looks pretty good! i used duplicolour removable spray on from supercheap i think they’re roughly 20 bucks or so per can, i ended up using two cans on the roof which ended up looking like this

only problem with the matt spray is it is so damn easy to look dirty and make dirty! see how you go else, might be able to get a damn good professional job done, if anything spraying it yourself can be a fun little experiment hahaha

*edit* didn’t see the second bit, i have all 4 DRL running atm, although i need to fix the bottom as they dim when the top are on, the fogs would great too! but i believe in nsw they’re illegal to have on unless it particular conditions

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:53 pm

i reckon go for the gloss. would work real well with the silver car.
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:50 am

I sprayed the Chrome on the grill matt black, and prefer the look to the chrome.

I've seen the gloss at the Mitsubishi Dealer. Honestly I thought the Gloss on white stood out to much. Where as the Matt was more subtle.
Then again it's a matter of taste.
CF Lancer GSR 2.4L CVT Sportback
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:28 am

MiracleLancer wrote:I sprayed the Chrome on the grill matt black, and prefer the look to the chrome.

I've seen the gloss at the Mitsubishi Dealer. Honestly I thought the Gloss on white stood out to much. Where as the Matt was more subtle.

Paint should be easily removed from chrome with thinners, or ? break fluid messy but less likely to hurt plastics.

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:36 am

If your looking for the RA EVO look and blacking out the chrome, why not black out the center bar as well!
Plastidip will let you take it back to normal if you don't like it!

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 am

sarusa wrote:
MiracleLancer wrote:I sprayed the Chrome on the grill matt black, and prefer the look to the chrome.

Paint should be easily removed from chrome with thinners, or ? break fluid messy but less likely to hurt plastics.

I used Paint and peel so it's all good haha, probably should have mentioned that. :)
CF Lancer GSR 2.4L CVT Sportback
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:52 pm

yeah dip is the best way to go to see if you like it!

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:45 am

[quote="rasit.aslim"]Thinking of getting my CF roof, mirrors tv vinyl wrapped or painted but unsure what's better in the long run.

This is the American limited edition CF ES (Black Edition in AU), comes with a factory sunroof and black wheels, roof etc. Don't know why we get no sunroof in AU but it's no big deal :oops:

Anyway, I want to get rid of the chrome surrounds and either paint or wrap it gloss black just like the black edition. Roof, mirrors, side badge etc.
Any suggestions on which is better? What do you think would look better, gloss or matte black

Black roof will make the interior of your car much hotter in summer! :?

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:26 am

The last thing you want in AU is a sunroof. Just something else to go wrong and leak when it rains. Left extra heat inside the cabin. And jam and fail when the motor for it plays up.
No thanks

Ronan.Butler11
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Ronan.Butler11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:57 am

bumblebee wrote:The last thing you want in AU is a sunroof. Just something else to go wrong and leak when it rains. Left extra heat inside the cabin. And jam and fail when the motor for it plays up.
No thanks

i dont mind them too much in the heat. pump cold air onto your feet and leave the sunroof wide open when you first start the car, quickest way of cooling mine. its black so i need all the help with cooling i can get lol
"When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be An Evo! (9 MR with a filthy BOV)

'09 Lancer VRX
Modifications:
De-Res Then a 2.5" Dual Exit X-Force Axle back Exhaust
18" King Rims
Ralliart Snorkel
LED No. Plate lights and interior
*insert further useless modifications to make it seem like i'm good at this*

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:14 am

Lol
Slighty wind down one of the rear passenger windows about 1cm or less
Put the aircon to flat chat
Get the windows tinted in "midnight express"

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:48 pm

with mine being black is see no difference in heat this summer so far or general, a sunroof would be nice on the lancer, i wish they kept them on the GSR/VRX variant

Return to “Vinyls & Graphics”